Proposal: McDavid to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
he’s a top 3 asset in the NHL and most probably the #1-2 best defensemen in the NHL for the next ten years. if mcdavid were to go to colorado for makar colorado would probably only have to add newhook to it and the value would be fair.
McDavid, Drai, Hedman, Fox, Crosby, Kuch, Vas, Mac.. I don't see Makar better than these players, so I'd disagree that he's a top 3 asset in the league

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Oilers already traded away the best player in the game once upon a time, no way a franchise survives doing it twice......

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
I disagree depending on what the Oilers would want via the draft capital. Rangers have enough prospects they can afford to loose some.

Mcdavid> Zibby + Fox.
Loosing Fox would sting like hell but would be needed.

Laf for all we know could stay the same. If he doesnt improve its not a big loss when you get Mcdavid back

Unsure what prospects or draft capital Oilers would want.

Salary relief is just needed in the trade id imagine. Idk maybe not

Maybe, but the business side of this deal just doesn't work. You want to attract clients who say they want to play here and force their way to you? The best way to not do that is sign them to an 8 year extension and ship them off to Edmonton.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Maybe, but the business side of this deal just doesn't work. You want to attract clients who say they want to play here and force their way to you? The best way to not do that is sign them to an 8 year extension and ship them off to Edmonton.

Yeah thats fair.

Honestly im not a fan of a player forcing their way anywhere so I wouldn't think twice about trading him for Mcdavid. Im sure other clients would understand as well. Like this is the best player in the leauge

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
You want a NYR/Oiler deal for McDavid?

Okay.

:edmonton

Shersterkin
Kakko
Nils Lundkvist
Braden Schneider
Chytil

:rangers

Connor McDavid
Koskinen
Kassian

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Okay.

Shersterkin
Kakko
Nils Lundkvist
Braden Schneider
Chytil

Connor McDavid
Koskinen
Kassian

It's a fair offer value wise, kudos there.
Consistent w/my positions about cap, depth etc etc. I'd pass esp since McD is only coupla yrs. Would not want him into late years as decrepit albatross, but contract into early 30s in his case, yes.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

Okay.

Shersterkin
Kakko
Nils Lundkvist
Braden Schneider
Chytil

Connor McDavid
Koskinen
Kassian

It's a fair trade I just can't give up Shesterkin. Would you do all of the above players minus Shesterkin for Draisaitl or is having no goalie in the trade a deal breaker?

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
It's a fair trade I just can't give up Shesterkin. Would you do all of the above players minus Shesterkin for Draisaitl or is having no goalie in the trade a deal breaker?

I think the Oilers have to have him. Adding him fixes a serious hole in their organization, adding Chytil fills in the center position that now should have drai, RNH, Chytil and McLeod, Kakko improves the right side after moving Kassian, and the two D should allow another move, such as trading Broberg, to add something else like Chychrun.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011

saysva Ny R fan?? OfC you think its fair.

Oilers has zero reason to do that trade.

Lafranierre and Kakko has low value. Pick them out.

There is a reason Ny Rangers fans is shipping out Kakko and Laf in every deal. Both is high draft picks, that has lower ceiling than thought, and lower floor than expected, and are dissapointments. Kakko has a small value, but its lower than for ex Puljujärvi. Their only value is high draftpedigree and expected talent

Add two others.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
He’s not getting traded anytime soon even if he wants out. There just not a deal that works that doesn’t destroy a teams depth/farm system or a deal that doesn’t hose the oilers

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
Rangers don't have the young center, dman or goalie available to make it work.

Anaheim(McTavish/Drysdale/Dostal)
Florida(Lundell/Ekblad/Knight)
Buffalo(Cozens/Krebs/Power/Levi)
Detroit(Larkin/Seider/Cossa)
Avalanche(Newhook/Byram/Annunen)
Vancouver(Petterson/Hughes/Demko)
New Jersey (Hughes/Hughes/Blackwood)

Off the top of my head the teams that have the assets that would appease HFoil fans in a McDavid or Draisaitl trade.
you would take that from NJ for McDavid? lol

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
I disagree depending on what the Oilers would want via the draft capital. Rangers have enough prospects they can afford to loose some.

Mcdavid> Zibby + Fox.
Loosing Fox would sting like hell but would be needed.

Laf for all we know could stay the same. If he doesnt improve its not a big loss when you get Mcdavid back

Unsure what prospects or draft capital Oilers would want.

Salary relief is just needed in the trade id imagine. Idk maybe not

You're right, the Rangers won't instantly turn into the Oilers, THEY WOULD BE WORSE.

Sometimes I wonder if people on this board even watch hockey.

Reactions: bernmeister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad