Proposal: McDavid to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The only team worth consider trading with is colorado

MacKinnon + Makar + 1st 2023 (the year)

for ConnorMcDavid

See, he might be theoretically worth that but Colorado would never make that trade. It actually makes them worse. I think if any trade for McDavid happens somewhere down the line, Edmonton fans might be disappointed with the return. Teams aren't going to gut their rosters to get McDavid because I don't think it makes them a better team. That's the goal to become a better team. Would Colorado be better team with McDavid instead of Mack but no Makar? I doubt it very much. It's a very tricky trade to make that's for sure.

Reactions: Guitpik

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
NYR is a fair proposal. Forget about Fox or Trouba, they won’t play in EDM. Don’t believe NYR has the cap to make this work.

COL is not happening. Mackinnon is far superior in the playoffs and cheaper. Makar is nearly at the same level.

EDM won’t get a better proposal than the NYR.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
:rangers
Connor McDavid

:edmonton
Alexis Lafreniere
Kaapo Kakko
Filip Chytil
Nils Lundkvist
Alexandar Georgiev
Ed, stop w/the win now. Come back from the dark side. You're smarter than that.

Believe it or not, it's a good offer but if I'm EDM I press for Lindgren + Jones as well and NY relents if Chytil comes back.
But it is still not good long term strategy to cannibalize youth for vets.
And what if -- he'll get the same max $$ wherever he signs -- what if after his contract is up in whatev relatively soon period of time he does not extend w/Rangers?
Depth + cap flexibility from quality youth > other options

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Lmao why would Colorado ever do this.

Arguably the 3rd best player + arguably the 1st best defenceman + 1st rounder

for

Arguably the 1st best player in the league

Doesn't really add up. Makar alone is nearly as valuable as McDavid is. Same with MacKinnon. They are all top 5 assets in the league.
I don't agree what Makar is nearly as valuable as McDavid, I do agree the difference between Mac and McDavid is NOT Makar and a 1st

drop the 1st for COL and EDM add someone like Broberg or something maybe?

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Hard pass. NYR offer starts with Zib+Lafreniere and keep on adding from there.
I mean, I would probably do it.

The only guys I wouldn't trade are Fox and Panarin, not because McDavid doesn't have that type of value, but just because it wouldn't make sense to get McDavid to put him on an decimated roster.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Fox
Zibby
Laf
Oilers choice of prospect
Draft capital
Salary releif
Fox + Zib execute nmc and refuse to go.

A comparable offer from LA would probably look like:

Byfield
Turcotte
Kupari
Bjornfot
Petersen

Which, in my opinion, isn't enough for McDavid.
LA can do a better offer of Byfield ++++

I just can't imagine a world where the Oilers brass decides that they can't win with the best player in the world. If you can't win with him, why can you win without him? Just would never happen outside of McDavid literally saying he will never play another game for them again.
Fair pt, but the premise is like Leafs, a team w/too much top heavy and not enuf depth is not as likely to win as some would think. There is also the risk that if McD does extend well before, they are going up vs a scenario where he may want out, and that means doing this ugly may be unavoidable, so a reset now may make some more sense.
But that said, if I'm Oil, I don't deal Drai or McD atm. I do have to own up to stupid drafting and bad signings and consider dealing desirable assets to work around that while drafting/trading better.

Don't care what position your players were drafted. You don't get the best player in the NHL for a bunch of maybezzzz & under performing youth. If you are trading for Connor its gonna sting a little, don't you think? Think about a few of your players that you don't want to jettison. Even with our shit management, I don't think they would even remotely entertain what you are offering.
The offer does sting. You want certainty, not upside of potential. Not everyone has that, and not every such player is available for trade w/o waiver of nmc/ntc.

NYR is a fair proposal. Forget about Fox or Trouba, they won’t play in EDM. Don’t believe NYR has the cap to make this work.

COL is not happening. Mackinnon is far superior in the playoffs and cheaper. Makar is nearly at the same level.

EDM won’t get a better proposal than the NYR.
Agree. That said, NY + Oil both should not.

Hard pass. NYR offer starts with Zib+Lafreniere and keep on adding from there.
If Zib could be dealt as a major component of value involved, sure, that would make more sense but unfortunately, nmc.

McJesusSaves97

I see the light
May 17, 2015
Cowtown: Behind Enemy Lines
I personally would be willing to part with Fox in the deal, but I don't want to be raked over the coals by my fellow Ranger fans lol. I feel I may have less attachment to him than others given that I'm not from NY, so the hometown kid story doesn't matter quite as much to me. What if that proposal swapped Lafreniere with Fox? What would be your ask personally? I know based on your username you probably don't wish to trade him lol, but if you saw BREAKING NEWS MCDAVID TRADED TO NYR, what are you reasonably hoping that deal is?
Believe it or not, I'm actually not against trading anyone on our team. As a base, I would want a center to "replace" McDavid (Zibby, ya he has a NMC so likely not realistic) & a legit stud D (Fox) back in any deal (I'm not as big of a Nurse fan as most)...and obviously other pieces would need to be added in to even out cap & to even out the deal. I personally would prefer to deal with a team offering up a stud goalie over anything in a legit McDavid proposal, but I understand that is wildly imaginative at best. Is there a realistic offer to be had between our teams? Doubtful. Fox didn't want to sign with the Flames, so there's no chance he is itching to come to Edmonton & Zib is not okaying a move to this dumpster fire.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Never said LA couldn't, I was just approximating OP's value into a Kings proposal.

For LA to actually land McDavid, it starts with Byfield, Turcotte, and Clarke, and continues from there.

Agree and not saying LAK, or any other team, should gut their team, which is obv what it would take.

Reactions: kilowatt

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Lmao why would Colorado ever do this.

Arguably the 3rd best player + arguably the 1st best defenceman + 1st rounder

for

Arguably the 1st best player in the league

Doesn't really add up. Makar alone is nearly as valuable as McDavid is. Same with MacKinnon. They are all top 5 assets in the league.

OK. No trade!

Reactions: VainGretzky

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
See, he might be theoretically worth that but Colorado would never make that trade. It actually makes them worse. I think if any trade for McDavid happens somewhere down the line, Edmonton fans might be disappointed with the return. Teams aren't going to gut their rosters to get McDavid because I don't think it makes them a better team. That's the goal to become a better team. Would Colorado be better team with McDavid instead of Mack but no Makar? I doubt it very much. It's a very tricky trade to make that's for sure.

The trade pretty much has to start from MAcKinnon.
That he is costcontrolled is a value in itself. If MacKinnon went to another franschise, I bet though that he wants a sensible raise....

if I take the critic, and do something else;

I see MacKinnon + 1 st 2022/2023 + some prospect

or Makar + 1st 2022/2023 + a centerprospect

for McDaddy

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Perhaps offensively, although Lundkvist's 4 points in 25 games this season sure didn't set the world on fire. Bjornfot is better defensively, is a year younger, and has more NHL experience.
I watched them both in the SHL. Lundqvist was one of the best defensemen in the league while being a junior. Björnfot, not so much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad