Post-Game Talk: Lmao worst collapse in NHL history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
I guess I can't leave yet until it's over over.

I guess a silver lining is we lost 1 home game during this process. And that 1 home game we looked pretty decent except for 2 events. A horrid turnover and a Bob was just bad.

I hope we change the Lines. It's PoMo I doubt he will but I'm hoping

Rodrigues Barkov Tkachuk
Verhaeghe Bennett Tarasenko
Luostarinen Lundell Reinhart
Lomberg Stenlund Lorentz (he's looked the best out of the 3 remaining)
not sure about tank being swapped, hes looked good with lundell, im actually really surprised the 3rd line isnt having a better series tbh, theyre not goin against the top lines at all and have firepower. I would not swap erod from the 2nd line, hes been way too good there, although tn was quiet the dude has been on fire there. If anything just swap tank and reino.

IMO if swaggy cant produce offensively he needs to be benched, total liability on defense and he looks like he just wants to go home, reino may be a ghost but i dont see him messing up nearly as much.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
not sure about tank being swapped, hes looked good with lundell, im actually really surprised the 3rd line isnt having a better series tbh, theyre not goin against the top lines at all and have firepower. I would not swap erod from the 2nd line, hes been way too good there, although tn was quiet the dude has been on fire there. If anything just swap tank and reino.

IMO if swaggy cant produce offensively he needs to be benched, total liability on defense and he looks like he just wants to go home, reino may be a ghost but i dont see him messing up nearly as much.

It's one game. The goal is to win.

If there was ever a time to stack the lines with your best players performing, it's game.

Coach Q used to unite Kane and Toews only for game 7 plus their 3rd best functioning forward. Could be Hossa. Could be whoever.

This series, it's been Erod Barky and Tkachuk.

It's time to empty the tank.

I would even consider Bennett Lundell Reinhart as a trio in spots.

Nothing to save it for. Nothing to balance the lines for. It's 1 game

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
It's one game. The goal is to win.

If there was ever a time to stack the lines with your best players performing, it's game.

Coach Q used to unite Kane and Toews only for game 7 plus their 3rd best functioning forward. Could be Hossa. Could be whoever.

This series, it's been Erod Barky and Tkachuk.

It's time to empty the tank.

I would even consider Bennett Lundell Reinhart as a trio in spots.

Nothing to save it for. Nothing to balance the lines for. It's 1 game
the barkov-chucky line hasnt worked since tampa though

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Power play needs a new look too

Reinhart Barkov Tkachuk (Barkov as the bumper, Tkachuk below the line

OEL Tarasenko for a one timer option on the Circle.

We haven't thrown a one timer option out there all playoffs. It's time for bombs

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I don’t mind OEL on the pp. I prefer him over montour at this point, but he tends to try and feather quick wristers hoping it finds its way through a screen or gets deflected. If I really had to shake it up I’d probably have barkov down low, Tarasenko on the right for a one time option, Erod on the left side for another one time option, Forsling up top since he’s our quickest D even though somethings gotta be wrong because I see guys beating him to pucks even when he has a head start which I’ve never seen that happen until recently but he has a really strong and under rated one timer that can be an option at the point. I’d still have Reinhart in front I guess because he’s still really good at tipping shots. If not, then Bennett.

Barkov
Reinhart
Rodrigues Tarasenko
Forsling

Verhaeghe is a pure goal scorer with wheels but he doesn’t think the game at a high level. If he gets time and space to walk in and rip a shot yeah he’s dangerous there but he doesn’t have the hockey IQ to play the PP where you need to think fast. Tkachuk is even struggling on the powerplay.

Last edited:

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Either way, I don’t think there’s any chance they’re winning game 7 no matter the adjustment.

They have McDavid and he’s setting records. Bouchard is setting records. They’ve won the last 3 straight convincingly. Bob looks broken mentally, if not the rest of the team. And it’s still going to be embarrassing because they’re literally going to will their team from a 0-3 deficit, only the 2nd time in history of the final and first in the modern era post WWII, yet 4 of their D are Nurse, Ceci, Kulak, and Broberg with Skinner in net. But mcdavid, draisaitl, Hyman, and Bouchard will literally carry them all the way to 4 straight historical victories. It’s pretty insane.

And that’s why I said all of those positive odds about winning game 1 and winning the first 2 and doing that at home and winning the first 3 and so on…are all just numbers on a paper. That means nothing until it’s over. Thats why they play the games

Reactions: scholl

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
I give credit to the effort of some posters to see which lines are workable at this point.
The friggin problem is we are being pushed out to the boards on offense and our neutral zones are being compromised so any reasonable line changes mean nothing.

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
Bob looks broken mentally, if not the rest of the team.
Players and coaches are mentally broken.
Looks like the team that lost to Tampa a couple of years ago. Leaders are now week and I cannot imagine how they could turn it now and win the game 7. They try to avoid mistakes and that makes it worse.

Maybe I wouldn't be able or willing watch NHL ever again if Florida blew this series.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I was thinking itll be the most panther thing to lose game 7 in OT… but then I was like.. where not goong to get a sniff of OT

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Oh I agree. Kompon is the biggest loser ever. That being said Zito HAS to find us a real PPQB.

Why bother. Theyll never ger close like this again. This will be always remembered and in everyones minds with even the teams 20 years down the road. That magical 2024 Panthers who made history as biggest choke artist. Leafs aint anything compared to us

Reactions: Vilam

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
It would be so Panthers to win after losing 3 straight for maximum pain, but it would also be so Panthers to lose. I’m torn on which will actually happen.
You have to go back before the playoffs to get the full picture of this team. Overall great regular season but some disturbing losing streaks late in the schedule.

Stanley Cup Boundd

Sep 17, 2018
I think I’m better prepared for this than most. Grew up in NJ as a Red Sox fan(Mom’s a Ted Williams fan), NY Jets & NY Rangers fan in the 70’s, 80’s when all three were bad. There were glimmers of hope & then the inevitable heartbreak. Moved to South Florida in the late 80’s and watched the Panthers go from an expansion team to the SCF only to get swept, from there lousy ownership(s) hiring incompetent quick fix GM’s making questionable draft picks, free agent signings & coaching decisions. This is a franchise that I’m proud of. I’m living in Jax and I have my Florida Panthers golf bag out, wearing Panthers gear on the course proud and loud. We have a great core, some kids with potential coming up soon, a GM that takes other teams scraps & turn them into diamonds & solid ownership. We’re the envy of just about every NHL team & their fans. YES, I want this win Monday night but whatever happens I’ll always be a diehard Panthers fan, that’ll never change!

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
The entire Barkov captaincy they have started slow. They are choking this away. Either they win on Monday night and it was a hard faught series or this is the the biggest collapse in modern sports history. If they lose and Paul is not fired. You fire everyone of his assistants.
This failure is absolutely total meltdown in 3-0 stanley cup final series lead
so the consequences of this choke are must during the off-season.

But what those consequences should be? yes one is that someones
in coaching staff should lose their jobs but who if there will be coaching changes
would it be a time to bring in Jukka Jalonen to one assistant coach Jalonen knows
how to win championship titles so should Panthers consider him?.

Jalonen is available and he's looking coaching job in club-team coaching
and he has said that he's ready to be a assistant coach in NHL if there is chance on it.

Only players who's spot is ''safe'' are Barkov and Tkachuk
but if i was Zito i would be ready to listen trade offers to all players
who aren't named Barkov and Tkachuk but everyone-elses should be available
for a trade if right price comes available and now i'm talking about immidiate help not draft capital or so.

Biggest question is that what to do with Bob.
Bob is getting old and he cannot carry this team every single playoff series and game.
Bob's overpaid contract is basically untradeable without huge salary retainings etc so should
Bob getting bought-out or what and what to do with Spencer Knight if he cannot even play anymore.

So at least goaltending needs evaluation and also defense needs some changes too.
Next weekend is draft weekend and Panthers do not have much picks.

So what they should to do should they try to make some trades during the draft
and if they should who should be traded and what should be the return in a trade.

And what should be priorty in drafting?
should Panthers focus drafting defense or offense or goaltending or all positions.
Despite of losing in stanley cup finals once again i wish happy midsummer to all Panthers fans in this board.

Last edited:

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
You don't go up 3-0 and turn your brains off.. something happened in that room beyond adjustments... I don't get how they went from being able to make such great small plays.. work as a cohesive unit, dominate play at times. To now, fumbling every play.. they look drunk, scared and stupid.

Incredible

I will repeat myself, but they are just broken physically. Same thing happened last year. And I really fear a blowout loss to end it, like last year.

They’ve been less physical and are probably more healthy, so why is this happening you’d ask? I don’t know. But it happened.

PatchesOhoulihan

Apr 18, 2024
I think I’m better prepared for this than most. Grew up in NJ as a Red Sox fan(Mom’s a Ted Williams fan), NY Jets & NY Rangers fan in the 70’s, 80’s when all three were bad. There were glimmers of hope & then the inevitable heartbreak. Moved to South Florida in the late 80’s and watched the Panthers go from an expansion team to the SCF only to get swept, from there lousy ownership(s) hiring incompetent quick fix GM’s making questionable draft picks, free agent signings & coaching decisions. This is a franchise that I’m proud of. I’m living in Jax and I have my Florida Panthers golf bag out, wearing Panthers gear on the course proud and loud. We have a great core, some kids with potential coming up soon, a GM that takes other teams scraps & turn them into diamonds & solid ownership. We’re the envy of just about every NHL team & their fans. YES, I want this win Monday night but whatever happens I’ll always be a diehard Panthers fan, that’ll never change!
I think our prospect pool is actually one of the worse in the league now. Not that it means there’s no future. The future is supposed to be right now. But losing Monday will set this franchise back in a big way. Look at what happened to the Falcons after losing the SB.

I will repeat myself, but they are just broken physically. Same thing happened last year. And I really fear a blowout loss to end it, like last year.

They’ve been less physical and are probably more healthy, so why is this happening you’d ask? I don’t know. But it happened.
I see this too. We haven’t had a lead in forever. They will give up the first goal and it’ll be downhill from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad