Post-Game Talk: Lmao worst collapse in NHL history

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
3 straight games now where the Oilers dominated the entire 1st which led to the opening goal. I knew it was bad news within the first 5 minutes when the Oilers were already getting prime looks 60 seconds into the game.

I just don't see how Maurice puts a stop to the Oilers rush game in Game 7. His team is getting absolutely demolished on the rush right now. Tonights game wasn't even close. Maurice needs to have a completely different game plan for Monday. Just running it back and saying the guys will take care of it isn't going to work because it hasn't worked the last 3 games.

I predict Maurice just runs it back with the exact same lineup and game plan and they lose 4-1.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
1719032517636.png

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Man, this sucks.

Hard to be too mad though. McDavid putting up a Gretzky level run. Not much you can do.
It would be devastating for us Panthers fans. So close, two years in a row yet not be able to win the Cup. There's no way they would get back here next year, the odds of it are too slim, too much mileage on the team, especially with the style they play. It could be years before they get back to the Final, if ever, and it would be a very different group. For all the fans that have put up with so much garbage over the years, it would be so tough.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
They played extraordinarily stupid tonight and in Game 4. Game 5 could have been a winning performance, but was terribly reffed and they gave up an SHG.

We are losing this series because of special teams. Our PP is giving up SHGs and can't make any adjustments. At this point just dump the puck, get pucks and traffic to the net.

We have to generate offense and puck possession in the first period.

Stop looking for the perfect play, just make a good play. Skinner did 0 work tonight.

Only Barkov showed up. Just an absolutely gutless performance by everyone else.

Losing this series is a giant f*** you to Florida fans. Maurice, Bob, Reinhart, Montour, Bennett, and Vergheghe gotta go if we lose this series.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
Looks like we are seeing the same thing that happened last year against Vegas. The team has run out of gas and there’s not so much they can do. If they had to play 10 mores games against Edmonton, they’d probably lose them all.

At this point, we can only hope for a close game and avoid the blow out.

I know some of still have hopes, and why not? After all, we are only 1 win away from the cup. But It won’t happen.

It’s over.

There’s nothing they can do. It’s not about effort or about X’s and O’s. They’re just broke physically (and probably mentally).
What, like EDM is fresh and healthy?

I don't see Florida winning, the cup is already lost. Panthers have absolutely zero momentum or confidence going into Game 7.
Momentum between shifts exists. Momentum between games does not. The players will sleep at least 4 times before Monday night. They'll get a workout / physio session in and eat roughly nine meals. Any sort of adrenaline-based temporary mojo will not be a thing.

Line matches will be a thing, and PoMo gets 2nd change for all games played in Broward County. Making safe, simple plays with the puck will be a thing, and the team gets two days to reflect on how EDM has punished them for mistakes. Success in game 7 is about mistakes and about attention to detail, not about momentum.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
What, like EDM is fresh and healthy?

Momentum between shifts exists. Momentum between games does not. The players will sleep at least 4 times before Monday. They'll get a workout / physio session in and eat roughly nine meals. Any sort of adrenaline-based temporary mojo will not be a thing.

Line matches will be a thing, and PoMo gets 2nd change for all games played in Broward County. Making safe, simple plays with the puck will be a thing, and the team gets two days to reflect on how EDM has punished them for mistakes. If you want to glom onto ambiguous things like "pressure" and "momentum," the weight of all of Canada's hopes seems a lot heavier than blowing a series lead.

You better hope Maurice makes the entire team watch the tapes from the last 3 games. They should be spending an entire day watching them and breaking them down. The Oilers have completely adjusted their game since Game 4 and the Panthers have no answer. I would be more confident if these past 3 games were actually close but they have not. Oilers have won the last 3 games in dominant fashion.

I still want nothing more than to see Florida win on Monday but after what I've seen especially tonight, I can already see whats coming. The team has run out of gas and isnt playing Panthers hockey. Too many top 6 guys have been complete no shows this series. The bottom 6 is getting killed by the Oilers bottom 6. Watching the Panthers tonight get owned on puck battles in the 1st period made me so mad I couldnt even watch anymore.

Reactions: Vilam

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
I mean, this team can't even make simple passes, I'm not sure what more we can expect except more shitting of the bed. Maybe some poop thrown at a fan, but that's about it.

Reactions: Vilam

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
You better hope Maurice makes the entire team watch the tapes from the last 3 games. They should be spending an entire day watching them and breaking them down. The Oilers have completely adjusted their game since Game 4 and the Panthers have no answer. I would be more confident if these past 3 games were actually close but they have not. Oilers have won the last 3 games in dominant fashion.

I still want nothing more than to see Florida win on Monday but after what I've seen especially tonight, I can already see whats coming. The team has run out of gas and isnt playing Panthers hockey. Too many top 6 guys have been complete no shows this series. The bottom 6 is getting killed by the Oilers bottom 6. Watching the Panthers tonight get owned on puck battles in the 1st period made me so mad I couldnt even watch anymore.

Like you said, the team has just run out of gas. Just like last year.

So watching tapes won’t do much. It’s not about X’s and O’s anymore.

They’re done. It’s over.

Been a Panthers for almost 30 years and I won’t be watching them playing a game 7 in Stanley Cup final. Crazy, isn’t it?

Not gonna lie, I’ll keep an eye on the scoreboard. But I won’t be sitting in front of my TV when the puck drops 8:15.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
They gotta get back to working man’s hockey and just plug away at Edmonton physically and with shots all game on Monday. PoMo is tuned out at this point in the players minds, regardless of your thoughts on him it’s game 7 SCF the players are going to be running on instinct and each other. Getting the first goal has to be the biggest priority. I still have faith in your team, as someone that sat through the dark ages in Bank Atlantic days with a lot of you don’t lose hope your boys are right there. Go get that cup!

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I think they’re all mentally fractured right now. I honestly wouldn’t even mind starting stolarz. It’s certainly not all bob’s fault of anything but I think he’s reverted mentally into his first 3 yrs here version of himself with 0 confidence and a team in front that isn’t making it easier. Mcdavid broke the all time record for assists in a single run and Bouchard for points by a D or something? He’s going to go down as one of, if not the greatest, ever. Yet we’re going to win a game 7 with no momentum and fractured mentally? I may place my first bet ever if the oilers truly are under dogs in the odds. That’d be the easiest money ever. I just feel numb. I feel nothing at the moment.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
It may not be ideal.. but I think I would put okposo back in there for game 7.

I think he would give every last ounce he has left.. it's one game. It's his career. Id rather gamble with a guy that has nothingeft to lose. I want him in that room. I want him to speak.

The 4th line was fine tonight, as it has been for msot of the series. Guys like Tkachuk and Verhaeghe need to, I don't know, maybe show up and play?

Reactions: BabyBennettov

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

You could say the exact same thing for the Oilers, after game 3. I mean the Panthers could just show up and play great and win game 7. Would suck for Oilers, but that's what the Panthers bought with a 3-0 lead.

Reactions: HughG

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
At this rate.. if we win on Monday.. won't it have to be just luck

I think the Panthers have played well at home in all three games, mostly. Even in game 5, I thought they played decently for most of it. The difference was that awful shorty and Bob letting in a real stinker.

They could come out and play a good game and win. But they don't look like they have it in them right now.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Lets face it, the Oilers have been the better team this series. They deserve it more than us at this stage.

The last three games have been really bad. Scared to make a mistake. Too tentative. All the players confidence drained. Every time the Oilers go on the rush I expect them to score. Every time we have the puck it seems like an almighty struggle to do anything.

McDavid wasn't on the scoresheet and we didn't concede a shorthanded goal. But we still got our arses kicked!

We could still win on Monday, but the smart money has to be on the Oilers. They have the momentum and look the far better team.

I said earlier in this playoffs that special teams could kill us. The PP is atrocious. I don't think we would score a 5 on 3, or on a 5 minute major at this point, it's been that bad. Infuriating.

I will watch on Monday, but I'm not looking forward to it. Especially as most people here are cheering for Edmonton.

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
2 back to back SCFs and now y'all wanna quit fandom? Most of you survived the dark ages of this club, you can survive this.

Would be a shame to lose posters over this, but also, do what you gotta do for yourselves.

This is definitely the worst and most pathetic thing I've ever seen from this franchise, and I remember Kodak Black having sex in front of 16,000 people at a home game.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I guess I can't leave yet until it's over over.

I guess a silver lining is we lost 1 home game during this process. And that 1 home game we looked pretty decent except for 2 events. A horrid turnover and a Bob was just bad.

Right now, you know the team reminds me of how they looked post trade deadline pre playoffs. Like they were coasting and just resting until they needed to "go."

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I hope we change the Lines. It's PoMo I doubt he will but I'm hoping

Rodrigues Barkov Tkachuk
Verhaeghe Bennett Tarasenko
Luostarinen Lundell Reinhart
Lomberg Stenlund Lorentz (he's looked the best out of the 3 remaining)

I'd like the 3rd line to line match against McDavid, Bennett against Drai, and let Barkov and Tkachuk go after their bottom 6..i feel like that's our only chance.

And yes, its time to release the chains. It's time for Bruno hockey

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad