Post-Game Talk: Lmao worst collapse in NHL history

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I will repeat myself, but they are just broken physically. Same thing happened last year. And I really fear a blowout loss to end it, like last year.

They’ve been less physical and are probably more healthy, so why is this happening you’d ask? I don’t know. But it happened.

I think they’re tired. 2 years in a row of this style and I’d bet they’re not as healthy as we’d think. There’s no other explanation for why we’d suddenly drop the ball this bad.

F86puck

Feb 20, 2020
Stop the whining, it's sad and I think most don't even mean it because we all know anyone can win the next game. The reason it's hard to come back from 0-3 is because it's hard to win 4 in a row. Panthers earned the ability to still be in this despite losing 3 in a row. Why? Because they first won 3 in a row. Yes it's mentally tough to lose 3, but this isn't a tennis match coming back from 2 sets down and mentally recovering within minutes. You have days to recover after each loss. One game to win the Stanley Cup.

I was in Chicago when the Blackhawks came back from 0-3 vs Vancouver in 2011 to tie it 3 games to 3, and everyone thought Chicago would finish the deed. Game 7 was in Vancouver. Went to OT. And Alexandre Burrows made everyone in Vancouver forget about losing 3 in a row. Didn't matter that they "almost" blew it.

I would love to see FL pull it off in OT. OT has only happened 3 times in game 7 in the finals, and not since 1954. Eisenhower was President LOL. Pete Babando (1950), Tony Leswick (1954), and.....Aleksander Barkov 2024? Tkachuck? Heck, it could be Cousins for all I care.

Panthersfan1989

Feb 24, 2013
S. Florida
I think they’re tired. 2 years in a row of this style and I’d bet they’re not as healthy as we’d think. There’s no other explanation for why we’d suddenly drop the ball this bad.
Listen man. I understand people keep saying this and I just don’t f***ing believe it. What I do believe is that these guys are not mentally strong enough at least to this point to win. Nothing major happened after they went up 3-0. What did happen was is they got all excited and thought they would close this out as a sweep. Took their foot off the pedal and have not recovered. They got their ass beat 8-1 and though oh well we have another shot we will get them next game. Come out game 5 with the same dog shit effort. same result. oh don't worry boys " we are such a even headed team we got this" then they come out game 6 and get 4 shots on goal for an entire period. YOU CAN NOT WIN A f***ING GAME doing this type of shit. they are not matching the intensity. HE has also made 0 adjustments in his game. NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING. oh COOL OEL is on the PP.

Last edited:

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Pretty hard to believe. My only thought is maybe got used to relying on Bob too much.

Dunno.

Welp even series now.

Reactions: HughG

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Look guys, can’t lie about this series. The truth is we got a bit lucky to go up 3-0. After that Oilers have earned the next 3 games. Overall, I can’t complain about the opportunity to try to win game 7 on home ice. When playoffs started everybody here would have taken it.

If the Oilers win it, I hope at least it isn’t because of a missed or made call, or because one of their guys took out Barky or Benny.

Game 5 we had Chucky going. Game 6 we had Barky. If we get them both and Bob somewhat back to Bob, we can win the Cup. Believe!

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Not sure why everyone is so puzzled here.

It's really simple.

The Oilers can only score against us on the rush (and on special teams).

During games 1-3 we made them pay for all of their mistakes. They cleaned them up and have given us way less space.

During games 4-6 they have made us pay every time one of our dmen makes an aggressive pinch. It doesn't matter who we have in net when all of their goals are 2 on 1s. They just cross crease it like in NHL games and it goes in.

This is made considerably worse because most of our forwards just have zero intensity during puck battles.

Dump puck> lose puck battle > dman makes a bad pinch (Ekblad falls over)> Oilers score on the rush.

Stop pinching and TAKE AWAY THE RUSH

Anyway, we are totally cooked. Credit to the Oilers

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
Stop the whining, it's sad and I think most don't even mean it because we all know anyone can win the next game. The reason it's hard to come back from 0-3 is because it's hard to win 4 in a row. Panthers earned the ability to still be in this despite losing 3 in a row. Why? Because they first won 3 in a row. Yes it's mentally tough to lose 3, but this isn't a tennis match coming back from 2 sets down and mentally recovering within minutes. You have days to recover after each loss. One game to win the Stanley Cup.

I was in Chicago when the Blackhawks came back from 0-3 vs Vancouver in 2011 to tie it 3 games to 3, and everyone thought Chicago would finish the deed. Game 7 was in Vancouver. Went to OT. And Alexandre Burrows made everyone in Vancouver forget about losing 3 in a row. Didn't matter that they "almost" blew it.

I would love to see FL pull it off in OT. OT has only happened 3 times in game 7 in the finals, and not since 1954. Eisenhower was President LOL. Pete Babando (1950), Tony Leswick (1954), and.....Aleksander Barkov 2024? Tkachuck? Heck, it could be Cousins for all I care.
That only applies if this were a coin toss.

It isn't. Look at the body language.

-edit-

Also, it has been "one game to win" three games now.

HughG

Jun 4, 2023

I actually had a legit dream about a week or so ago that Ekblad would get the winner in the final game. Not in OT though. I hope its Barky.

Filing a class action lawsuit against the team for damages done to mental health. Get in on it
It is my liver I'm concerned about.

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
Can we lose game 7 in OT just to make it a little more painful

I dont believe it. Not every god damn player can be tired and injured. They all look like shit

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
By the way, I just find it wrong to call being up 3-0 and then going to 3-3, and maybe losing 3-4, “the worst collapse in history”. What if Edmonton loses? What do you call that? The worst collapse? The worst opportunity lost?

Our 4-0 and 4-1 finals losses were worse collapses than this series.

It’s like when people own stock and there’s a stock crash and all the headlines are about how much wealth was lost. That’s bullshit - you don't have the wealth until you sell the stock. Just the same, you don’t have the cup until you get win 4.

wampa13jku

I'm one of those 6 FLA fans.
Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL
Looks like the issue is Barkov and Bennett are injured, they drive this team.
Barkov always seem to “play injured” when it really matters, been the excuse for like 4 seasons going to the playoffs now and tbh is getting old. If that the case then f*** that, this is the cup so they need to strap on their big boy pants and play with no head if it comes to that.

Barkov “doesn't look like himself cause he is hurt” a tale as old as Ekblad f***ing up a leg during the season etc, the long list of Panthers excuses to avoid being relevant.

Last edited:

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Regardless of what happens in this series, Zito needs to go out and get some speed next season. We are slow as f***.

B
Barkov always seem to “play injured” when it really matters, been the excuse for like 4 seasons going to the playoffs now and tbh is getting old. if that the case then f*** that, this is the cup so they need to strap on their big boy pants and play with no head if it comes to that.

Barkov “doesn't look like himself cause he is hurt” a tale as old as Ekblad f***ing up a leg during the season etc, the long list of Panthers excuses to avoid being relevant.
Barkov has been our best player this playoffs. He’s not the problem.

wampa13jku

I'm one of those 6 FLA fans.
Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL
Regardless of what happens in this series, Zito needs to go out and get some speed next season. We are slow as f***.

B

Barkov has been our best player this playoffs. He’s not the problem.
Oh i know, this is not a shot at Barkov, im putting that out there for the excuses i read around every time the team drops the ball. Barkov is fine, this is beyond him being hurt. I just hate that being an excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad