Post-Game Talk: Lmao worst collapse in NHL history

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beezers Mask

Oct 5, 2021
Reinhart: terrible. Swaggy: worst player this series, Tkachuk: One good game. Bennett: not noticeable. Barkov: dominant for 4 games, unnoticeable for 2. Rodrigues: played well above his head. This right here is why we are losing.
Not to mention Ekblad and Montour suck, and Forsling absolutely fell off a cliff after game 4. Us trying to make OEL the savior on the blue line is a total recipe for disaster.

HughG

Jun 4, 2023
Looks like the issue is Barkov and Bennett are injured, they drive this team.
Bennett is for sure a step slower and listless out there. One goal given up due to this. Barkov is willing it. I hope Benny can find a way. If they lose this is what will sting the most for me-those two pure GOON knee and elbow hits completely waved off by the refs/league.

Reactions: harv33173

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Lots of psychiatrists unless you know the team doctor it’s just silly speculation.

The fact is we are not built to come back from behind it’s happens but it’s not our MO.
We are getting caught with too many defenseman in our zone and the speed of the Oilers are built to get on breakaways.
Our offensive is out of sync and Po Mo has to work on this quickly or it’s just going to be rinse and repeat.

HughG

Jun 4, 2023
Not to mention Ekblad and Montour suck, and Forsling absolutely fell off a cliff after game 4. Us trying to make OEL the savior on the blue line is a total recipe for disaster.
I don't know. I think OEL has a calming effect. Forsling is feeling the pressure more than anyone on the team it seems, but can you blame him? Maybe Bob can save them.

Forsling can’t cover for Ekblad. It’s too much. I know people want to say Ekblad has been fine but he is god awful.
Ekblad can't skate anymore. Forsling is overwhelmed. Bob watches the shitshow coming towards him.

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
I think we goofed up a chance at starting stolarz last game. Hes good enough to win a playoff game and it could've also jolted the team with some energy. It would also have the added benefit of shaking bob awake should we lose game 6, and add a whole new dynamic to game 7. Feels awful going out this way. Feels even worse the coaching did nothing to try to avoid it

Beezers Mask

Oct 5, 2021
Forsling can’t cover for Ekblad. It’s too much. I know people want to say Ekblad has been fine but he is god awful.
We agree that Ekblad blows. But Forsling uncharacteristically has been failing at his assignments. If that’s because he is trying to cover for Ekblad then he needs to just control what he can and try to let Bob sort out the one guy Ekblad missed instead of missing both his and Ekblads assignment.

Beezers Mask

Oct 5, 2021
The 4th line should see almost no time in game 7. And Maurice seriously needs to quit sending them out there after TV timeouts. That shit infuriates me to no end. Send one of your top 3 lines out there after a TV timeout. No reason for the 4th line to get that shift.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
We agree that Ekblad blows. But Forsling uncharacteristically has been failing at his assignments. If that’s because he is trying to cover for Ekblad then he needs to just control what he can and try to let Bob sort out the one guy Ekblad missed instead of missing both his and Ekblads assignment.
I think a huge issue for Forsling is the Oilers are coming with so much speed. They’re just as fast as him and trying to cover Ekblad falling at center ice for no reason f***s up everything.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Let's see what happens Monday. Maybe what this team really does need is a group trip to Tootsies.

Is that place still there? Stopped by many years ago with some friends on our way back from visiting a friend at FIU. I'm not much of a strip club guy, but college age and alcohol can change things. I do recall the women being beautiful, so good for the Panthers lol.

Otherwise wasn't here trolling, was reading the comments to get a read on what fans are seeing/thinking. I'm actually rooting hard for the Panthers. I will always hate the Oilers for stopping the Isles from winning 5 in a row. I also find it funny to stop the Cup from "going home" and a Canadian team winning, even better it's a team in Florida.

Won't be clogging up your guys thread being an outsider, but really want you guys to win Monday and hoping the team from the first 3 games shows up again. I like seeing guys like Barkov and Ekblad, who've been with a team they started with so long, being rewarded for that. I also enjoy seeing fans in markets that people up north hate succeed.

Good luck and go Panthers!

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
As much as ppl want to conjecture about the next lineup combination that'll finally unlock this team and get them back on track, the bottom line is that there's no magically line combo that'll make these guys playing like their lives are at stake. imo they've collectively allowed this to happen because it's not just one or two dudes that are failing to deliver but it's the entire team.

It's funny that the upcoming, one game will decide whether this group of players, coaching staff, maybe even Zito will be remembered as a bunch of losers or winners.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
This was the turning point. They should’ve killed Draisaitl for that. Instead they let him skate around for fear of getting a penalty. That’s on Maurice.
Absolutely true that we should have made Craisaitl pay. In fact, game plan for game 6 should have been to take out their top guy(s).

But Barkov has been dominant. It’s the supporting cast who’s not, with very few exceptions.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Anyone getting any hesitation to sign Reinhart? I like the guy but he is slow as f*** and has been getting bullied on the boards.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
I think we goofed up a chance at starting stolarz last game. Hes good enough to win a playoff game and it could've also jolted the team with some energy. It would also have the added benefit of shaking bob awake should we lose game 6, and add a whole new dynamic to game 7. Feels awful going out this way. Feels even worse the coaching did nothing to try to avoid it
Idk, man.

The oilers are scoring the same goal on repeat. They're not beating Bob on cheap goals. They're getting odd man rushes and scoring on empty nets. We could have prime Hasek and still lose.

The team needs to adjust.

They were dominant in the 3rd period of Game 5. Still dumbfounded how they came out so flat yet again last night and didn't carry over their game from the 3rd period of Game 5. Last night was an embarrassment.
I mean, the Oilers are getting leads and sitting on them. It's easy to look good when the other team has enough goals.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
you and I finally agree on something HAHA. cheers man!
IMG_7606.png

You have to think the idea of being forever known as The Team That Choked is enough to light a fire under their asses. I don't see them rolling over whatsoever on Monday.
It’ll remind Ekblad of the time he almost choked in the hot dog eating contest.

Reactions: Panthersfan1989
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad