Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Don't know if it is Hoven writing it or not, but I loved in the draft article how it says something about the Kings "making hay" with 7th round picks while noting Roy (Lombardi pick) and then Lee and Jamsen who have not played one f***ing minute in the NHL.

The Kings made hay in the 7th round under DL with Nolan/Dowd/Roy. Blake hasn't done anything with a 7th rounder yet at the NHL level.
Yeah but it is the same guy doing the drafting. The GM’s tend to make the 1st round selection decisions (particularly top 10) then after that it’s all Yanetti with the GM dictating the type of team they are trying to build. So Blake has most likely made the same number of 7th round picks as DL which is probably zero.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Yeah but it is the same guy doing the drafting. The GM’s tend to make the 1st round selection decisions (particularly top 10) then after that it’s all Yanetti with the GM dictating the type of team they are trying to build. So Blake has most likely made the same number of 7th round picks as DL which is probably zero.
No thanks. If it is Yannetti doing the drafting, then why are we giving the GM shit for his draft history? Forget fire Blake...we should be clamoring for Yannetti to be fired as well.

Futa was still here for the actual 7th round draft pick success stories as well.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Somehow the two best pieces of news since the end of the season have been our 2nd pairing anchor walking for nothing and our marquee acquisition highest paid forward being traded for one of the worst goalie contracts in the league lol.
Are Campbell & Cal still considered "in the league"?
Just curious.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
No thanks. If it is Yannetti doing the drafting, then why are we giving the GM shit for his draft history? Forget fire Blake...we should be clamoring for Yannetti to be fired as well.

Futa was still here for the actual 7th round draft pick success stories as well.
Crap development of said picks.

Edit: Also the discussion that Yannetti didn’t want Turcotte.

Some do want Yannetti gone. Personally I think he’s fine but development and deployment are the bigger issue. Also euro guys like Bjornfot coming over too early. The mistakes post draft aren’t on Yannetti.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Crap development of said picks.

Edit: Also the discussion that Yannetti didn’t want Turcotte.

Some do want Yannetti gone. Personally I think he’s fine but development and deployment are the bigger issue. Also euro guys like Bjornfot coming over too early. The mistakes post draft aren’t on Yannetti.

Disagree with Euro coming over to early issue, if you listen to Yanetti talk, it's all individualized, and it's all about if the player is ready, he talked about guys coming over, guys leaving school, saying the team doesn't have much input on either if that's what the player really wants to do, all the team can do is support them etc....

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
I think the trade for Burroughs stamps Roy's passport out of town, just terrible asset management again by this front office.
A
I think the trade for Burroughs stamps Roy's passport out of town, just terrible asset management again by this front office.
Agreed, management continues to fail at looking at objectively or maybe they dont know what they are doing and are playing it ear making decisions as they go.

Reactions: LAKings88

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Blake should have figured this shit out months ago so we could have gotten a 1st for him at the deadline. This isn't rocket science.

Blake's Petersen contract, PLD trade and signing, and asset management are beyond fireable.
I’m still scratching my head about signing the Ducks coach too. Blake sucks.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Kings need to re-sign Byfield and Spence.

Then they need to sign two goalie scorers and one 4th line gritty player. Once they do that, the money is gone. They will upgrade the D at the deadline or next summer when Englund and Gavrikov walk.

Kempe-Kopitar-Laffy
Moore-Danault-UFA
Fiala-Byfield-UFA
UFA-Turcotte-Thomas

Doughty-Anderson
Clarke-Gavrikov
Englund-Spence
Burroughs

Reactions: FSL KINGS

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
I'm not convinced we add another D with the addition of Burroughs.

We have 22 million to sign Byfield, Spence, and maybe 1-2 forwards.
Hope that's not it as our need is Ld plus 2 forwards. I just hope Blake is not delusional and thinks Borroughs is Roy's replacement and trades Spence, but nothing surprises me with this management group anymore

Reactions: Surf Nutz

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Kings need to re-sign Byfield and Spence.

Then they need to sign two goalie scorers and one 4th line gritty player. Once they do that, the money is gone. They will upgrade the D at the deadline or next summer when Englund and Gavrikov walk.

Kempe-Kopitar-Laffy
Moore-Danault-UFA
Fiala-Byfield-UFA
UFA-Turcotte-Thomas

Doughty-Anderson
Clarke-Gavrikov
Englund-Spence
Burroughs
Laff isn't a 1st line player imo. Blake needs another scorer with Kopitar and Kempe. Thomas could possibly play with Byfield and Fiala.Lee can play fourth line minutes. Blake needs to upgrade first line and a LHD for the 2nd or 1st pairing. Laff could play with Moore and Danault. Deadline deal is where the holes can be filled.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad