Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
They can refuse to waive for 1 year, not indefinitely. Now the next question is why would Marner want to play for a team that doesn't want him and there's a strong possibility the fans will be hostile?

I don't think the above applies to Tavares, as he knows he's other done here after this season or he'll have to sign for a whole lot less.

marner and Tavares can waive until they are free agents.

You think a god cares what mortals think?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Being a playoff rookie is largely immaterial imo. Doesn’t really have any bearing on how the player will help there.

I’m not strongly advocating for Skinner by any means BUT if the price is right (cheap) he adds speed and goalscoring ability

Not a fan.

Reactions: LeafSteel

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
One team wins the Cup, all the other teams are losers.

Leafs sign players every year, guess none of them want to win either?

:sarcasm:
There's a difference between "signing on a team that will make the playoffs and could go on a run if they got hot at the right time" and "signing on a team that just traded half their defense, their #1 goalie and a top 6 forward and are staring at a complete rebuild from the ground up".

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
He had a slow and not very good start to the season but once he settled in he was very good.
The range was more horrible to acceptable, and that's pretty much who Domi is. Inconsistent offensively, and consistently problematic in every other way (especially in defensive play and discipline); making him hard to trust and fit in a lineup. The unsustainable 20 game hot stretch driven by Matthews to end the regular season should not be what we are making our Domi decision on, and given his historical inconsistency and limitations, it's understandable that people have hesitations in giving him term and a raise.

Reactions: Kazparov

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Then sign someone else lol

Its not hard. He's not that good.

I didn't say "will". I said "should". 4 million is a fair price for Domi. As asked, what do you think these other 50 point guys going to get?

Dakorta Joshua just signed for 3.25, and he put up a career high of 32 points as a 27 year-old last year.

Reactions: Smif

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Agreed, you don’t automatically get a raise just because you played for the Leafs last year, enough with this BS
half a mil per is a good raise in my world, but no movement clause given, that has to be stressed.........

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
There are some really garbage takes on Domi in this thread.

He had a slow and not very good start to the season but once he settled in he was very good.

Still produced nearly 50 points despite a notable reduction in both even strength and powerplay ice time from the previous season where he scored 20 and got 56 points.

Fit well with Matthews as well when called upon. 4X4M is reasonable but here is hoping we can get more like 3.5M
Garbage? What part of can't score a goal and is horrible defensively is incorrect?

There's a reason he's bounced around the league, unfortunately people believe the bull**** there feed about how much he loves the team and lose all objectivity about what he is

Reactions: Evilhomer

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Yea, I keep coming here... expecting something... anything even.

Appreciate they are in on things, but if you are not getting things done, we have a problem.

I don't even know what I want really, change I guess, but I can surely assume what I would like to see will never come to fruition.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad