Post-Game Talk: Lightning @ Leafs | No guts, no heart, no playoffs ?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Espher

Nov 22, 2008
Fredericton, N.B.
...Habs fan coming in peace, amigos...I just wanted to know how many actually blame Reimer for that loss, because I thought he played well in Detroit last night and played well again tonite...that first one was a fluke that anyone coulda let in (and have), just a bad screen bad timing fluke, and the rest were lackluster defensive plays where Reimer was hung out to dry...ya gotta feel for the kid, ya really do...

Look what you ****ing people have done.

You've made me agree with a Habs fan.

Milan90

Jul 8, 2009
Etobicoke, Ontario
We played better than Tampa tonight. They had more PP opportunities, they had a non call interference get their last goal, and when we ****ed up, we really ****ed up.

goonx

Nov 7, 2010
Reimer seems to play well when the pressure is off.. As soon as something is on the line or it becomes an important game, he ***** the bed. If he has a chance to think about it, he's done. The fact that he knows the team is relying on him now and there is no Bernier to save him, he is freezing.

Reimer has an issue of stopping the bleeding. He can have a stretch of good games and then a stretch of bad games.

He is part of the collapse ever year. One bad game leads to the next and then the next.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
...Habs fan coming in peace, amigos...I just wanted to know how many actually blame Reimer for that loss, because I thought he played well in Detroit last night and played well again tonite...that first one was a fluke that anyone coulda let in (and have), just a bad screen bad timing fluke, and the rest were lackluster defensive plays where Reimer was hung out to dry...ya gotta feel for the kid, ya really do...

Don't patronize us, sitting pretty with ****ing Price in net.

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga
Here's what the rest of our schedule looks like... We might just squeak in hopefully.

CANADIENS MAPLE LEAFS W

DEVILS MAPLE LEAFS W

BLUES MAPLE LEAFS L

MAPLE LEAFS FLYERS L

RED WINGS MAPLE LEAFS W

FLAMES MAPLE LEAFS W

BRUINS MAPLE LEAFS L

JETS MAPLE LEAFS W

MAPLE LEAFS LIGHTNING OTL

MAPLE LEAFS PANTHERS W

MAPLE LEAFS SENATORS W

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
You can't win anything if your goalie lets up a goal on the 1st shot and 1st minute of the game :shakehead

I'm pretty sure you can. The team tied and then took the lead after that goal. That goal you're singling out didn't sink them.

Either this team doesn't have confidence in Reimer or Bernier is just far superior to covering the flaws of this team. It's a circular argument really because either way, you end up with the same conclusion, Bernier is the guy we need. Feel really bad for Reimer though. It's been a really tough season for him.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
lol Reimer really stuck it to Carlyle with an excellent performance.

"Just OK"?!?! I'll show him!

Reimer, please, just pack your bags and go home to Winnipeg. Just walk it back home.

at the end of the day. yeup.
yeup. yeup. yeup.

Please note - I'm not saying anything on Reimer, I'm just stating fact

Fact: Once you call out your team - You no longer have a leg to stand on. You have to play better. the end. Reimer calls out the Leafs in December after the Florida game, comes out, lets in a BRUTAL wraparound goal, a BRUTAL shorthanded goal and and the shootout saved his butt.

Fact: You do not come out after your coach says "he was 'just okay'" and say "I thought i was good." and then come out tonight and on the FIRST SHOT ON NET let in a BRUTAL GOAL. you don't. the end. You come out and play freaking AMAZING. Once again - he's not THE reason why we lost. [helloooo defense], but are you seriously going to sit there and say when that first shot on net went in, the Leafs weren't like big siiiiiiiiiigh, here we go again.

Milan90

Jul 8, 2009
Etobicoke, Ontario
I don't understand how you can say someone played "well" when the only saves made were routine ones. None of the goals except the first were his fault per se but he certainly did nothing to bail is out.

If your save percentage is sub 900 (probably sub 850) and you allow 5, you did not play well.

You can argue that he didn't lose us the game, but you can't argue that he had anything close to a good game.

I think everyone gets lost in this "don't blame a goalie for breakaways, etc." narrative but this is why they're hired. If we needed someone to only make routine saves and not be held accountable for tough goals against, we could dress Gunnarsson in net, and he'll have "good" games too.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
I don't understand how you can say someone played "well" when the only saves made were routine ones. None of the goals were his fault per se but he certainly did nothing to bail is out.

If your save percentage is sub 900 (probably sub 850) and you allow 5, you did not play well.

You can argue that he didn't lose us the game, but you can't argue that he had anything close to a good game.

I think everyone gets lost in this "don't blame a goalie for breakaways, etc." narrative but this is why they're hired. If we needed someone to only make routine saves and not be held accountable for tough goals against, we could dress Gunnarsson in net, and he'll have "good" games too.
That pretty well sums it up. Reimer just isn't "good enough"

Goodwith Sticks

May 11, 2004
Vancouver
As much as there was a screen up high on the first goal, most NHL goalies can react to that shot - it's not screaming towards the net. Reimer is a great team guy but the plain facts are he's not a #1 and Bernier has taken the spot. And you look at the 3rd goal - as much as it's fair to say the D was sleepwalking there - classic Reimer puck bouncing out as a juicy rebound

Bernier's in net this is a 3-3 game in the 3rd. The no-call on Johnson sucked but that's not going to get called. The holding call on JVR though was ridiculous. Is it routine for refs who are on the far side of the play to call a penalty by default anytime a limb of the defending player disappears from sight. Fkn awful, not any type of penalty at all. NHL officiating seems to be poor night in and out every game.

Dion admiring Stamkos right outside the crease :shakehead

Vinsanity89

Feb 2, 2014
I don't understand how you can say someone played "well" when the only saves made were routine ones. None of the goals except the first were his fault per se but he certainly did nothing to bail is out.

Most reasonable post in the Reimer debate yet.

Elimanator

The Future
Oct 6, 2013
Middle of the ocean
On the positive side we've outshot our opponents 2 games in a row
This is the only pausitive other than Gardinar entering beast mode.

On the negative side apparently we have to get outshot badly to win. and this and that and I could probably going on all night about the negatives

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

...respectfully disagree with your assessment; example, Habs beat the Sens a few weeks ago in OT where Carey Price allowed 4 and played maybe the best game he's ever played...Reimer made a few really tough saves both last night and tonite and gave the Leafs a chance to come out with W's if they could have tightened up the D coverage...you cannot expect Superhuman goaltending every night...

...and note to Rare Jewel, I'm not here to give pity, I enjoy hockey and enjoy discussing hockey with other hockey fans...being a Habs fan doesn't mean I can't have a rational and enjoyable hockey discussion with other fans of other teams...we're not in the 50's anymore...

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Can't stomach this team anymore. I thought for sure they were going to bring it tonight, but the same problems murdered them again. No heart, no passion, the team is garbage without good goaltending.

This was the MOST important back-to-back sequence of the season, and they lost BOTH games in regulation! BOTH FOR GOD'S SAKES!!!!

Just a pathetic display after Ranger got injured too, they choked away the rest of the period and the game. I can't defend this effort anymore.

11 games left, need to go 6-5, we play Montreal, Tampa, Bruins, Flyers, Red Wings, Blues, and the Lightning again. Bernier please come back. Not even Daisy can turn this one into a positive.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
...respectfully disagree with your assessment; example, Habs beat the Sens a few weeks ago in OT where Carey Price allowed 4 and played maybe the best game he's ever played...Reimer made a few really tough saves both last night and tonite and gave the Leafs a chance to come out with W's if they could have tightened up the D coverage...you cannot expect Superhuman goaltending every night...
Expect? We demand it.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto

Goal or no goal, that's now what Reimer looks like when he's on his game. He played better in Detroit. With that said, people unfairly put Reimer down because they're comparing our two goalies. Bernier plays behind the exact same team and he has superior numbers while shouldering more of the workload this season. It's not a reason for people to put Reimer down as much as they do but Bernier being the better goalie and managing results where Reimer isn't able to seems to be how many justify the hard criticisms against Reimer.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Also here's the fan.

BjImvljIIAEqKO5.jpg

Putting in a good effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad