Post-Game Talk: Lightning @ Leafs | No guts, no heart, no playoffs ?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
AYefX7S.gif

Oh my God, I love this :laugh:

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
50% of shots on Reimer end with him on his stomach
Never have seen a goalie who during the mad scrambles he is normally responsible for ends up facing the end boards as much. To say he has an unconventional goaltending style is putting it mildly.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I love watching this team because they are so inept that every game is an adventure.

Captain is probably the slowest thinking player on the team and fits a Burke's team to a tee.

Burke lucked out that someone else had already drafted Getzlaf and Perry. Mr Overrated ... Burke.

I finally understand why Dion Phaneuf won those overrated polls...he's a top pairing D playing above his level.

Our team lacks a true #1D. Phaneuf just isn't the guy you want out there when the game is on the line.

7M for Phaneuf...5.25M for Clarkson 5.25M for Lupul. This team loves giving out security and $$ to players who don't deserve it.

Milan90

Jul 8, 2009
Etobicoke, Ontario
...respectfully disagree with your assessment; example, Habs beat the Sens a few weeks ago in OT where Carey Price allowed 4 and played maybe the best game he's ever played...Reimer made a few really tough saves both last night and tonite and gave the Leafs a chance to come out with W's if they could have tightened up the D coverage...you cannot expect Superhuman goaltending every night...

...and note to Rare Jewel, I'm not here to give pity, I enjoy hockey and enjoy discussing hockey with other hockey fans...being a Habs fan doesn't mean I can't have a rational and enjoyable hockey discussion with other fans of other teams...we're not in the 50's anymore...

I suppose there is always an exception. I didn't see that game so I can't comment.

I'm not expecting superhuman. I'm expecting that at least some fraction of mistakes don't end up in the back of the net.

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
This is not the team for a goalie who's lost his confidence to play in front of. "Guard Stamkos, who me?"
Randy sure is a master, though, at instilling confidence in his players. "Since everybody is piling on him right now, maybe it would help him if I join the pile."
Nonis should just roll a timbit over a cliff and let him chase it.

This made my LOL pretty hard. :laugh:

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
I bet the Kadri gif. is from the other night when they called back his soccer goal.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
This is an emergency. Someone call da doctor now! The leafs are in shambles and bleeding. A doctor is needed immediately. Kevlar stitches are preferred.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
This is an emergency. Someone call da doctor now! The leafs are in shambles and bleeding. A doctor is needed immediately. Kevlar stitches are preferred.

We may need a defibrillator. No heart let alone pulse on this team.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Once Bolland comes back we'll be fine....

Doubt he comes back this season.

He has been cleared since the Olympic Break... just doesn't want to play, which is ******** because we could use him right now

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
...Habs fan coming in peace, amigos...I just wanted to know how many actually blame Reimer for that loss, because I thought he played well in Detroit last night and played well again tonite...that first one was a fluke that anyone coulda let in (and have), just a bad screen bad timing fluke, and the rest were lackluster defensive plays where Reimer was hung out to dry...ya gotta feel for the kid, ya really do...

Get out. We have enough apologists here for Reimer and Clarkson.

Both are huge disappointments, obviously more Clarkson than the other but still disappointments. Sucked the life out of our team tonight with that first goal, his piss poor rebound control is never going to get fixed. I would trade him for Budaj right now, I would even add to get him.

Reimer had a statement to make tonight to the coach who he obviously doesn't get along with and he made one. Not the one he intended but a statement nonetheless. He had a chance to win favor with the team as well as his coach tonight. ******** the bed 1 minute into the game completely lost any respect Carlyle had for him and let down the team in a big way. He was playing on the goal line, like usual. Done with him. Start McIntyre next game why not give him a shot?

leafstilldeath*

"It would take a massive choke for this team to make the playoffs."

#neverforget

What? If they choke and make the playoffs Leafs will enter the Guinness book of world record for being the ONLY sports club to choke and make the post season lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad