Post-Game Talk: Lightning @ Leafs | No guts, no heart, no playoffs ?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
Too much Reimer hate here.

I hope he has a successful career to where ever he gets traded too.

Winnipeg is my bet, west team, home town, they need a goalie, too perfect.

Pretty much, and the fact that he came in this year after the terrific season he had last year and now he's basically the #2? That's being ****ed around. He's going to go to some team in the offseason and he'll be a solid goalie for them, deservedly so.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The only people ******** on Reimer more than the fans are his teammates. This is what happens when our goalies don't steal the game.

Don't know why he was so deep in his net on the first goal but it's tough to blame him for the rest.

Sick of Carlyle. Bring back Pat Quinn. He would absolutely love this team.

I'm down, I'm not sure how'd it work out, but I love me some Pat Quinn

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
I hate watching hockey on NBC. All they do is jabber on about the hometowns and colleges of every American player on both teams.

*3rd line scrub takes shot, gets deflected up into the screen*

Doc Emerick: "(insert American player name here) out of (insert American city here)".

Pierre McGuire: "He went to (insert American college here). Blah blah blah."

I get that they're marketing toward American audiences first, but seriously, ****.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I hate watching hockey on NBC. All they do is jabber on about the hometowns and colleges of every American player on both teams.

*3rd line scrub takes shot, gets deflected up into the screen*

Doc Emerick: "(insert American player name here) out of (insert American city here)".

Pierre McGuire: "He went to (insert American college here). Blah blah blah."

I get that they're marketing toward American audiences first, but seriously, ****.

Colleges and College sports are a massive part of American culture. It sounds weird, but it's true

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Need Nonis in the passenger seat. Maybe Burke standing on the cliff, waving goodbye, laughing.

1395240904768.jpg

likeabosski

Jul 31, 2013
If you adjust for games played (using point percentage), the Leafs are only 1.7 points clear of the 9th seed (Detroit). Not long ago the Leafs were more than 4 points clear of the #9 seed. The Leafs could easily miss the playoffs.

Hanta Yo

Bag it up
Jan 28, 2009
Toronto
I never saw the game so I was only able to see the Ranger hit from youtube, but once again, Gleason is the only one willing to do anything immediately afterwards. I don't know how they responded after the hit, but I would have hoped for a stronger reaction to a reckless hit. Shame too considering Ranger really turned a corner with his play lately.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I never saw the game so I was only able to see the Ranger hit from youtube, but once again, Gleason is the only one willing to do anything immediately afterwards. I don't know how they responded after the hit, but I would have hoped for a stronger reaction to a reckless hit. Shame too considering Ranger really turned a corner with his play lately.

If playing like a grandmother with arthritis for 30 minutes qualifies as a strong reaction, they blew Tampa's socks off.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
One can only hope that San Jose completely flops in the playoffs and as a result fires Todd McLellan. Then, we should fire Carlyle and hire McLellan.

Knowing the Leafs though, we'll have to suffer through Carlyle for a long, long time.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
He was going to be moved anyway.

Good Riddance, Reimer clearly think he is owed something, he's acting like Luongo, which he has no merit to do so.

Guy can't make a big save to save his own life. He is pretty much Raycroft 2.0

:shakehead

tamle

Nov 13, 2013
I wasn't doubting the quote, just didn't see it as it was written. Thx.

You're right though, that quote is off context compared to what was on TV. They were speculating what's happening to Reimer in the offseason and nothing sounded definitive in how Dreger said it. But I agree, unless Bernier somehow loses the starting job to Reimer when we're down 3-0 in a series, and Reimer comes in relieve, and manage to get us far into the PO.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Yeah no kidding eh? And these people claim to be Leafs fans.

Yeah ,, we're not leaf fans. You think we're happy Reimer is ******** the bed and not helping us cement our place in the playoffs? Here's his chance to show you how good he is, and he's ****ing up. We're ****ing pissed that nothing is going right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad