Post-Game Talk: Lightning @ Leafs | No guts, no heart, no playoffs ?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neas Olc

Registered Abuser
Mar 22, 2011
Toronto
Congrats Blanka, you've made my ignore list.

Total blowhard.

He hasn't played great, but he deserves better than the jackass fans of this city.
'Nuff said. Maybe a quieter low-key setting like in the US South would do him some good.

mikebel111*

Hope Ranger is going to be alright. Scary seeing a guy carted off by stretcher.

I havent seen it.
However looks like it was bad

Honestly. I could care less about this team. As predicted bozak plays well. However almost no other player shows up.
Lets go raps and marlies!
Atleast they play with energy

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I havent seen it.

Honestly. I could care less about this team. As predicted bozak plays well. However almost no other player shows up.

Some Marlie call ups, may be in order. I am not liking our chemistry right now. Save yourself the 2 hours, you didn't miss much.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I wish i was positive like you, but you must be soooo disappointed sometimes believing in the team that much.

I will not lie - sometimes watching this team, literally breaks my heart. But this is my team. the day I stop believing in them, is the day I might as well stop being a Leafs fan.

I don't think the team sucks, I don't even think the statement 'we're not a good team' is truly accurate. we're a very inconsistent team and I think it has a lot to do with a structure of Carlyle's system - which i actually figured out, and it makes sense, the team just can't do it.

I do want some things addressed, and I fully believe that some of them will, but we'll have to see.

Montreal had full out the same slide we're on right now. Went to California, had to play Budaj, lost every game but 1 [so count them 5 games] did a slide, got Price back and won 3 in a row [including one they had no business winning].

The Leafs go into California won 2 out of 3 games, Bernier got hurt, and now we're on a little slide. [of which we lost 4 of the last 5]. And this nonsense of "oh i wish we actually lost to Anaheim/LA etc" is crap because had we lost to them it's like "See? pft. we can't play with the big boys."

Can't stomach this team anymore. I thought for sure they were going to bring it tonight, but the same problems murdered them again. No heart, no passion, the team is garbage without good goaltending.

This was the MOST important back-to-back sequence of the season, and they lost BOTH games in regulation! BOTH FOR GOD'S SAKES!!!!

Just a pathetic display after Ranger got injured too, they choked away the rest of the period and the game. I can't defend this effort anymore.

11 games left, need to go 6-5, we play Montreal, Tampa, Bruins, Flyers, Red Wings, Blues, and the Lightning again. Bernier please come back. Not even Daisy can turn this one into a positive.

yes I can.
Bernier is skating now. He's probably not going to play this weekend, which means, we're going to have to see Reimer play again. Or you know, throw out MacIntyre and see if he can play inspired Hockey.

So say we get 2 points this weekend. Not bad. but not horrendous.
Bernier plays - his first game will probably be a bit shaky off, but i can see it probably ending in overtime then he'll be back on a roll.

It will be a bit touch and go-ey for a bit, but I know the team will be fine. I'm not giving up on my boys. nope. nope

Lupes really hurt the team tonight with that brutal untimely penalty on that major PP and then that awful giveaway that led to Stammer's 3rd goal

Big fan of him but man that's frustrating to the highest level

yup. Lupul is on my poop list. What ever funk he is in he better shake out of it pronto.

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
"No playoffs" :laugh: surfaces in EVERY losing streak :help:

Except this time its more real than anyting. We are on game 71 and teams are only 4 points behind us and have played less than 71 games...so its not just a regular losing streak, this the last stretch.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Ugh, I just feel like we have too much gamebreaking and elite talent on forward to not make the playoffs. You'd think down the stretch that Lupul, Kadri, JVR, Kessel (even Bozak) would be able to take over a game and win it for us... Kessel and JVR have been doing it all season, Kadri's been okay but could be better, Lupul's been pretty invisible. I'm a fan of Lupul, but lately his play has been so disappointing.

mikebel111*

Lupul: "You're trying to clear your head & focus on the next period but, you can't lie, part of you is wondering what's going on with him"

Lupul is so pathetic. Using Ranger's injury as an excuse for their lacklustre play in the 2nd period.

Lupul...you mind telling us what was on the teams mind BEFORE the injury? Or for the past 70 games where you have been nonchalant and lazy?

#truecaptainlupul

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I havent seen it.

Gardner sure looked like he cared....our best player tonight by a wide margin!

Strategy

Sep 8, 2013
All of the Leafs were bad defensively today, why are we singling out Lupul? Please...

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Gardner sure looked like he cared....our best player tonight by a wide margin!

I like Gardiner when we are behind and he can be let off his leash. He was good tonight, but when we have a lead, he has no concept on how to play because he has to stay back, and this is when he gets in trouble.

This is why I think he will be a good player, a star perhaps at Center.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I'd like to see some new line combos and pairings.

Lupul Bozak Kessel
JVR Kadri Kulemin
Raymond Holland Clarkson
Ashton McClement Bodie

Gardiner Phaneuf
Gunnarsson Rielly
Gleason Franson

Try Lupul back with Bozak and Kessel to get him going
Break up the Phaneuf Gunnarsson pairing and give Rielly and Gardiner more minutes

But I know it will never happen as Randy's as stubborn as a mule.

mikebel111*

Some Marlie call ups, may be in order. I am not liking our chemistry right now. Save yourself the 2 hours, you didn't miss much.

See this is a trend.
On almost every night, only one line shows up usually bozak line
Last few games, kadri line playing solid but tonight they decide to be no shows.
Its like they talk to each other and decide which line should play today while others dog the game

And lupul can get out of here. Maybe ashton energy rubs off on team

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory

Brodie plays his ass off and needs to be used more....I would put him with Kadri to cause turnovers and room for him.

We are limited in our call ups now....so lets not get stuck with what we did with Ashton two years ago.

Bigleaf

Jun 21, 2008
If only Reimer was our only problem...... if only.

How true. If Carlyle is still coaching this team (even with a new backup and a few roster tweaks), we'll be back here a year from now whining about how bad we are defensively, how we give up so many shots, etc. etc. The problems run a lot deeper than Reimer.

mikebel111*

Why do u guys care?
This team is a disgrace
Watch the marlies and raps.
They want to win

Vinsanity89

Feb 2, 2014
All of the Leafs were bad defensively today, why are we singling out Lupul? Please...

The Leafs have been bad defensively all year. But Lupul's lack of production and defensive ineptitude has earned him criticism and rightly so.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
As much as I hate Dion as our captain I was never #CaptainLupul....not a leader as well.

When Gleason was tripped and TB scored, only 2 players went to talk to the Refs. Bozak and JVR for A's.

I don't care for Mcclement and Lupul holding the A's right now. They don't deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad