Post-Game Talk: Lightning @ Leafs | No guts, no heart, no playoffs ?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
We better not play Boston early in the playoffs.
Boston Last 10 games: 10-0-0.
Gulp.

It's looking like a real possibility we could be 8th seed if we secure a playoff spot.

I say **** it, BRING ON THE BRUINS, I don't care how many learning experiences it will take, this team needs to learn how to get it together. There's no better team to practice that against than the Bruins, win or lose.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Well.. I am a fan of Riemer and have been since I started hearing about the kid in the E that was tearing it up, but man, that is two straight games I figure if berns is in we win. Can't put the Washington game on Reims.

To poor defensively to not get grade A Goaltending and we didn't get it last couple games. He can, he has, but he didn't.

Mandatory hope Ranger is ok, intial reports sound ok. Hit doesn't need to be made, I have always been one that hates the hit from behind, but I can't get up in arms on that one. Hockey play with a bad result.

Book this, we will beat Montreal, they could put me in net.

Schennanigans

Dec 26, 2008
Etobicoke, on
Bernier or Reimer, it doesn't matter if this team plays lousy I front of them. Even with Berniers good numbers we are still bottom 5 in GA. This team needs to wake the **** up and not start playing with 20 minutes left.

Nyax

Oct 2, 2008
Parts Unknown
Turnovers and shoddy defence have plagued this team the entire season, and the penalty killing has been ****. The goalies have had to stand on their heads for most of the wins. If a stern coach like Carlyle can't get these clowns to buy in defensively, I don't know who can. Even if they make the playoffs they'll get smoked by Boston or Pittsburgh.:shakehead

The classic Leaf season. No playoff success and no top ten pick.:banghead:

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
He was going to be moved anyway.

Good Riddance, Reimer clearly think he is owed something, he's acting like Luongo, which he has no merit to do so.

Guy can't make a big save to save his own life. He is pretty much Raycroft 2.0

Lemme ask you something.

Great Rookie Year
Terrible Sophmore Year
Better 3rd year
terrible 4th year including the loss of the starters job

Raycroft, Reimer or Both?

"Better 3rd year"? Lol are you talking about the one that got us into the playoffs and game 7 against a Bruins team that we were supposed to get decimated by? His 2nd year he was xoming iff a concussion and was rushed back which didn't help, even through all that his numbers were still far better than anything Raycroft was able to muster up. Maybe you should get your facts straight before making such stupid statements, he's no where near as bad as Raycroft was.

Team Overrated

Aug 5, 2013
I wouldn't mind playing Boston. That is the team to beat. I think Leaf fans have gotten to much trash talking by the Vancouvers or the senatards oh the other teams that have no pedigree- have never won. To me it doesn't matter when you lose. I don't think anyone thinks we will win it this year. To win a couple round would be nice and everything, but I want to compete with the best. Bring on the Bruins the Pens the Blues! Take all comers. I realize that last years 5 min brain fart is stuck on our minds, but I loved that series!

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
And Leafs fans arrogance is in full scale, stop talking about playoffs, we are NOT a playoff team, whether you like it or not. We may not even get into the playoffs. Boston are IN, Leafs are NOT !! geez

Yosho

Logic
Mar 30, 2010
Kitchener, ON
Some usual suspects continuing their lackluster seasons - Lupul, Kadri, Franson, Phaneuf, Reimer.
(Edit - Forgot about the King of Lacklusterhood David Clarkson. This guy is hilarious.)

Team needs to regroup big time or this season ends in a few weeks.

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga
Some usual suspects continuing their lackluster seasons - Lupul, Kadri, Franson, Phaneuf, Reimer.
(Edit - Forgot about the King of Lacklusterhood David Clarkson. This guy is hilarious.)

Team needs to regroup big time or this season ends in a few weeks.

It could be over by this weekend both games are pretty much Must win from here on in... although i doubt detroit is able to gain some traction with some missing vets, but you cant underestimate babcock's ability to get his team to rally.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Bruins in the playoffs without Grabovski the warrior or Komarov? Yikes, no, we're not built for it like last year.

I don't get why people still think Grabovski played well in the playoffs.

He was a champ in the sense that he got beat up repeatedly and never backed down. He kept coming and showed grit that everyone on the team should try to emulate.

That being said, he was entirely ineffective. He had 2 points and was -11.

I know +/- isn't a good stat, but you can't be -11 in 7 games and say you played well. He did nothing to actually help the team win.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
And Leafs fans arrogance is in full scale, stop talking about playoffs, we are NOT a playoff team, whether you like it or not. We may not even get into the playoffs. Boston are IN, Leafs are NOT !! geez

Well we clearly are a playoff team since, you know, we are in the playoffs. Before these past 3 games we were something like 15-4-4 in 23 games.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Hey guys - coming in peace.

Just wanted to say - Holy **** can Gardiner skate. I know he's still got to round out his game a bit, but from a complete skating standpoint, he may be one of the best skaters from the blue line in the league.

At the end of the day, I really like the Leafs, so I hope you guys get out of this funk. Good luck the rest of the season (until we play again).

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009

While we are slipping and overall it doesn't look good, we are still in a playoff spot.

William Hylander

There can be only 1
Aug 17, 2009
Bernier needs to be ready for Sat. We have 1 more day of rest on the Habs, we should be ready if Bernier is ready.

Regarding the Tampa game, back to backs are murder. If the NHL were to actually competent, they would figure out that back to backs are fine as long as both teams played the day before. I refuse to believe that the schedule makers cannot find a match out of 15 other eastern conference teams.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
The only people ******** on Reimer more than the fans are his teammates. This is what happens when our goalies don't steal the game.

Don't know why he was so deep in his net on the first goal but it's tough to blame him for the rest.

Sick of Carlyle. Bring back Pat Quinn. He would absolutely love this team.

This.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I can't say the things I want to say in fear of getting several infractions or getting banned altogether.

Let's just say I'm no longer a happy Leafs fan.

#FireCarlyle #FireNonis #TradeAllThePlayersWithoutAnyHeart

I WAS a Reimer supporter! He needs to GET OUT OF TOWN now!

Last edited:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Knew it would be a tough night when Bozak passes up the shot to force a pass on the early 2 on 1 followed by Reimer letting in a softee that my beer league tender would have saved.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Knew it would be a tough night when Bozak passes up the shot to force a pass on the early 2 on 1 followed by Reimer letting in a softee that my beer league tender would have saved.

Exactly... Reimer loves his back breaking goals allowed! :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad