Post-Game Talk: Lightning @ Leafs | No guts, no heart, no playoffs ?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinsanity89

Feb 2, 2014
If Reimer stopped the pucks he really should have stopped tonight, the game might have ended 4-3.

Of course, if Bishop stopped the pucks he really should have stopped tonight, it should have ended 4-1.

Here we go with the Reimer apologies....Giving up a terrible goal 30 seconds into the game affects team confidence period. Giving up 5 goals...well....:help:

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
We are suppose to show up every game. But this one, being soooo important, we **** to bed. I'm not even mad, i started cooling down last night.

I hope Ranger is alright.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
with the games in hand we can now be officially out of a playoff spot once they are caught up.

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
Last year this team was a scary bunch to play against. Now it s a team of cream puffs and have zero push back. What a joke! You would think there would be some progression, yet it's the leafs so what else but regression and another 44yrs of crap hockey

goonx

Nov 7, 2010
When fans are defending a goaltender on goals that were "difficult" to save vs praising a goaltender on goals that he "robbed, you know your goaltending sucks.

Reimer played well for us but he's not our future. Bernier stole his job and Reimer wasn't up for the challenge.

Letting in 4-5 goals a game makes us look like the oilers.

Revolt

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto
Another pathetic performance. Horrible goaltending, horrible structure, horrible defense.

This team needs a major shake up in the off season.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Reimer seems to play well when the pressure is off.. As soon as something is on the line or it becomes an important game, he ***** the bed. If he has a chance to think about it, he's done. The fact that he knows the team is relying on him now and there is no Bernier to save him, he is freezing.

ldnk

Apr 8, 2009
You're right. His rebound control is exceptional and his positional play puts him in the top 5 in the league or maybe he's ****ing terrible and my sarcasm is so thick it could choke a mule.

Clearly my defense of Reimer in saying that he wasn't the reason we lost is an implication that he's a god damn Vezina candidate.

Congratulations for winning the best poster of the year award. See I can do sarcasm too!

Last edited by a moderator:

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
If the Leafs don't make it to the playoffs... I don't even know. It's crazy. Two seasons ago we had that epic post All-Star break collapse. Last season it was Game 7.

I think if we don't make the playoffs and Clarkson continues his marvelous play... people might chase his ass out of town.

Espher

Nov 22, 2008
Fredericton, N.B.
It's not like the team just ***** the bed defensively in front of Reimer either, guys. They do it in front of Bernier and it burns him, too, but when our guys score goals it matters less.

I'm just saying maybe the fact that Stamkos was left alone in ideal Stamkosian scoring position three times might have to do with team defence, and it may be a strong contributor as to why Tampa was up 4-2 at one point.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...Habs fan coming in peace, amigos...I just wanted to know how many actually blame Reimer for that loss, because I thought he played well in Detroit last night and played well again tonite...that first one was a fluke that anyone coulda let in (and have), just a bad screen bad timing fluke, and the rest were lackluster defensive plays where Reimer was hung out to dry...ya gotta feel for the kid, ya really do...

ForzaItalia

Mar 23, 2008
Toronto, ON
lmao.

Clarkson is leading the league in ITG.

Yep:

9v7fmmB.jpg

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
Team was brutal tonight. Where was the D-zone coverage? People love to blame the goalies around here, but the d-zone coverage has been the reason why this team's had awful GAA since the last lockout. Seriously. Cut down on the turnovers and pick up a man, FFS.

But yeah, I'm sure it's that every goalie sucks and not the horrible defense.

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
because I really, really don't want to get in trouble. I'm simply going to say, that at the end of the day, I'm not worried about this slid. Bernier will be back, and we'll be okay. the end.

I wish i was positive like you, but you must be soooo disappointed sometimes believing in the team that much.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
If the Leafs don't make it to the playoffs... I don't even know. It's crazy. Two seasons ago we had that epic post All-Star break collapse. Last season it was Game 7.

I think if we don't make the playoffs and Clarkson continues his marvelous play... people might chase his ass out of town.
No they won't. We'll all be back come September thinking these clowns give as much of a **** as we do about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad