Rumor: Leafs trying to trade Nick Ritchie

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Le Magnifique

Feb 22, 2021
I think Leaf fans should just do a search for Ritchie in these forums and find out how other fan bases were gushing over him prior to being a Leaf and just copy and paste.
Same procedure for any player the Leafs have really.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I would rather keep him for the playoffs. He lacks the IQ, skating, and compete to play how the Leafs do with quick puck transitions, but I think in a series against a lesser skilled team who hits the Leafs into playing a cycle style game and slow them down, he would have a chance to shine.

I'm confident there is a GM in the league who will take a player in his prime years who was on pace for 30 goals last season in the offseason. It might not be a contender, but lots of rebuilding teams would value him for a low caphit for only 1 year.

Well, he's not one of the Leafs 12 best forwards and has been in the AHL with the Marlies for a few weeks. They have Kyle Clifford who they can bring up to be heavy on the 4th line if needed for a fraction of the caphit. So unless the Leafs are down 5-6 forwards, he won't see ice time here to make him worth while.

It was hoped he would be able to work with one of our big four lines, score 20 goals, throw some hits, and maybe fight to protect his linemates. He did hit and fight, but sadly most of the time the puck had long since passed the player he was hitting and he takes a penalty. The Leafs want is cap space gone to add to other areas.

They could use an upgrade on Holl on the Muzzin pairing. They could also use a winger, likely a LW, in the mold of Foligno or someone who can play a playoff style game and move around the middle 6 of the lineup as needed.

That's real money yes but not his caphit. Try again.

Pretty funny that you try and pass off Ritchie getting 15 goals in 56 games as "30 goal pace" then call someone out for using his real dollars hit rather than his cap hit.

Unless you added the "in the offseason" part at the end because you think he scored at a 30 goal pace in the post-season? In which case his 1 goal in 11 games also isn't 30 goal pace. It is a nice preview of what would happen if the Leafs expect him to suddenly turn his game around because its the playoffs though.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
I think Leaf fans should just do a search for Ritchie in these forums and find out how other fan bases were gushing over him prior to being a Leaf and just copy and paste.
Im sure Craig Button and Mike Johnston both drooled over the move, like everything they do ,embarrassing really

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

People who stat watch probably saw a former top 10 pick, big bodied player put up a career high in goal goals and that was enough (it was for Dubas). If you actually watched the games or listened to Bruins fans you would have known he is trash. The playoffs are when players like him are supposed to shine and he completely disappeared.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Bunting, Kase and kampf doing pretty well. What a cringe troll post.

Edit: ah alt account. Makes sense.

Aside from Simmonds, most of his moves to add toughness, leadership & grit didn't work. It's like he puts on a blindfold & throws a dart at a board full of names of physical players.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Aside from Simmonds, most of his moves to add toughness, leadership & grit didn't work. It's like he puts on a blindfold & throws a dart at a board full of names of physical players.
It's almost like not every move every single GM makes works..... You're forgetting Muzin

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

Honestly I cant even argue against this. But he's done a good job finding skill guys, physicality is still missing.

Reactions: CupInSIX

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Pretty funny that you try and pass off Ritchie getting 15 goals in 56 games as "30 goal pace" then call someone out for using his real dollars hit rather than his cap hit.

Unless you added the "in the offseason" part at the end because you think he scored at a 30 goal pace in the post-season? In which case his 1 goal in 11 games also isn't 30 goal pace. It is a nice preview of what would happen if the Leafs expect him to suddenly turn his game around because its the playoffs though.

What? What does goal scoring pace have to do with cap hit vs real money? You make no sense. I am saying he is 1 year removed (not this season, last with the Bruins) from being productive. He is in his prime. He is big. A team will take a flyer on him because the risk is beyond low.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Honestly I cant even argue against this. But he's done a good job finding skill guys, physicality is still missing.

Bunting and Kase aren't throwing open ice hits, but they both play with intensity and grit. Please tell me where any GM can just go out and get a power forward for 1M that scores 20 goals. They don't exist unless you draft them, and that is still a very rare player in the league. Bunting was an absolute steal that apparently 31 other GM's weren't willing to gamble on for just over league minimum.

Reactions: Metroid

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Bunting and Kase aren't throwing open ice hits, but they both play with intensity and grit. Please tell me where any GM can just go out and get a power forward for 1M that scores 20 goals. They don't exist unless you draft them, and that is still a very rare player in the league. Bunting was an absolute steal that apparently 31 other GM's weren't willing to gamble on for just over league minimum.

Not a fan of Dubas but getting Bunting and his production at a fraction of the cost it would have taken to re-sign Hyman is a stroke of genius.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Bunting wanted to come home. I’m sure a lot of teams were interested in him because he’s a stud.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
What? What does goal scoring pace have to do with cap hit vs real money? You make no sense. I am saying he is 1 year removed (not this season, last with the Bruins) from being productive. He is in his prime. He is big. A team will take a flyer on him because the risk is beyond low.

???

You called someone out for getting their facts wrong, yet you completely made up that Richie had a 30 goal pace. I see that you've now lowered the bar to just "being productive" so you obviously know that you're wrong.

Teams also had a chance to take a flyer on him when he was on waivers and available to the whole league for free. No one wanted him.

Being in his "prime" is irrelevant when he sucks.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Agreed.

It would silly to think the leafs would ever pay a first rounder to someone to shed an undesirable contract!
Before they were getting over $4m in cap relief, and Marleau had a NMC which he refused to wave, and a buyout wouldn't change the cap hit because he was over 35 when he signed it. Totally different. The Leafs could buyout Ritchie and it would $300k next year on the books and$1.1m the following year. The cap will probably go up another $1m anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad