Rumor: Leafs trying to trade Nick Ritchie

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Well, he's not one of the Leafs 12 best forwards and has been in the AHL with the Marlies for a few weeks. They have Kyle Clifford who they can bring up to be heavy on the 4th line if needed for a fraction of the caphit. So unless the Leafs are down 5-6 forwards, he won't see ice time here to make him worth while.

It was hoped he would be able to work with one of our big four lines, score 20 goals, throw some hits, and maybe fight to protect his linemates. He did hit and fight, but sadly most of the time the puck had long since passed the player he was hitting and he takes a penalty. The Leafs want is cap space gone to add to other areas.

They could use an upgrade on Holl on the Muzzin pairing. They could also use a winger, likely a LW, in the mold of Foligno or someone who can play a playoff style game and move around the middle 6 of the lineup as needed.

That's real money yes but not his caphit. Try again.
ok. His caphit is $2.5. He still sucks and is worthless. You are delusional.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
ok. His caphit is $2.5. He still sucks and is worthless. You are delusional.

Why are you so offended that I suggested there are GM's in the league who would value a player with size and a low caphit? I even said it's not going to be a contender. I could see the Senators taking a flyer on him for example.

Reactions: teddygmr

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Why are you so offended that I suggested there are GM's in the league who would value a player with size and a low caphit? I even said it's not going to be a contender. I could see the Senators taking a flyer on him for example.
I'm not offended that you are delusional. What team would give an asset for Ritchie and take on that salary next season? Why didnt they take him on waivers. Get real.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I'm not offended that you are delusional. What team would give an asset for Ritchie and take on that salary next season? Why didnt they take him on waivers. Get real.

I am saying that there is a GM in the league who would like to have them on their roster. I am not saying he is returning anyone of value. I am saying I don't think the Leafs are really paying anything to move him. There is a GM out there who is licking their lips thinking they are getting a big physical player who didn't fit with the Leafs speed and skill for free.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
I mean, if it would be Ritchie + first + b/c prospect for Chiarot and a 7th or something it could help both teams.

Deal 1:

Toronto gets: Chiarot @ 50%, Montreal 2022 5th

Montreal gets: Ritchie, Toronto 2022 2nd, Knies

Deal 2:

Toronto: Chiarot @ 50%, Montreal 7th

Montreal: Ritchie, Toronto 1st 2022, Toronto 3rd 2023

Deal 3:

Toronto: Chiarot @ 50%

Montreal: Ritchie, Toronto 1st 2023

Any of those interest you?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Deal 1:

Deal 2:

Deal 3:

Deal 1 is hilarious and you should be ashamed for even asking for Knies.

the others I wouldn't be thrilled with but I could see

Reactions: pan43

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Deal 1:

Deal 2:

Deal 3:

I think Knies is our top prospect tbh, so I consider that deal really lopsided. His scoring ability and his size makes him really rare if he pans out.

I would probably pick deal #2 if I was the Leafs.. But of course would want to see what else could we use our first for and is there a chance Ritchie goes in another deal? I'd like to add Chiarot, but he is a LD and we have LD out the bumhole. If he were a RD i'd be almost certainly a yes.

Reactions: Canadienna

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Ritchie with picks to Arizona for nothing.

A repeat of the Gostisbehere deal.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
What's Toronto looking to add in reality (yes, we all know "cap space" but for what)?

And what's wrong with Ritchie? Honest evaluation is there an injury aspect to this, is this a "needs a new start" situation, is this mere downward, unexplained progression or...what's up with him?
End goal is likely another defenseman, maybe a winger to play on the 2nd line

Leafs will take a bag of pucks for Ritchie. He doesn't compete. He's in the perfect situation, on a contender who needs his specific skillset and can put him with elite talent and he won't take advantage. I don't see him succeeding in this league in any meaningful fashion

Reactions: MapleLeafs94

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Nick Ritchie LOL

He won 7th player award though

He is playing in the wrong era

Would have been better in the early 2000s

If Nitchie brothers combined into one player. Would be a good power forward. That can also drop the gloves when needed

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Definitely the worst contract Dubas has signed so far. Seems like we won't have to pay to get rid of him though at least. Thank god Kase and Bunting have worked out amazingly well to offset Ritchie's deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad