Rumor: Leafs trying to trade Nick Ritchie

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Bunting and Kase aren't throwing open ice hits, but they both play with intensity and grit. Please tell me where any GM can just go out and get a power forward for 1M that scores 20 goals. They don't exist unless you draft them, and that is still a very rare player in the league. Bunting was an absolute steal that apparently 31 other GM's weren't willing to gamble on for just over league minimum.

Well not a power forward that scores 20 goals, but guys that can lay the body and play in the bottom 6. Crouse, Anderson, Clutterbuck are all guys I'd be looking at. Andersons contract is ugly but with retention it can work, assuming we have what Montreal wants. Physicality is a huge part of playoff success. We were the more skilled team in each of the last 5 series, but physically got bullied around the ice. That needs to change. Kampf/Kase/Bunting have been great for us. Kerfoot has stepped it up for us this year too, but again the size/grit still isn't there. I'd like to replace Engvall with a big body. He's been decent but is the odd man out for me.

Ideally I'd want one of Manson/Schenn on D. I like Lily but I really don't think he's playoff ready, and depending on the match up we will probably need more size back there. Our only 2 physical players are Muzzin and sometimes Holl. That's not nearly enough. Simmonds is a shell of his former self, but he still fights and plays with a bit of an edge. Adding another 2 guys 6ft + 200lbs + would change the outlook of this team.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
What does Toronto need for the playoffs this year? The Sharks would probably have interest in taking on Ritchie if there's incentive to do so like a draft pick or prospect.

BillyZito

Feb 13, 2022
Bunting and Kase aren't throwing open ice hits, but they both play with intensity and grit. Please tell me where any GM can just go out and get a power forward for 1M that scores 20 goals. They don't exist unless you draft them, and that is still a very rare player in the league. Bunting was an absolute steal that apparently 31 other GM's weren't willing to gamble on for just over league minimum.

Sam Bennett was added to Florida for less than Foligno cost.
Go check Bennett's stats since arriving in Florida

Also, Marchment is doing fairly well as a big physical presence while going a PPG this year, for 800k

Zito is likely already a better GM than Dubas.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
More likely they'll have to pay Arizona (or some other bottom feeder) a small price to take Ritchie's contract on for next season. They're not getting any kind of positive value asset in return.

And Arizona does need players on their roster next year (they only have 3 forwards under contract).

There is definitely a floor they gotta hit with cap and Ritchie is honestly the type that would make sense to pump ice time into, inflate stats with his size/physicality etc, sell at a premium next deadline.

Riversidesouth Ryan

Dec 23, 2021
The backdiving deal seems like a killer for the Sens, but I'd be open to the idea of Del Zotto + Mete for Ritchie. Gets rid of a guy who doesn't play for someone who presumably would. Mete is redundant in Ottawa and helps balance out the overall money a little bit. Might need a mid pick on either side to balance out as needed.
Why would Ottawa take on Ritchies contract? Mete is up after this season, he won’t be back. Deal Zotto has another year at 2m. Ritchie literally brings zero to the table for Ottawa unless I’m missing something. ‍♂️

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
*sigh* How many times do players actually prove to have MORE value while being waived and giving teams flexibility? It happens all the time.

Normally I would agree but I think the player is waiver exempt for only 30 days and he has been down in the AHL for some time already

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Why would Ottawa take on Ritchies contract? Mete is up after this season, he won’t be back. Deal Zotto has another year at 2m. Ritchie literally brings zero to the table for Ottawa unless I’m missing something. ‍♂️
Sens would happily add Ritchie if we could get rid of Del Zotto + Mete in the deal. Ritchie kinda sucks but he could fill Sanfords role.

Reactions: stempniaksen

Marner4Life

Feb 12, 2019
Sam Bennett was added to Florida for less than Foligno cost.
Go check Bennett's stats since arriving in Florida

Also, Marchment is doing fairly well as a big physical presence while going a PPG this year, for 800k

Zito is likely already a better GM than Dubas.
Yes because he recognizes what it takes to win in the NHL. Small skilled forwards are great in the OHL but they don’t win Stanley cups for you!

Reactions: BillyZito

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad