Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign F Max Domi (1 year, $3M)

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
With Domi I'm slightly more lenient with his lack of offensive production than Bertuzzi. Domi screwed up his chance with JT and Nylander but it's hard to fault him not putting up points when his centre is the offensive black hole that is David Kampf and his other winger is a rookie in Knies. Bertuzzi has zero excuse for being outscored by Domi given he's been "demoted" from playing with M&M to playing with a rejuvenated Tavares and Nylander who's getting points every game so far.

Who’s been better than Domi? Not sure what his name has to do with it

Gregor has been the best UFA brought in so far.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
With Domi I'm slightly more lenient with his lack of offensive production than Bertuzzi. Domi screwed up his chance with JT and Nylander but it's hard to fault him not putting up points when his centre is the offensive black hole that is David Kampf and his other winger is a rookie in Knies. Bertuzzi has zero excuse for being outscored by Domi given he's been "demoted" from playing with M&M to playing with a rejuvenated Tavares and Nylander who's getting points every game so far.

Gregor has been the best UFA brought in so far.

Ohh, right I agree with that. I was only thinking between the big name guys, Reaves, Klingberg and Bertuzzi.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
Who’s been better than Domi? Not sure what his name has to do with it
Domi has done nothing. The expectations for him vs what he's delivered so far has been every bit as disappointing as Bertuzzi and Reaves for that matter (expectations). Anyone being honest knows the reason why Max is escaping the criticism from the fan base is specifically because of his last name and fans have a soft spot for him bc of Dad.

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
Domi has done nothing. The expectations for him vs what he's delivered so far has been every bit as disappointing as Bertuzzi and Reaves for that matter (expectations). Anyone being honest knows the reason why Max is escaping the criticism from the fan base is specifically because of his last name and fans have a soft spot for him bc of Dad.
I don’t think Domi is going to finish the season as a Leaf.

Reactions: 67leafs

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

No he has obviously been better than Reaves and Klingberg and has out produced Bertuzzi playing with worse linemates and far less time on the powerplay. Once again his father has nothing to do with this lol

Someone brought up Gregor though who I forgot about in this discussion and for his role yea he has been the most impressive.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
He’s really coming into his own now that he’s at centre with linemates who can score. I l remember back in training camp the talk was Max and Robertson were getting close and it seems they’ve carried that chemistry into the regular season.

Also, the time between fights at the ACC/SBA that included a Domi in a Leafs jersey was 6451 days.

Last edited:

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022

Besides, having the 2nd most difficult deployment out of any forward with 63% dZs, while only playing 13:34 ATOI a night and scoring 9 points in 15 games, yeah he's done nothing... Jebus some people and their bias. He's been an ideal 3rd line center, nothing more, nothing less.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
He's been better lately. Looks better at center, has started skating, and has some chemistry with our young guys.
The book on Domi is that he goes through big highs and lows though, so hoping he keeps this up.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
no idea how anyone can knock him anymore considering how well he's been driving the 3rd line at C , if he popped in the odd one here and there it'd be nice but he doesn't shoot much and gives up shots to set up teammates

the main thing is the 3rd line has been a positive and is producing offense so i really couldn't care who's finishing the play , also the way Domi has been playing at C he's a bargain at 3m

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
The Ottawa, Calgary and Vancouver games were really good for Domi. Finidng chemistry with Robertson and Jarnkrok and setting up Nicky Bobby, SO winner, playmaking looks good, and sticking up for Robertson vs Cole.
Wondered whose gloves they were just seen the hit then gloves hit the ice. I know Reeves won't jump someone. Very unleaf like.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Domi is the 3C we have been lacking over the past few years. And it all happened as a fluke but I will take it nonetheless.

3mil for a 3C is great esp since he is producing more than just points.

Reactions: Damage

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I think many of us thought Domi was signed to be our 3C when it first happened. Surprised Keefe started him on the wing but he’s looked great at center and where he should be.

Reactions: Damage

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Wondered whose gloves they were just seen the hit then gloves hit the ice. I know Reeves won't jump someone. Very unleaf like.

From everything I've seen of Ryan Reaves, he seems like a guy trying to build a cult hero status and media presence in Toronto while doing as little as humanly possible, whether that's his specialty role or just playing a normal hockey shift. I don't mind the concept of an enforcer and all the things Reaves was supposed to provide, but I do mind someone who seems to be here for all the wrong reasons... cannot be stated how awful Reaves is.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Domi is the 3C we have been lacking over the past few years. And it all happened as a fluke but I will take it nonetheless.

3mil for a 3C is great esp since he is producing more than just points.
Both of the bottom 6 C's serve a clear purpose. Domi is your playdriving offense guy and Kampf is the guy to take all the crappy assignments and zone starts.

When we had Kerfoot he wasn't either of those roles, just too average at everything to excel at one thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad