Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign F Max Domi (1 year, $3M)

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Yeah I was thinking to myself how invisible he looked early on and how there was going to be a game where he finally made an impact. Glad to see it happen and glad to see he found some Chemistry with a new linemate in knies.

i Just hope to see more of the same.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Kerfoot light
Except when he's on the bench and smiling he reminds me of Bobby Clarke light, one of my all-time favourites.

bobby-clarke.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Recipe Unlimited

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Domi's been awful. It's like he's trying to replicate zero offense Alex Kerfoot hockey while not having the defensive IQ to do the other stuff, while shackled from doing the aggressive stuff he was brought in to contribute (which blurted out at a random and ineffective time vs Fiala in the LA game).

Reactions: Brown Dog

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Domi should have fought Marchand for the Liljegren hit, What happened? Does no one on this squad like Liljegren? THat hit exposed the lack of Leafs team chemistry. They all saw the hit in the intermission at least, they did nothing.

Reactions: peconcan and horner

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010
Domi should have fought Marchand for the Liljegren hit, What happened? Does no one on this squad like Liljegren? THat hit exposed the lack of Leafs team chemistry. They all saw the hit in the intermission at least, they did nothing.

Trying to get 2 points on a random 1 of 82 games is our toughness.

horner

May 22, 2007
Unless Keefe told the players not to do anything .
I think Keefe has drilled it in hthere head to stay away from this kind if crap .
To me it is weird no one even said anything to him but Klingberg.

Reactions: nuck

horner

May 22, 2007
His old man would be descusted with him.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
I thought Max was supposed to be more skilled than Tie. So far, Tie was 10x the player his son is with us in both the toughness and skill regard which is really telling.

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
Domi's been pure garbage, hope him and Bertuzzi can turn it around but surprising play from these bums considering the whole "betting on themselves" aspect to their 1 year deal.

Machinae

Jul 6, 2007
Mississauga, ON
Worse player than Engvall. Somehow softer. 0 hits. Never mind Kerfoot, a player worth 10 Domi's at this point. Even Lafferty looks like a much more impactful player.

It's unreal how bad this guy is.

Reactions: authentic

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
They need to get him away from Kampf who has been his most frequent center by a huge margin. Domi CF% with Kampf 46.56 but away from Kampf 54.78. Kampf away from Domi 28.26. Kampf is the offense chiller for most players altho Kerf last year was only very slightly affected by the offensive suck with 47.99 with a 49.59 without but no winger benefits from a center who doesn't attack and can't distribute. He has 2 assists in 10 games. Domi and Knies can do better but need different use.

Reactions: authentic

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
At this point I’d try Domi at 3C. He doesn’t deserve it but his best seasons have come playing down the middle and this isn’t working.

Knies-Matthews-Marner
Jarnkrok-Tavares-Nylander
Robertson-Domi-Bertuzzi
Gregor-Kampf-Holmberg
Waive Reeves he is useless anyway.

The idea is that the 3rd line is an all offensive line with heavy offensive zone starts. Jarnkrok can help be the defensive conscious on the 2nd line. The 4th line is a defensive matchup line with heavy defensive zone starts. You could switch Jarnkrok and Bertuzzi to bump up the 2nd line offensively and the 3rd line defensively.

Not my ideal lineup build but the best configuration with the pieces we have right now.

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
It's interesting to compare the criticism Bertuzzi, Reaves and Klingberg are getting compared to Domi. Is the only reason why Domi is getting a free pass is because of his last name?

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Worse player than Engvall. Somehow softer. 0 hits. Never mind Kerfoot, a player worth 10 Domi's at this point. Even Lafferty looks like a much more impactful player.

It's unreal how bad this guy is.

It’s unreal how bad every single one of these signings are, but somehow Domi has been the best one so far

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad