Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign F Max Domi (1 year, $3M)

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
What happened to this guy? I remember when he was with Montreal and showed a little bit of passion. He's soft, emotionless, defense is atrocious, offense not good either. Other than adding some much needed team speed, he's not doing anything positive. And we can find cheaper speed.

maybe he's loud in the locker room? newGM seems to mainly care about the decibel levels generated by his players in the locker room rather than on ice performance.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
He was chum for fans to get excited about after a failed summer and bringing back the core yet again.

Reactions: Jeremy2020

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
He's just not a fit anywhere right now. The top two LW spots are going to Bertuzzi and Knies and the entire bottom 6 is a collection of guys who don't fit together.

Reactions: arso40

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
What happened to this guy? I remember when he was with Montreal and showed a little bit of passion. He's soft, emotionless, defense is atrocious, offense not good either. Other than adding some much needed team speed, he's not doing anything positive. And we can find cheaper speed.
4 games in. Matthews has zero assists. Team has worse GAA than the Coyotes. Marner is tied for 61st in points. The sample is just too small to worry about.

Whatever becomes of him Bert and Klinger, its the beginning of the season with a new coach and team mates so things don't always slide right into place. The Hawks fans never complained about him being listless and they did want him back. I am not saying I'm sure he is going to thrive but I think you make that call after at least 20 or 30 games.

Last edited:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Welcome to Max Domi. He'll pull some games like this, then revert back to being invisible.

He's a good mid-line player though. If he can really buy in and skate like he did tonight, he'll be a very nice playmaker and offensive player for the secondary lines. He just can't keep standing around and hope his teammates will do the work for him.

Reactions: Gallagbi and Buds17

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Welcome to Max Domi. He'll pull some games like this, then revert back to being invisible.

He's a good mid-line player though. If he can really buy in and skate like he did tonight, he'll be a very nice playmaker and offensive player for the secondary lines. He just can't keep standing around and hope his teammates will do the work for him.
Tonight he saves two points possibly no need to double down on criticism so I’ll Give it a rest.

Last edited:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
You need to watch the highlights that zoom in on him before passing to Knies on both goals. The subtle puck protection while moving his legs at the same time are very high skill moves. This guy can play.

Someone should give him permission to go, and not look to pass off to someone at the first opportunity.

He ain't there for defense.

Reactions: Havoc

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
How is that criticism? I think that's fair? It's the literal scouting report for his game. One game doesn't make a season, good or bad. Relax my dude. I like Max Domi, so I hope he can keep playing like that.
my apologies. I assumed that you were downplaying his contribution to the win tonight.I have since edited my post in respect to your viewpoint

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Domi, like Bertuzzi and Klingberg will be judged by how they perform in the playoffs.

They were all brought in for secondary scoring which the Leafs have never had in the playoffs.

Domi now with 3 points in 5 games is at exactly his PPG average for his career. This is who he is and to ecpect anything else is absurd.

If he is engaged in the playoffs like he was last year with Dallas then it will be worth the 3 million.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Are Domi, Klingberg and Bertuzzi known for their playoff performances?
Domi and Bertuzzi were both good last year.

It was Bertuzzi's firat playoffs so small track record.

Domi is what he is. He really just needs to be good in 1 or 2 games per series to help

Reactions: Kurtz

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Klingberg has scored in the Cup Finals I believe. Can't be many of our players that have done that. Jarnkrok?

Reactions: Jojalu

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Got to let it breathe a few weeks. Game 4 isn't the time to overreact to a new signing, he looked much better in game 5.

Hopefully we see some more consistent play from Domi as the season really gets going.

Reactions: fancy lad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad