Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign F Max Domi (1 year, $3M)

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Would rather have spent that 3m on D.

Bertuzzi Matthews Marner
Knies Tavares Nylander
Minten Kämpf Järnkrok
Gregor Holmberg Reaves/McMann

Equal to what we have now.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Every new guy so far has had at least one play that’s shown us why they were brought in. Gregor’s goal and speed, Bertuzzi’s goal and net front presence, Klingberg’s stretch pass assists, Reaves’ hits and fights, even Minten and Knies have had times where they flash their potential.

Domi hasn’t had any such moment. A secondary assist and one scrum isn’t enough to justify his salary or even hint at a long term extension.

Last edited:
Reactions: Super Mega

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Domis been bad but give him some time. We wont know whether its a good signing or not until playoffs truthfully.

Reactions: Jojalu

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Jesus

It's been three games, give the guy a chance to build some chemistry with his teammates and get used to playing in Toronto

You can see he wants it (perhaps a little to much) and it may take him a little while to settle in

He still has plenty of ability and once he gets set he's going to help us score and add a little physicality

Patience is going to be required I'm afraid

Sep 18, 2009
Jesus

It's been three games, give the guy a chance to build some chemistry with his teammates and get used to playing in Toronto

You can see he wants it (perhaps a little to much) and it may take him a little while to settle in

He still has plenty of ability and once he gets set he's going to help us score and add a little physicality

I would rather have Schenn than Klingberg+domi

Reactions: Auston Escobar

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Domis been bad but give him some time. We wont know whether its a good signing or not until playoffs truthfully.
Are we under the impression hes clutch in the playoffs?

He looked disinterested tonight, which is concerning given he was just demoted a line. Feels like he a little timid and unsure of himself with the puck right now

Reactions: Auston Escobar

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
A little fringe here I know but honestly I thought I saw some pouty body language from him on the bench. Maybe the demotion? Looks like he thinks he should be a shoe-in for the top-6 no matter what.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Domi is playing like he is on pace for 5 (lucky)pts this yr. Really really really bad so far and I was looking forward to him playing for the leafs. He looks checked out. I said to my wife that I wouldnt be surprised to hear he is going through a divorce based on his body language Ive seen from him up to this point. Too bad. Some were worried he was going to be an out of control maniac due to the excitement of being in Toronto.......Id love to see that side of him cause whatever this is he is doing cant continue. Systems etc can take time but its his energy levels or lack of that concerns me.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Jesus

I was looking forward t Domi but we are watching different games if you think he is playing like he wants it too much. He looks like he is just waking up from a nap....3 games now. I havent seen one iota of wanting it. I hope your right and he comes around but right now he looks cooked.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Domi is playing like he is on pace for 5 (lucky)pts this yr. Really really really bad so far and I was looking forward to him playing for the leafs. He looks checked out. I said to my wife that I wouldnt be surprised to hear he is going through a divorce based on his body language Ive seen from him up to this point. Too bad. Some were worried he was going to be an out of control maniac due to the excitement of being in Toronto.......Id love to see that side of him cause whatever this is he is doing cant continue. Systems etc can take time but its his energy levels or lack of that concerns me.

Is he even married?

He has diabetes, maybe his blood sugars are off a bit?

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Is he even married?

He has diabetes, maybe his blood sugars are off a bit?
He has a girlfriend and is getting married....and yes I wondered about his diabetes and if that was part of whats going on with him. Would make sense.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Bert does not belong in the 1st line, Domi is more of a finesse player than Bert and can probably think on the same level as AM and MM, try him on the 1st line for a coupe of games. The speed Domi brings can help on the forecheck and back defenders off opening up time and space for Mitch and Matty, plus he's a good passer. you get Domi clicking with Matty and then Mitch can hopefully do something with the human sloth (91).

Are we under the impression hes clutch in the playoffs?

He looked disinterested tonight, which is concerning given he was just demoted a line. Feels like he a little timid and unsure of himself with the puck right now

The entire team but two players looked disinterested.

Reactions: BallardEra

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad