Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign F Max Domi (1 year, $3M)

Kg810

Sep 24, 2015
Lmao at some of you. The guy has barely been given any meaningful ice time to find chemistry and his game here and you're already forming strong opinions, truly amazing.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Lmao at some of you. The guy has barely been given any meaningful ice time to find chemistry and his game here and you're already forming strong opinions, truly amazing.
I mean whats the point on coming on this site and telling people not to talk about what we are seeing. Thats what this is about isnt it?

All we can go by is what he has done so far and its not good. Its not chemistry Im concerned about, its his compete....its non existent so far..

If he turns it around we will talk about that but for now he has been a ghost. On the other hand Im really liking the compete Im seeing from Matthews.

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
I think someone posted this over the summer, but signing Domi was a case of 'trying to win the offseason'. Big (ish) name, maybe not as big of a positive impact on the team as some want to think. But it felt good at the time of the signing.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Luckily he's only signed for one year at 3 mil. If he continues this aimless play and doesn't find his groove we can move on. But there's also the chance he gets a fire lit under him and puts up 60-70 points if he can find some chemistry with someone. It was a good gamble by Treliving. Give him 25-30 games before you label him trash. It's too early like others have said.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I think someone posted this over the summer, but signing Domi was a case of 'trying to win the offseason'. Big (ish) name, maybe not as big of a positive impact on the team as some want to think. But it felt good at the time of the signing.
I don't think anyone thought signing Max Domi was winning the off-season. He is a journeyman. He'll do fine here as time goes on. The problem isn't Domi himself, it's the misguided perception that many fans had of him. It's like people thought they were getting Brad Marchand-lite. That isn't Domi. He is a guy who can create some offense, but honestly not do much else.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Not going to write him off yet but definitely not impressing so far. We have enough cerebral offensive minded players on this team, he needs to bring a different element and play with more jam otherwise he's going to find himself off the team.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Not going to write him off yet but definitely not impressing so far. We have enough cerebral offensive minded players on this team, he needs to bring a different element and play with more jam otherwise he's going to find himself off the team.

He's really shown no inclination to have that jam, most of the time. He's got to find a way to make himself useful, or he's going to get sent to Arizona or something. I thought that there might be a chance that he shows some jam to his game... coming back to Toronto, in his father's shadow, to show something... but nah.

I'm not ready to write him off either... but part of me also wonders if somehow we signed Patrick Kane, if reuniting them as a third line, might not do wonders for him, and have pretty good top three lines.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
He's really shown no inclination to have that jam, most of the time. He's got to find a way to make himself useful, or he's going to get sent to Arizona or something. I thought that there might be a chance that he shows some jam to his game... coming back to Toronto, in his father's shadow, to show something... but nah.

I'm not ready to write him off either... but part of me also wonders if somehow we signed Patrick Kane, if reuniting them as a third line, might not do wonders for him, and have pretty good top three lines.
He's already been to Arizona, they didn't want him either.
Maybe The Ducks?

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I want Domi to succeed but he sucks ass so far. Arent we here to talk about the leafs and what we are seeing? That is the point of this forum isnt it?
I never said people shouldn't talk about the Leafs. I said some posters need to relax because talking about how we should trade him after 3 games is pretty silly. And to be fair, I am also here talking about the Leafs, so I don't really get your point.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
I mean whats the point on coming on this site and telling people not to talk about what we are seeing. Thats what this is about isnt it?

All we can go by is what he has done so far and its not good. Its not chemistry Im concerned about, its his compete....its non existent so far..

If he turns it around we will talk about that but for now he has been a ghost. On the other hand Im really liking the compete Im seeing from Matthews.

I dont know what you expected with Domi signing... its Max Domi and thats exactly what he did his entire carreer. Be invisible 3-4game , step up 2-3....if it would not be the case, never leafs would be able to sign him at 3M... get a 50-60 pts player, you need to accept this. Leafs will have A LOT of up and down with Domi, it is what it is

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I dont know what you expected with Domi signing... its Max Domi and thats exactly what he did his entire carreer. Be invisible 3-4game , step up 2-3....if it would not be the case, never leafs would be able to sign him at 3M... get a 50-60 pts player, you need to accept this. Leafs will have A LOT of up and down with Domi, it is what it is
I think most expected that he would start with the ‘step up 2-3’.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
I think most expected that he would start with the ‘step up 2-3’.
Right on, home town, home game, new chance, same old.
Already I see a 13th forward. No forecheck, no back check, no shutdown, oh, they allow him to take drop pass the try and enter zone. When he gets puck in own end the team falls asleep waiting for him to get to blue line. The fear in the opposition can be cut with a knife..🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. And for this Robertson, McMann etc sit on the Marlies.
I was hoping, but my hope was misguided again.

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
Domi should be packaged at the deadline for an upgrade in D. Couldn't get the D you wanted in the offseason? load up on expendable 1 yr deal forwards to use as salary ballast later in a trade.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Wonder if he likes playing 11 minutes a night…

I am pretty sure he expected those minutes. He wouldn't have signed here otherwise. It's not like he was signed early in the off-season.

Players typically earn their minutes, not the other way around.

Reactions: authentic

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Filling in the Kerfoot role pretty well. Was hoping for more, only 3 games in so let’s see what happens.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Right on, home town, home game, new chance, same old.
Already I see a 13th forward. No forecheck, no back check, no shutdown, oh, they allow him to take drop pass the try and enter zone. When he gets puck in own end the team falls asleep waiting for him to get to blue line. The fear in the opposition can be cut with a knife..🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. And for this Robertson, McMann etc sit on the Marlies.
I was hoping, but my hope was misguided again.

He can and will be better though. I wouldn't give up on him after 3 games

Filling in the Kerfoot role pretty well. Was hoping for more, only 3 games in so let’s see what happens.

Lol Kerfoot was far better than Domi has been so far though to be fair

Reactions: Niagara Bill

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
What happened to this guy? I remember when he was with Montreal and showed a little bit of passion. He's soft, emotionless, defense is atrocious, offense not good either. Other than adding some much needed team speed, he's not doing anything positive. And we can find cheaper speed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad