Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign F Max Domi (1 year, $3M)

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Both of the bottom 6 C's serve a clear purpose. Domi is your playdriving offense guy and Kampf is the guy to take all the crappy assignments and zone starts.

When we had Kerfoot he wasn't either of those roles, just too average at everything to excel at one thing.
Agree and this is the first time Keefe actually got identity for line 3 and 4

Reactions: arso40

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
Besides, having the 2nd most difficult deployment out of any forward with 63% dZs, while only playing 13:34 ATOI a night and scoring 9 points in 15 games, yeah he's done nothing... Jebus some people and their bias. He's been an ideal 3rd line center, nothing more, nothing less.
I'm sorry, does Domi actually have that high of dZs?

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
From everything I've seen of Ryan Reaves, he seems like a guy trying to build a cult hero status and media presence in Toronto while doing as little as humanly possible, whether that's his specialty role or just playing a normal hockey shift. I don't mind the concept of an enforcer and all the things Reaves was supposed to provide, but I do mind someone who seems to be here for all the wrong reasons... cannot be stated how awful Reaves is.
Yah its like having a sports car with a V6 that you don't drive.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Both of the bottom 6 C's serve a clear purpose. Domi is your playdriving offense guy and Kampf is the guy to take all the crappy assignments and zone starts.

When we had Kerfoot he wasn't either of those roles, just too average at everything to excel at one thing.
Yeah, and I think that's part of what makes Reaves so useless to this team. If they were trying to run a traditional forecheck/physical/easy matchup 4th line or something, then maybe he could play a bit of a role there. But they have a third line that needs to provided some secondary scoring and a fourth line that takes a ton of tough defensive matchups. There's nowhere to hide him that he doesn't hurt the team.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
It was nice to see Max stand up for Robertson. Finally showed some jam to his game. 9 points in 15 games is excellent production for a $3million contract. I've said it a number of times, but if you can get 0.5PPG out of Domi, it's a win. He's not great defensively, and isn't as physical as people expected, but if he can continue with the chemistry with Robertson, we have a winning line.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

horner

May 22, 2007
That really could be it. I thought as a pass first player he just distributes better from the middle.
But you really could be on to something. He disappears completely on the wing. He doesn’t look engaged at all.
He does see the ice better I thing.
I think it give responsibility for his line he also has Robertson there to Give him energy.
You are right he distributes better at center .

Like Domi as the 3C. He's holding his own on faceoffs and giving us speed up the middle. Wish he was delivering more hits on the forecheck though but thats not really his game I guess.
He will hit more baby steps

Same with Bertuzzi.

Reactions: cyris

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad