Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign F Max Domi (1 year, $3M)

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Still looking for his first goal.

Insane that he has only 2 goals scored in his past 57 games including the playoffs with Dallas last season.
I am trying to figure out if I care that he hasn't scored. If he picks up 50 assists this year then I guess maybe not. Especially if Jarnkrok and Robertson continue to score on a regular basis.

Then just score the game winner to get them out of the first round

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I am trying to figure out if I care that he hasn't scored. If he picks up 50 assists this year then I guess maybe not. Especially if Jarnkrok and Robertson continue to score on a regular basis.
Yeah, I'd prefer the other two on the line be shooting more than Domi anyway. People really undervalue playmaking around here. He's made some nice dishes, and has meshed well with Robertson who has a great shot.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare

Then just score the game winner to get them out of the first round
Domi has been in a couple scraps, he scored a shootout goal, he's filling an important position well at 3C and he has been a pest. With the way the assists are dropping and the extra stuff he's bringing to the table I'm not worried about his lack of goal scoring.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Domi has been in a couple scraps, he scored a shootout goal, he's filling an important position well at 3C and he has been a pest. With the way the assists are dropping and the extra stuff he's bringing to the table I'm not worried about his lack of goal scoring.
Goal scoring has never really been a big thing of his.
He does have a 28 goal season and a couple 18 goal seasons. But he also has 3 seasons where he finished with 9 goals.

We have every reason to be happy with him since his move to centre. If he hasn’t met expectations for some people they probably had the wrong expectations.

Reactions: horner

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Max has been okay lately but I feel bad that the stage fright of actually realizing his childhood dreams has made it so much harder to just play the game like he does everywhere else. Hopefully he plays Florida rough tonight and gets on the board.

Reactions: ToneDog

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
I also find his line underutilized and the line shuffling to be a rhythm killer to be honest. More often than not he and robertson generate chances. Yet the eye test makes it feel like keefe rolls out the 4th line more often.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
3rd line centers need to be a plus...if he can do that, show his team mates he can be counted on...I am happy too

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
He’s been what I thought he would be except I expected a few goals. But style of play, intermittent invisability, occasional great pass. sprinkling of fights sticking up for a teamate. He might go on a heater at some point and end up with 10 goals and 30 assists. Definitely a 3rd line player this point.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
He's quickly becoming a heart and soul guy on the team. He's a great teammate too, you can just tell in his interviews, more comfortable and part of the mix.

This guy is ssssoooo much more dynamic than a Kerfoot.

I found it so silly to shit on the guy, and Bert too for that matter, at the beginning of the season. There are a ton of alpha dogs on this team, just let these known quantities settle in, find their role and voice, THEN judge. We're seeing now why October is irrelevant. Domi is a great add.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
He's quickly becoming a heart and soul guy on the team. He's a great teammate too, you can just tell in his interviews, more comfortable and part of the mix.

This guy is ssssoooo much more dynamic than a Kerfoot.

I found it so silly to shit on the guy, and Bert too for that matter, at the beginning of the season. There are a ton of alpha dogs on this team, just let these known quantities settle in, find their role and voice, THEN judge. We're seeing now why October is irrelevant. Domi is a great add.

Domi and Gregor are two guys I hope we sign to a two year extension. Gregor is a 20 goal scorer easily on this team. Domi is such a breath of fresh air. You can tell he loves being a leaf so much. He forechecks hard and is a great skater. He will have the odd turn over here and there but he’s all heart and soul

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Domi and Gregor are two guys I hope we sign to a two year extension. Gregor is a 20 goal scorer easily on this team. Domi is such a breath of fresh air. You can tell he loves being a leaf so much. He forechecks hard and is a great skater. He will have the odd turn over here and there but he’s all heart and soul
And since those are qualities we've been lacking IMO, that's worth a ton. I'm liking Domi more and more, hope he keeps up the good work and is a Leaf for many years to come!

ICBM

Apr 8, 2009
Domi reminds me of Kuznetsov. He scores few goals, but is a very useful player nonetheless. Controls the flow of the game, skates with the puck, and makes passes. I don't think the Leafs need to trade for a third-line center. They certainly need a good top-6 power forward, plus a good passer and a thug on the blueline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad