Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Maybe Bettman is robbing Peter to pay Paul, he's sacrificing the Leafs in the short and mid-term to grow the US market. Edmonton and Toronto got McDavid and Matthews because they were bad and won the draft lottery...even Bettman can't corrupt a third party auditing firm...the firm doesn't belong to him or the NHL, and no reputable firm like that would collude with Bettman to rig a draft lottery...funny thing is, I still remember him going behind the curtains and coming out with the pick to give Pittsburg Crosby when the draft audit was less stringent.
Idk the Crosby draft is one of the most suspect drafts in sports thst I can remember.

Team about to fold and they get the greatest prospect of the last like 40-50 years? Ok then lmao. Especially when it’s the draft where so many teams had equal odds.

Reactions: Superstar

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
It was a high stick , but also great acting. Great acting should always be rewarded with a couple of minutes in the bin.

This was u must win game for TB . Next is a must win for both , let se how we respond.

We realy need the first goal that game.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
For anyone smelling a fish when it comes to officiating and just overall smell, then watching the movie, Rat Race, is a must see.

I have been around the top crust s to know from day one this was going seven and that the Leafs would finally be let out of the pen.

So lets say, I knew this was going seven in game one. What did that provide me? A stress free first six games, that is for sure.

When I was a complete fan(foolish and naive) I would have suffered the past week and a half like the most emotional here, but after some eye opening life experiences, now I watch a series and just enjoy the individual players.

I have to say when Leafs went up 3-2, I questioned whether I had interpreted certain signals properly, indicating a game seven ultimately.

But we know what happened after that

So, for me, I have been watching Hedman quite closely, and wow, what a player. Its no wonder with a guy like that, and Vasilevsky behind him, that the Bolts have had quite a competitive team.

Kucherov of course is world class tricky, and comes complete with a face, that you just want to drill with a right hand.

Brayden Point, is a whirlwind, and he is also, for a guy wanting the Leafs to win, very unlikeable.

Cirelli, is a real force behind those two, bearing a striking resemblance to Adam Driver at the same time.

Its too bad the Leafs had to lose last night, because I think John Tavares silenced a few critics in the process.

Campbell has proven to be good to very good.

So the TABLE IS SET!!. I am not too up for the game, because I suspect, I have decoded the final result anyways, but it doesn't mean I won't enjoy two of the most skilled teams in NHL history go at it.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Game was there for the taking and they threw it away.
Wonder how many Kerfoot jerseys were burnt last night. Tough being the goat but well deserved by him last night.

Reactions: Atomos2

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
There's also gambling to grow the business, that's what Bettman wants...if there are less US teams playing in the playoffs, how are they going to give exposure to the US fans and the US market to grow the gambling market? Unfortunately, Bettman's business plan doesn't involve Canadian teams succeeding in the playoffs.
If what you are saying is true then the Oilers would have lost tonight and Calgary would have lost the other night to give Dallas the series lead.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Can't wait for dubas to come out again and say that he believes in this core to get it done after another game 7 loss.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Leafs can win if they played like they did in last 2 games. What worries me is Campbell. With pressure to win and advance in elimination game at home ice, he might just self implode.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
It was a high stick , but also great acting. Great acting should always be rewarded with a couple of minutes in the bin.

This was u must win game for TB . Next is a must win for both , let se how we respond.

We realy need the first goal that game.
A high sticking penalty the stick has to hit the face or head and it didn't, the ref was fooled. On live action I may have been fooled too, but for most of the night they weren't calling much and they shouln't have started in the 3rd.

Bigmarycombo

Jul 15, 2017
Who in their right mind would actually believe that
Carolina would beat Boston in Boston to close out the series
Leafs would beat Tampa in Tampa to close out the series

The NHL and their refs would never let that happen

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
It was one of the last games of the season, Kerfoot did something stupid and I thought to myself, that guy is going to do something so stupid its going to cost us the series ... well he did two stupid things that cost us the series last night, his stupid shit was directly responsible for 2 of TB goals. Stupid... stupid... stupid... if that dude can get into Harvard ... I'm sending in my application on Monday...

• Haha
Reactions: IPS

DcW

Feb 27, 2018
Tampa doesn’t give up gift goals. Leafs killed by brutal turnovers again

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
5 on 3 pity calls for the team on the brink of elimination. Such a gimmick to get to overtime. Typical BS and of course the Leafs don't get a soft make up call.

Game two reffing left a sour taste in my mouth. After this game, I am genuinely turned off by the sport.

It's a repeated narrative this series, inconsistent, even predictable. The calls are continually one sided and timely, when one team can rely on a bailout PP, another.5.on 3 to save their season., while the other team received one PP in four periors of hockey.

Win or lose, my attention and dollars will go elsewhere after this season. The NHL feels more like the WWE or old NBA reffing, It is hurting the Leafs brand and ability to capture a new generation of fans. that's for sure.

In the long run, it will definitely hurt the NHL.

Reactions: OddyOh

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
I have absolutely no trust in this team in game 7. I've been through this song and dance far too many times

I'm still gonna watch
I'm still gonna jump up and scream when they score a goal
I'm still gonna believe they will win when they are up in the game

I know a heartbreak is coming on Saturday. I just f***ing know it

Westlander

the olden time
Aug 31, 2004
The Netherlands
A high sticking penalty the stick has to hit the face or head and it didn't, the ref was fooled. On live action I may have been fooled too, but for most of the night they weren't calling much and they shouln't have started in the 3rd.
This is it. I’m not necessarily a fan ‘putting the whistles away’ but if they decide to do that, then do it.
Likewise if they want to call everything, then do that, and see where things end up.
But pick a lane and stick to it, one way or the other.

Last edited:
Reactions: IBeL34f and OddyOh

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I have absolutely no trust in this team in game 7. I've been through this song and dance far too many times

I'm still gonna watch
I'm still gonna jump up and scream when they score a goal
I'm still gonna believe they will win when they are up in the game

I know a heartbreak is coming on Saturday. I just f***ing know it
This is exactly it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad