Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
They played a great game. Deserved the win
I agree they played a great game but I think TB did as well. This was I thought the best game of the series by far, two great teams going at it and it could have easily gone either way. So great to see 5 on 5 hockey for most of the night, hopefully the next game is similar. What a treat to watch this team play, obviously hoping tomorrow isn't the last time we see this lineup play.

Both teams came out the way I thought they would, playing their asses off and playing tight defensively. Should be another great one tomorrow!

I refuse to get caught up in defeatist emotions (at least until Sunday haha) and I absolutely believe this team can take this thing. f*** the past. We're at home tomorrow which is huge and we are the favorites to win because of that. The fans should be rocking the house tomorrow night and give us that edge we could dearly use.

GLG!!!!!!!

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
the refs f***ed us. I’m still mad

Yup they sure did and we knew that was coming, I said the refs would decide the game before teh game started in the GDT thread.

They called a PI on Kampft, the ref called what he thought he saw vs what actually happened, Kampfts stick hit TB's shoulder, never touched his head and in OT a TB player grabbed Matthews jersey in the slot for at least 5 steamboats, it was obvious to anyone watching that it was ahold and no PIM.. so F the refs and F the NHL for their "game management."

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
A high sticking penalty the stick has to hit the face or head and it didn't, the ref was fooled. On live action I may have been fooled too, but for most of the night they weren't calling much and they shouln't have started in the 3rd.
I thought i was hard to see if he had any contact at all with the face when he took the stick back from the shoulder, but i take your eord for it. Even if he did have a tiny contact, it was a overly dramatic reaction from the lightning dude(dont care to know the names of them).

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Cannot disagree. Just wondering, more worrying, how their mental state is as they head into another series clinching game with an 0-9 record? I picked us to win the series in 6... I have little to no confidence we can win a game 7 vs a veteran team. I think we can... I don't think we know how.

Really it's a tossup. I think they should've won in 6 and were screwed by bad reffing and a gross embellishing team. I'm less confident now but that comes with the territory of going to game 7 every single time but never advancing past the 1st round. I do have hope and man am I ever glad we get to play it on home ice.

Ice looked like garbage from about 10 mins into the 1st period. Strong skaters like Nylander, Rielly, marner were having trouble with it all night

Yeah that ice was atrocious.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
I thought the Leafs played great. Just attack from the whistle Saturday. Maybe get in the crease a bit.

Reactions: binop7

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
When it comes to officiating this series I honestly thought it’d be worse; they haven’t been that bad either way. I was expecting worse.

Those 5 on 3 penalties are tough calls to make, easy to make a mistake there; I don’t even know what the ruling is for the case of Hedman assisting Kerfoot’s high-stick. I think Kerfoot is responsible for his own stick there.

Home ice advantage in game 7, ball is in their court.

Reactions: banks

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
👍excellent

👍this!!
I’m not worried about Saturday. It should have ended last night.
100% agreed. I'm pretty upset at the refs. It really seemed they wanted OT. Even the USA feed the panel called the first high stick a bad call and the second one questionable since Hedman lifted the stick into his own face.
I agree they played a great game but I think TB did as well. This was I thought the best game of the series by far, two great teams going at it and it could have easily gone either way. So great to see 5 on 5 hockey for most of the night, hopefully the next game is similar. What a treat to watch this team play, obviously hoping tomorrow isn't the last time we see this lineup play.

Both teams came out the way I thought they would, playing their asses off and playing tight defensively. Should be another great one tomorrow!

I refuse to get caught up in defeatist emotions (at least until Sunday haha) and I absolutely believe this team can take this thing. f*** the past. We're at home tomorrow which is huge and we are the favorites to win because of that. The fans should be rocking the house tomorrow night and give us that edge we could dearly use.

GLG!!!!!!!
Great post Gary. Agreed with you.
Looks like I will be missing game 7 so please scream twice as loud at the tv for me hahahaha

Reactions: Gary Nylund

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I was really looking forward to calling in this morning and a stress-free weekend, but hey. Game 7 lets them exorcise all the demons at once.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
I woke up this morning agitated after a restless night of sleep. Not that we had lost, but how we lost. A combination of self inflicted damage (Kerfoot) and poor reffing (bogus call against us, none for us).

But then, I thought, we're not eliminated yet. It was tough enduring that game, but we've still got a chance to win on Saturday. I'm comforted by the fact we've been the better team for the most part and our core realizes the importance of winning this game. We can do this. Let's spend the next day or so being positive.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
100% agreed. I'm pretty upset at the refs. It really seemed they wanted OT. Even the USA feed the panel called the first high stick a bad call and the second one questionable since Hedman lifted the stick into his own face.

Great post Gary. Agreed with you.
Looks like I will be missing game 7 so please scream twice as loud at the tv for me hahahaha
You're going to miss the game? That sucks, sorry to hear that. I'll be screaming loud enough for both of us, no problem there. I just hope they're screams of joy as opposed to screams of anguish.

I was really looking forward to calling in this morning and a stress-free weekend, but hey. Game 7 lets them exorcise all the demons at once.
Yes, let's!!

Reactions: saltming

Leaffan197703

May 29, 2021
I think the nhl needs to incorporate a challenge that is used in the NBA to challenge questionable penalties the NBA gives each team one challenge to have a video replay of the questionable penalty. If we had that here the leafs would have been in the second round already

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Well, I didn't get to replace my avatar last night. I hope and pray that I get to late on Saturday night !!!

Go Leafs Go !!!

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
It’s a painstaking process but at least in the last 22 years, no team in the playoffs has played 3 consecutive games with a 5 on 3 PP besides the Tampa Bay Lightning against the Leafs this year. I’m sure it goes back even further but there is no site with easy filters to find this info.

Just crazy when you think about it because that is 22*8=176 playoff SERIES.

• Wow
Reactions: OddyOh

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
My son has to attend his girfriend's birthday party and apparently the restaurant doesn't have tv sets. What is this, the 1950's? He feels so bad, but he has to go......right? 😜
He can watch it on his phone or record it and avoid hearing the outcome outcome and watch it when he can. I do that when I have too work nights. I worked last night got home and watched it in about an hour. Thank goodness I am off this weekend. I probably should go to bed, but I really am too wired. I wish your son good luck.

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Two good teams went toe to toe last night, it was an even game overall but I thought we were playing textbook with the lead hockey in the 3rd and then were clearly better in OT. Obviously there were a couple mistakes that cost us last night, but there are always going to be a couple mistakes, you can't dwell on that too much.

Controlled OT but they got the break through - sucks but that's just the way it goes sometimes. Play like we've showed we can right off the hop next game and avoid having to come back again, then it's just a matter of playing through the nerves- can they do it? I guess we'll find out on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad