Rumor: Leafs and Oilers will not be looking for a Goalie at the Trade Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
As Koskinen gets scored on the 1st shot against….by a guy that hadn’t scored in 58 games….

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
But that wasn't your question, was it?
My question was “who is AVAILABLE that would be an upgrade?”…that poster responded with 2 guys that haven’t been reported as available….so seeing as you’ve chimed in, maybe you’d like to answer?

Reactions: Taylorst

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
My question was “who is AVAILABLE that would be an upgrade?”…that poster responded with 2 guys that haven’t been reported as available….so seeing as you’ve chimed in, maybe you’d like to answer?
If the question is "Who is available?", there's either no need to add "The Leafs can't afford him" or the question should have been "Who is available that the Leafs can afford?"

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
If the question is "Who is available?", there's either no need to add "The Leafs can't afford him" or the question should have been "Who is available that the Leafs can afford?"
Oh, so by me saying “ Even IF Gibson were available, which I highly doubt, the Leafs couldn’t afford him”, somehow didn’t make sense to you? I guess next time I will simple it down for you.

And I guess you can’t answer the question either….but thanks for chiming in.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Oh, so by me saying “ Even IF Gibson were available, which I highly doubt, the Leafs couldn’t afford him”, somehow didn’t make sense to you? I guess next time I will simple it down for you.

And I guess you can’t answer the question either….but thanks for chiming in.
And again you're missing the point.

The bolded wasn't your question...

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
And again you're missing the point.

The bolded wasn't your question...
You bored? I mean what the Hell are you even arguing about? Lol

I mean the poster answered my question by listing 2 players that aren’t reported as available….I guess the next time that happens, I’ll tag you and ask how I should respond.

And you’ve now chimed in multiple times in something that had zero to do with you and still haven’t answered the original question yourself? You trying to meet a post quota or something?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelly

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Looking at the league in General, we don't see a select few or group of goalies who are always in the top 5 or potentially future hall of famers.

So now with that in mind who is available that any team considering a upgrade can trade for and afford , not to mention is a guarantee to help that team?

At this point don't expect to see some big name goalie get moved ...

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Outside the top contenders, it doesn't matter who's "available". You just have to pay more to pry loose the goalie you want. Not that the Oilers have much for assets to offer though.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Outside the top contenders, it doesn't matter who's "available". You just have to pay more to pry loose the goalie you want. Not that the Oilers have much for assets to offer though.

They do, it just depends on whether Holland is willing to deal them.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
They do, it just depends on whether Holland is willing to deal them.

I agree Slightly with your assessment, what is Holland if any willing to move , but that leads me back to edmonton doesn't truly have a ton of assets and there 1st round picks wouldn't be high enough for any team to have there pickings....

It was just 2 years ago edmonton needed to make a front office change because the team that had been drafting and building wasn't going anywhere with that group lots of disappointments... outside of drai and McDavid Edmonton is merely just a playoff team but not a dangerous team to go far enough.... just my opinion

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I agree Slightly with your assessment, what is Holland if any willing to move , but that leads me back to edmonton doesn't truly have a ton of assets and there 1st round picks wouldn't be high enough for any team to have there pickings....

It was just 2 years ago edmonton needed to make a front office change because the team that had been drafting and building wasn't going anywhere with that group lots of disappointments... outside of drai and McDavid Edmonton is merely just a playoff team but not a dangerous team to go far enough.... just my opinion

Their drafting has gotten a lot better over the past few years. They've been hitting with their picks outside of the 1st round which is good to see (Ethan bear was a 5th rounder, Caleb Jones was a 4th, guys like Petrov and Tullio are coming along, McLeod was a 2nd round pick, Niemelainen was a 3rd, Lagesson was a 4th and most of these guys are playing in the NHL right now). They do have some really good prospects like Holloway, Broberg, Bougault and all of their 1sts so if Holland wanted to put together a package he could. I just don't see him having the wherewithal to do it.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Amazing. I argue half of us on these boards could manage NHL rosters better than these GM's. How do you not address a glaring hole?
Old boys club. He's been rich and guaranteed a high-paying, low effort job for decades. He can always blame the coaches and players. No concept of being wrong because no possibility of consequences.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
People are reading too much into this. Dubas has to convey confidence in our tandem until he makes a move.

It's not unreasonable to think Campbell can rebound and that with some games Mrazek will round into form. If nothing changes then he has to take steps.

I'm concerned but not ready to panic yet much as HF is projecting that notion.

Reactions: Makaveli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad