Proposal: leafs and bruins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Senyshen is not a blue chip prospect, the bruins could have chosen several last year with their clutch of picks, but didn't. Irony is Senyshen probably holds the highest value of the three guys taken, but the leafs have 2-3 better RW prospects depending on whether Nylander makes the switch permanent.

Stop trying to fleece us Boston

I can agree with most of this, except for the 2-3 RW prospect comment that I will withhold comment on because I don't know enough about them.

If you asked me for Senyshyn or next years 15th overall pick, I take Senyshyn without even thinking twice. But he isnt quite a blue chipper.

Henchmen 21

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
I can agree with most of this, except for the 2-3 RW prospect comment that I will withhold comment on because I don't know enough about them.

If you asked me for Senyshyn or next years 15th overall pick, I take Senyshyn without even thinking twice. But he isnt quite a blue chipper.

Nylander-Marner-Kapanen-Brown an argument could be made Senyshen slots between Marner and Kasp, but it's not a big gap between Sens and Kap. That's discounts guys like Leivo, Bracco, Johnson all with varying NHL potential.
Essentially RW is our most loaded position by far, we could use a senyshen, anyone could in their pool, but he's not something we'd go out of our way for.

And I would definately take that pick, but again value I'd say would be more or less equal, I would just rather take a defenseman 15th.

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
Gardiner would be a 5th or 6th Defencemen on a team trying to make the playoffs. He's no proven top 4 D; as some call him.

Very Reminiscent of when the Oilers held Ladislav Smid in such high regard when he was "a Top Pairing defenseman" for them. Not saying their games match up, but I do think what's lost sometimes is that even if a guy is a top pairing Dman (or 2nd pair I guess) that doesn't mean he would be on other teams.

I would say a 1st for him is generous and you are looking more at a Boychuk return. Whether that's worth it or not for TOR is a different issue but value wise that's where I would personally peg him, he's not a game changer in my eyes so that's why

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Nylander-Marner-Kapanen-Brown an argument could be made Senyshen slots between Marner and Kasp, but it's not a big gap between Sens and Kap. That's discounts guys like Leivo, Bracco, Johnson all with varying NHL potential.
Essentially RW is our most loaded position by far, we could use a senyshen, anyone could in their pool, but he's not something we'd go out of our way for.

And I would definately take that pick, but again value I'd say would be more or less equal, I would just rather take a defenseman 15th.

Yeah I mean RW depth in Boston is pretty meager after Heinen and Senyshyn, hence some of the reactions from Bruins fans.

Like everyone has said, doesn't make much sense for the Leafs.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
Folks who want a more complete picture of the prospects season that doesn't ignore the most important games. The playoffs comprised 28% of Marner's CHL games played last year, seems pretty silly to not use it as part of the evaluation. The larger the sample size, the more likely it's revealing the prospects true talent level.

Marner's too focused on winning to be kissing randoms and getting mono during the playoffs smdh.

His great playoffs should definitely be consider but what do you do for Senyshen? He had mono, obviously there was a reason for his decreased scoring, that has to be considered too.

And what exactly is your point? I started out by saying Marner is a better all around player, he just wasn't a better goal scorer last season and Senyshen was really not getting any credit for what he did do and now you want to continue with the trend of not giving him any credit. Why?

I'm not taking credit away from anyone who deserves it, I am saying Senyshen was as good of a goal scorer at this level or better than any of those players and the numbers are there to prove it. Goal scoring. Marner is a much better play makes and it isn't close but I think credit should be given where it is due.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yeah I mean RW depth in Boston is pretty meager after Heinen and Senyshyn, hence some of the reactions from Bruins fans.

Like everyone has said, doesn't make much sense for the Leafs.

Honestly it makes no sense for either team.

Gardiner is not the RD the Bruins need, and the Bruins are very unlikely to trade Senyshyn unless it is in a package for a true #1

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Honestly it makes no sense for either team.

Gardiner is not the RD the Bruins need, and the Bruins are very unlikely to trade Senyshyn unless it is in a package for a true #1

I think you're right, but The Bruins would welcome Gardiner with open arms. If the Bruins didn't need anything but RHD they wouldn't have drafted Zboril, Lauzon and Lindgren in recent drafts.

The whole premise is unrealistic, but in terms of this thread the value with a small plus isn't too far off IMO.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
His great playoffs should definitely be consider but what do you do for Senyshen? He had mono, obviously there was a reason for his decreased scoring, that has to be considered too.

And what exactly is your point? I started out by saying Marner is a better all around player, he just wasn't a better goal scorer last season and Senyshen was really not getting any credit for what he did do and now you want to continue with the trend of not giving him any credit. Why?

I'm not taking credit away from anyone who deserves it, I am saying Senyshen was as good of a goal scorer at this level or better than any of those players and the numbers are there to prove it. Goal scoring. Marner is a much better play makes and it isn't close but I think credit should be given where it is due.

Imho, Marner is what he is because he is an amazing playmaker. His goal scoring isn't the reason he was draft high. I would understand if Leafs fans were pumping Marner's tire saying their playmaker score as many goal as our goal scorer, but I don't understand how saying our goal scorer score as many goal as your playmaker pumps Senyshyn's tire.

Looking at NHL stat it's like saying look our Brock Nelson score as many goal as your Blake Wheeler (26 each). Well yeah cool, but Wheeler is a playmaker and that's why he has 52 assists to Nelson's 14. Those 26 goals are all what Nelson was good for, while those 26 goals where only a small part of what Wheeler was good for.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
Imho, Marner is what he is because he is an amazing playmaker. His goal scoring isn't the reason he was draft high. I would understand if Leafs fans were pumping Marner's tire saying their playmaker score as many goal as our goal scorer, but I don't understand how saying our goal scorer score as many goal as your playmaker pumps Senyshyn's tire.

Looking at NHL stat it's like saying look our Brock Nelson score as many goal as your Blake Wheeler (26 each). Well yeah cool, but Wheeler is a playmaker and that's why he has 52 assists to Nelson's 14. Those 26 goals are all what Nelson was good for, while those 26 goals where only a small part of what Wheeler was good for.

I am not getting your point, I don't really understand what this has to do with anything I have said. Every post I have said that Marner is the better player. All I said is that Senyshen is a good goal scorer and that he has scored at a rate better than those other players or at least as good. I said people have not been giving Senyshen credit for what he did do, nowhere did I say anything about him being a better player than anyone.

some people in this thread seemed to me to be not giving Senyshen enough credit for what he did do, I said if he keeps it up his value will be pretty high. Somehow this is seen as wrong? I didn't take credit away from any player on that list, I didn't belittle any of their accomplishments, all I said was that Senyshen scored as many or more goals last year as any of those players. There is nothing else to read into that, that is a fact. Give the kid credit for being a good goal scorer last year because he was.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Leaf fans are the best! They make Gardiner out to be a stud #1-2 type of dman.

They also believe Babcock to be some sort of magician who can make Jake better than he really is.

Gardiner is a 2nd pairing dman (#4) at best. And no, he's not better than Krug in any way, shape or form. Krug played with one arm last year and still out produced Gardiner.

Somebody on here said Jake Gardiner is better right now than Chara which tells you all you need to know about some posters.

I don't dislike Gardiner at all. I think he's pretty good but not worth one of Boston's top prospects. And yes, if Senyshyn played for the Knights he's probably score 60 goals on that loaded team. Imagine, Aaron Berisha scored 45 and Picchinic scored 30 with the Knights.

Would Leaf fans think a trade of Nylander for Krug is fair value? Doubt it.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON

They also believe Babcock to be some sort of magician who can make Jake better than he really is.

Gardiner is a 2nd pairing dman (#4) at best. And no, he's not better than Krug in any way, shape or form. Krug played with one arm last year and still out produced Gardiner.

Somebody on here said Jake Gardiner is better right now than Chara which tells you all you need to know about some posters.

I don't dislike Gardiner at all. I think he's pretty good but not worth one of Boston's top prospects. And yes, if Senyshyn played for the Knights he's probably score 60 goals on that loaded team. Imagine, Aaron Berisha scored 45 and Picchinic scored 30 with the Knights.

:laugh:

Nice.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel

By pretty much every metric Gardiner is a number 3 d-man at worst. Elite possession player and great defensively. WOWYs show that Gardiner makes pretty much every teammate better (and most times substantially), but yeah he's a number 4 at best.

Also, lol at Senyshyn scoring 60 on the Knights.

Kitchener Boy

Apr 9, 2012
Kitchener
By pretty much every metric Gardiner is a number 3 d-man at worst. Elite possession player and great defensively. WOWYs show that Gardiner makes pretty much every teammate better (and most times substantially), but yeah he's a number 4 at best.

Also, lol at Senyshyn scoring 60 on the Knights.

Elite and Gardiner don't belong in the same sentence.

DrTucker

Jan 29, 2015
Halifax

Hey man, for maybe another year I'd take Chara over Gardiner, however longterm Chara has 1 maybe 2 years of decent hockey left in him. His foot speed has fallen off considerably. Gardiner should be a #3 or better defensman for another ~10 years. Any GM with half a brain would take Gardiner over Chara for a long term player.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa

BAHAHAHAHA. So you think Sensyshyn is on the same level as Nylander.
Lmfao

DrTucker

Jan 29, 2015
Halifax
Gardiner next year is better than any Bruin defenseman

+1 Krug may be the only one to challenge this statement, but I feel Gardiner would be the Bruins undisputed number 1 D'man if he was traded there...but he won't so it's kind of a mute point

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
+1 Krug may be the only one to challenge this statement, but I feel Gardiner would be the Bruins undisputed number 1 D'man if he was traded there...but he won't so it's kind of a mute point

Gardiner would've been the #1 when Orr was playing.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

If the Bruins are looking for a good top 4 defenseman they can look elsewhere if the cost is 2 1sts, +, and get a player worth the cost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad