Proposal: leafs and bruins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Lmfao not a chance

Dman 1 Career Stats

Games: 241
Goals: 30
Assists: 95
Plus/Minus: +38
TOI: 19:38
Corsi: 53.8
Fenwick: 53.1

Dman 2 Career Stats

Games: 325
Goals: 28
Assists: 92
Plus/Minus: -44
TOI: 21:02
Corsi: 50.4
Fenwick: 48.5

I'll let you figure out who's who. Still laughing?

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Dman 1 Career Stats

Dman 2 Career Stats

Ages and points look comparable.
Now, do both these guys play for the same team? Similar teams? They both play with Norris,Selke and Vezina players? They both are on contending teams? The other 4 guys on the ice are usually high quality?
One doesn't play for a 30th place team do they? Was that slipped in here? If you were to switch these players does the team make a difference over the past 5 years?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Ages and points look comparable.
Now, do both these guys play for the same team? Similar teams? They both play with Norris,Selke and Vezina players? They both are on contending teams? The other 4 guys on the ice are usually high quality?
One doesn't play for a 30th place team do they? Was that slipped in here? If you were to switch these players does the team make a difference over the past 5 years?

Switching a better player would usually make a difference to overall results, yes.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
Marner > Senyshyn, Nylander > Senyshyn, JVR > Senyshyn, Soshnikov > Senyshyn...see where I'm going with this?

None of those guys has ever scored as many goals as Senyshen has. Some of them may be more complete players but if Senyshen develops his goal scoring and continues to score goals at a higher rate than any of those players he is going to have some pretty good value. He is what he is and he seems to be improving while scoring goals at a higher rate than Marner in the same year in the same league.

I'm not the type of guy who thinks goal scoring is the be all end all of a players worth but Senyshen is certainly better than some people here are giving him credit for being.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
No from Boston.

Gardiner would be behind Chara and Krug on the left side and the Bruins have a ton of left shot dmen in the system.

Senyshyn has 30 + goal potential.

Leaf fans getting way too excited over Gardiner.

30 goal potential in the OHL.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
None of those guys has ever scored as many goals as Senyshen has. Some of them may be more complete players but if Senyshen develops his goal scoring and continues to score goals at a higher rate than any of those players he is going to have some pretty good value. He is what he is and he seems to be improving while scoring goals at a higher rate than Marner in the same year in the same league.

I'm not the type of guy who thinks goal scoring is the be all end all of a players worth but Senyshen is certainly better than some people here are giving him credit for being.

Technically, Mitch Marner scored at a higher rate than Senyshyn but had fewer goals because he was called onto to do stuff like the WJC.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I agree. At this time I see similar players, much better team.

I see Gardiner as a good, but inconsistent top 4 guy. He's had a lot of ups and downs with stretches of looking like a dominant puck mover followed by long stretches of looking inept and weak with the puck and his own zone. Krug is by far the more consistent of the two. I see them both as very good puck movers with Krug being a better offensive player. On defense, it's about even. Krug also takes care of the puck much better ( far less giveaways ).

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I love hfboards...where Gardiner can go from untouchable to a throw in within every trade to worth 2 firsts on page 1 of this thread. Keeps me coming back for more...

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Dman 1 Career Stats

Dman 2 Career Stats

Hilarious to use raw Corsi/Fenwick instead of Rel stats, especially considering how much better Boston has been possession wise over their careers. It's actually incredible how good Gardiner's Corsi is considering the Leafs have been a bottom 5 possession team for his entire career until last season.

Wow, Krug has a better Plus/Minus over their careers? I'm sold!

Last edited:

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
No. Gardiner is untouchable and right now, the Leafs' best d-man.

Hilarious to use raw Corsi/Fenwick instead of Rel stats, especially considering how much better Boston has been possession wise over their careers. It's actually incredible how good Gardiner's Corsi is considering the Leafs have been a bottom 5 possession team for his entire career until last season.

Wow, Krug has a better Plus/Minus over their careers? I'm sold!

Yeah, that cracked me up as well. The Carlyle coached Leafs were a historically poor possession team.

Also, it's always hilarious when someone calls Gardiner "bad" or "inconsistent" defensively, since his defensive metrics are superb.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
Technically, Mitch Marner scored at a higher rate than Senyshyn but had fewer goals because he was called onto to do stuff like the WJC.

Mitch Marner .684 goals per game
Zach Senyshen .681 goals per game

Yeah, slightly higher, but my point was that I think some people just aren't giving the guy his due. This makes it pretty easy to see, same league and year. Marner is better in other areas, there is no doubt who is the better all around player right now.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Mitch Marner .684 goals per game
Zach Senyshen .681 goals per game

Yeah, slightly higher, but my point was that I think some people just aren't giving the guy his due. This makes it pretty easy to see, same league and year. Marner is better in other areas, there is no doubt who is the better all around player right now.

Can't help but notice that you did not count the playoffs in your tallys. Marner scored 18 goals in 22 games including the Memorial Cup. Senyshen had 2 goals in 12 games. So over the entire year...

Marner: .72 goals per game
Senyshen: .60 goals per game

Not quite as close.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
No. Gardiner is untouchable and right now, the Leafs' best d-man.

Yeah, that cracked me up as well. The Carlyle coached Leafs were a historically poor possession team.

Also, it's always hilarious when someone calls Gardiner "bad" or "inconsistent" defensively, since his defensive metrics are superb.

Gardiner has always been known for making bad decisions with the puck and he also doesn't play on shorthanded teams either. That's not the usually benchmarks of someone who's superb in the defensive zone.

CamelToews

Dec 16, 2015
Leafs wouldn't do it, value wise and needs wise.

Value wise its probably close. Senyshyn proved he was worth the 15th overall pick last year and is a fantastic goal scorer. Add from Boston a little and maybe its close. Irrelevant though, TML need D men not scoring prospects.

Well said.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Gardiner is mentally weak. He plays better every year once the games don't matter anymore. He's not a Bruin-type player either, Sweeney wouldn't be interested.

This is, without a doubt, the worst and silliest post in this thread. Bravo.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
So we trade our 2nd best dman for a prospect we don't even need. Brilliant.

This thread is just another example of how underrated Jake Gardiner is.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
Can't help but notice that you did not count the playoffs in your tallys. Marner scored 18 goals in 22 games including the Memorial Cup. Senyshen had 2 goals in 12 games. So over the entire year...

Marner: .72 goals per game
Senyshen: .60 goals per game

Not quite as close.

Who ever counts playoffs with regular season stats? You failed to mention that Senyshen got mono and probably had it or at least caught it during the playoffs.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I love hfboards...where Gardiner can go from untouchable to a throw in within every trade to worth 2 firsts on page 1 of this thread. Keeps me coming back for more...

Re bolded... It's the Matthews effect.

Because Toronto drafted a 1st OA, somehow their fan base seems to think that it improves all other players a few notches. :laugh:
Look in this very thread and you will see someone even putting the word "elite" in a phrase with Gardiner. :laugh:

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Who ever counts playoffs with regular season stats? You failed to mention that Senyshen got mono and probably had it or at least caught it during the playoffs.

Folks who want a more complete picture of the prospects season that doesn't ignore the most important games. The playoffs comprised 28% of Marner's CHL games played last year, seems pretty silly to not use it as part of the evaluation. The larger the sample size, the more likely it's revealing the prospects true talent level.

Marner's too focused on winning to be kissing randoms and getting mono during the playoffs smdh.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston

Or when posters say he stinks because he was on a bad team ,There is a reason your team stinks its your players

You're great young players are not very good :laugh:

Not you by the way

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Or when posters say he stinks because he was on a bad team ,There is a reason your team stinks its your players

You're great young players are not very good :laugh:

Not you by the way

Yeah if you're on a bad team you can't be a good player. That's how it works. People forget that.

Henchmen 21

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Senyshen is not a blue chip prospect, the bruins could have chosen several last year with their clutch of picks, but didn't. Irony is Senyshen probably holds the highest value of the three guys taken, but the leafs have 2-3 better RW prospects depending on whether Nylander makes the switch permanent.

Stop trying to fleece us Boston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad