Proposal: leafs and bruins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Gardiner would be a 5th or 6th Defencemen on a team trying to make the playoffs. He's no proven top 4 D; as some call him.

:biglaugh:

Clearly you've never seen Gardiner play, or even looked at his advanced stats. Look at my last post, should tell you something.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Gardiner isn't worth 2 1sts.

It's not two 1sts, it's a mid-late 1st and prospect that the Leafs may or may not value nearly as high as Boston does. Just because Boston reached to draft him 25 spots ahead of where he was projected to go doesn't automatically make him worth that. I think he's a decent prospect who had a nice jump in goals last season, but was still under a ppg in his draft+1 year which doesn't exactly scream blue chipper. For sure you're adding on top of him big time if you want a guy like Gardiner.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
guys like gardiner, bozak, and kadri will not be leafs in 2 years so if you can't see what leaf management is trying to accomplish you do not know how lamorillo, babcock, hunter, dubas, do business. I can see gardiner being dealt for senyshen, and also can see bozak and kadri being dealt in the near future as well.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
It's not two 1sts, it's a mid-late 1st and prospect that the Leafs may or may not value nearly as high as Boston does. Just because Boston reached to draft him 25 spots ahead of where he was projected to go doesn't automatically make him worth that. I think he's a decent prospect who had a nice jump in goals last season, but was still under a ppg in his draft+1 year which doesn't exactly scream blue chipper. For sure you're adding on top of him big time if you want a guy like Gardiner.

Ironically he's he only one who lived up to his draft slot, considering how much of a reach he is. He's easily worth a 15th overall pick.

Can't see the Bruins having any interest in "adding big time" to get Gardiner so looks like there's no deal here.

He's definitely a top four d man despite what some are saying though, id love to have him.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Ironically he's he only one who lived up to his draft slot, considering how much of a reach he is. He's easily worth a 15th overall pick.

Can't see the Bruins having any interest in "adding big time" to get Gardiner so looks like there's no deal here.

He's definitely a top four d man despite what some are saying though, id love to have him.

Ya that's fair enough. I don't think this trade really suits either side's needs anyway. TO has way too many winger prospects as it is and their biggest need is D so it really wouldn't make any sense for them.

Hally BlackWood

Jul 31, 2010
Thunder Bay
guys like gardiner, bozak, and kadri will not be leafs in 2 years so if you can't see what leaf management is trying to accomplish you do not know how lamorillo, babcock, hunter, dubas, do business. I can see gardiner being dealt for senyshen, and also can see bozak and kadri being dealt in the near future as well.

Been a devils fan for years. I can say without a doubt you have no idea how Lou runs his ship.

Babcock really likes Gardiner he's not going anywhere. Also kadri just signed long term, he will be sticking around.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland

Senyshyn IS a first round pick: that is where he was picked and his play in the year since he was drafted hasn't done anything to disprove that. Besides that, Gardiner is not the kind of player we would be targeting.

If we would package Senyshyn + a 1st round pick, we could add someone like Spooner and get a much higher profile than Jake Gardiner who never "exactly screams blue chipper" since he entered the league.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
No from Boston.

Gardiner would be behind Chara and Krug on the left side and the Bruins have a ton of left shot dmen in the system.

Senyshyn has 30 + goal potential.

Leaf fans getting way too excited over Gardiner.

Gardiner is better than both. He would be your best defenseman according to advanced stats and the eye test. He has elite shot suppression numbers on a garbage team and has an elite skating ability.

He played extremely well last year in a structured system.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Senyshyn IS a first round pick: that is where he was picked and his play in the year since he was drafted hasn't done anything to disprove that. Besides that, Gardiner is not the kind of player we would be targeting.

If we would package Senyshyn + a 1st round pick, we could add someone like Spooner and get a much higher profile than Jake Gardiner who never "exactly screams blue chipper" since he entered the league.

Making the nhl all rookie team his first season definitely does scream blue chipper. You're drastically underrating Gardiner here. He didn't progress as hoped the couple years after his rookie season, but then took enormous strides last season under Babcock to the point where he's a well above average 2nd pairing guy, and not just for Toronto's standards either. Just look at the advanced stats; it's all there and not biased. The only reason people refuse to accept how far he's come along is because he plays for the Leafs so people assume he's only good compared to the rest of our crap team. Believe me, I get it. This guy is going nowhere though and for good reason.

Last edited:

dream43

Nov 19, 2013

Bozak maybe but why would they trade Kadri and Gardner? They are both fairly young and will be beginning there prime years then

We have Nylander/Marner, Kapanen, Brown already who all play the right side what logic is there that suggests that we would move Gards who is one of our only 2 Top 4 Dman (Rielly being other) for a rw?? Senyshen is not even enough of a major upgrade over any of the above mentioned for the leafs to trade somebody from a position of desprete need.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
So a #3 defenseman for a prospect at a position we are loaded at?

Doesn't help us at all.

I know it's in vogue to hate on Gardiner but he was as good as you could possibly hope for this season. He fits in great with our system. We pass.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Yeah...no. not at all what we are looking for or need. Zboril and a 1st might garner interest, but after being the biggest gardiner critic forever- his play last year was really really good. If he keeps that up, there is no need to trade a smart pmd who has beauty wheels

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
lol no. we keep our #2-3 dman. we dont need any more winger prospects

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
No from Boston.

Gardiner would be behind Chara and Krug on the left side and the Bruins have a ton of left shot dmen in the system.

Senyshyn has 30 + goal potential.

Leaf fans getting way too excited over Gardiner.

bruins fans getting way too excited over a kid that still didnt even get a ppg in the OHL in draft +1. most had this guy pegged as a mid to late 2nd. no chance in hell the leafs move their 2nd best dman for that.

leafs laugh and hang up and this thread is locked

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
bruins fans getting way too excited over a kid that still didnt even get a ppg in the OHL in draft +1. most had this guy pegged as a mid to late 2nd. no chance in hell the leafs move their 2nd best dman for that.

leafs laugh and hang up and this thread is locked
Funny you should say that he was pegged as a mid to late 2nd rounder when it was rumored the Maple Leafs were going to draft him at #24, ended up trading out of the 1st round shortly after. No one wants their team's prospects to fail, and I doubt you would be saying the same if the Maple Leafs drafted him.

Regardless, the Maple Leafs don't do it because they need Gardiner more than they need more wing prospects, and the Bruins don't do it because they are aren't going to trade one of their top 3 prospects that fills a need without someone just as young and with just as much potential coming back.

Last edited:

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Toronto needs to add a second + for the bruins taking on Gardiners boat anchor contract.

4million for a 20min/night guy with elite advanced stats?
continue to embarrass the bruins fan base

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Funny you should say that he should've been pegged as a mid to late 2nd rounder when it was rumored the Maple Leafs were going to draft him at #24, ended up trading out of the 1st round shortly after. No one wants their team's prospects to fail, and I doubt you would be saying the same if the Maple Leafs drafted him.

Regardless, the Maple Leafs don't do it because they need Gardiner more than they need more wing prospects, and the Bruins don't do it because they are aren't going to trade one of their top 3 prospects that fills a need without someone just as young and with just as much potential coming back.

this does nothing for the leafs. we have a tonne of winger prospects already and D is our biggest need. to move gardiner they would need to be blown away by a prospect offer (puljujarvi, dubois,juolevi).
no chance they move jake for a kapanen/brown level prospect. 0 chance

/endthread

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Gardiner is better than both. He would be your best defenseman according to advanced stats and the eye test. He has elite shot suppression numbers on a garbage team and has an elite skating ability.

He played extremely well last year in a structured system.

Krug is better than Gardiner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad