Player Discussion Lane Hutson Part 2

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I know we're all excited to have a guy as skilled as Hutson on the team, but the cheering just when he touches the puck is a bit much imo. :laugh:

The Bell center fans need to chill about that one. We don't want Hutson to think he has to do something spectacular every time he touches the puck just to impress the fans. His game is flashy enough as is, I just want him to play his game and no worry about what WE think.
It's the big build up, before the inevitable teardown lol

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
It’s fine, not an issue at all. Cheer all day long.
I guess, but the way I see it, when the fan cheer just because he has the puck on his stick, it means they're anticipating something spectacular. I just don't want it to affect his decision making. I know his IQ is very high, but he's still a 20 yo rookie, having 21 000 cheering just because the puck is on your stick might put unnecessary pressure on a young guy. That's just my opinion though

I'm cheering from my couch at home every time he has the puck. What do you expect , we have had a bottom 3 league wide entertainment product for like 15 years. Literally only Arizona and maybe Minnesota have iced more boring rosters with less skill than us during that span. Look it up. Its not pretty.
Yea I definitely get that, I am too in a way. I'm just pointing out the possible effect it could have on a rookie playing an already high-risk game

*edit: Just saw the Letang comments and he pretty much said the same thing about the crowd and Hutson having to be careful not to do too much just because of them

Last edited:
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I guess, but the way I see it, when the fan cheer just because he has the puck on his stick, it means they're anticipating something spectacular. I just don't want it to affect his decision making. I know his IQ is very high, but he's still a 20 yo rookie, having 21 000 cheering just because the puck is on your stick might put unnecessary pressure on a young guy. That's just my opinion though

Yea I definitely get that, I am too in a way. I'm just pointing out the possible effect it could have on a rookie playing an already high-risk game

*edit: Just saw the Letang comments and he pretty much said the same thing about the crowd and Hutson having to be careful not to do too much just because of them

I doubt it will affect Hutson. Making the jump from the NCAA to the nhl didn't scare him or affect him at all, so I don't see why fans cheering when he has the puck would affect him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad