Player Discussion Lane Hutson Part 2

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
We all like Ev ans. He is a hard working bottom-six center. But at some point, Habs have to make space for Kapanen, Beck… and Hage in a not too far future.

He is indeed a very different type of player - forward or D-man.
Speak for yourself. I’ve never been a fan of Evans.

Close to 50? And here I taught 65+ was a realistic possibility for him.
He will get 50 in his sleep.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
I know it’s lofty praise, but I don’t think Subban created as much every shift as Lane has so far.
I wish Lane had PK's shot, though.

That being said, he's just incredible. He creates a lot of scoring chances and he has so much hustle. I can't wait to see him and Demidov on the ice at the same time. Can you remember the last time Montreal had players like this?

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
He will learn. You gotta live with the rookies
Absolutely. There was also terrible attention to detail by forwards who weren't covering for #48 on his pinches. Tonight's lack of team defense looked like a bad beer league team full of selfish players.

We'll never be in position for meaningful games in March if this doesn't get cleaned up.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Absolutely. There was also terrible attention to detail by forwards who weren't covering for #48 on his pinches. Tonight's lack of team defense looked like a bad beer league team full of selfish players.

We'll never be in position for meaningful games in March if this doesn't get cleaned up.
👍

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I know it’s lofty praise, but I don’t think Subban created as much every shift as Lane has so far.
As crazy as it sounds, i'd have to agree. He's just that good.

To his credit, at his peak PK was also shutting down superstars and bringing a physical element at the other end.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
I know we're all excited to have a guy as skilled as Hutson on the team, but the cheering just when he touches the puck is a bit much imo. :laugh:

The Bell center fans need to chill about that one. We don't want Hutson to think he has to do something spectacular every time he touches the puck just to impress the fans. His game is flashy enough as is, I just want him to play his game and no worry about what WE think.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I know we're all excited to have a guy as skilled as Hutson on the team, but the cheering just when he touches the puck is a bit much imo. :laugh:

The Bell center fans need to chill about that one. We don't want Hutson to think he has to do something spectacular every time he touches the puck just to impress the fans. His game is flashy enough as is, I just want him to play his game and no worry about what WE think.
It’s fine, not an issue at all. Cheer all day long.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Subban was a physical beast, quick for his weight, and defensively sound. Don't let the post-trade propaganda campaign deceive you. The whole NHL was tilted against him and he still earned his reputation as a TopX dman for a god-damned reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad