Value of: Lafreniere Offer Sheet (1 year at $6.4M)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I could see him signing an offer sheet because he's kinda buried in New York due to their offensive depth. He doesn't get much Power Play time.

He had 39 points Last year. He had 1:23m/gm of pp.

Debrincat had 66 points. But he had 4:05m/gm on the pp.

If Laf was getting that much pptoi on a #1 unit his numbers would be a lot closer to a guy like debrincats. Probably 55-60 points.

And it would give him the reps and practice on a powerplay to be a much better player in a few years too.

But again, NYR are so stacked its hard for young guys to make that #1 unit.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
It’s kinda weird that Lukas Raymond is a star in waiting with Detroit and Lafreniere is never going to be a top 6 player.

They came out of the same draft and Raymond got top 6 opportunities all year long that Lafreniere never did, and got just 6 more points.

Buffalo fans say Jack Quinn is going to be a stud, same with the Jets and Cole Perfetti. How about Lukas Reichel and the Hawks? Each came from the same draft and have done less than Lafreniere has.

Stutzle is a stud. The rest of that draft, we haven’t got f***ing clue and don’t pretend you do.
Lol. Reichel was ppg in the AHL, and looked great with 15 points in 23 games with Chicago. Good skater, good shot, good passer, good hockey iq. You wouldn’t find a single Chicago fan who would trade him for Lafreniere.

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
Lol. Reichel was ppg in the AHL, and looked great with 15 points in 23 games with Chicago. Good skater, good shot, good passer, good hockey iq. You wouldn’t find a single Chicago fan who would trade him for Lafreniere.

I know. That’s how fan’s minds work with shiny new toys.

Wait another 5 or 6 years. And you’re talking about him like he’s Dominik Kubalik.

Oh, I know. This one is different.

• Haha
Reactions: hawksrule

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
I know. That’s how fan’s minds work with shiny new toys.

Wait another 5 or 6 years. And you’re talking about him like he’s Dominik Kubalik.

Oh, I know. This one is different.
That has no basis in reality, but if it makes you feel better about Lafreniere busting, who am I to take away your copium.

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
You’re pretending that you’ve watched Reichel? You obviously haven’t, and you’re spouting an opinion with your head in your ass.

I’ve barely watched him. Looked good.

My posts havent been about him. They’re about fans like you.

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
Oh, so you resent fans who actually watch players before giving opinions.

I think it’s amusing how many times I’ve heard fans say things like “my” 21-year-old with 15 career NHL points is going to be a star and “your” 21-year-old with 91 career NHL points is already a bust.

Every veteran winger with “negative” value was once a shiny prospect who had people posting how he was going to be star. Fans are sometimes right, but they’re always fickle.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
I think it’s amusing how many times I’ve heard fans say things like “my” 21-year-old with 15 career NHL points is going to be a star and “your” 21-year-old with 91 career NHL points is already a bust.

Every veteran winger with “negative” value was once a shiny prospect who had people posting how he was going to be star. Fans are sometimes right, but they’re always fickle.
My 21 year old had nearly half as many points in 23 games as yours did in an entire season. Reichel has shown so much more skill than Lafreniere, to even debate it is laughable. Your team picked a lemon. It happens.

Reactions: Voight

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
My 21 year old had nearly half as many points in 23 games as yours did in an entire season. Reichel has shown so much more skill than Lafreniere, to even debate it is laughable. Your team picked a lemon. It happens.

Like I said…

Remember when Kirby Dach was a bust?

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
Remember when Ryan Hartman sucked and you robbed the Preds for a 1st-rounder? How did that Nick Beaudin turn out?

How about that Adam Boqvist?

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
Teuvo Teravainen was a 30-point man at 21.
Good thing you dumped him before the league figured out he was a bust eh?

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Remember when Ryan Hartman sucked and you robbed the Preds for a 1st-rounder? How did that Nick Beaudin turn out?

How about that Adam Boqvist?
Am I responsible for Chicago’s bad picks and trades? What in the world are you going on about.

Stop deflecting. You gave an uninformed opinion on Reichel, who you’ve never watched, and rather than man up and walk it back, you’re throwing shit against the wall like a baby.

Reactions: Voight

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
Am I responsible for Chicago’s bad picks and trades? What in the world are you going on about.

Stop deflecting. You gave an uninformed opinion on Reichel, who you’ve never watched, and rather than man up and walk it back, you’re throwing shit against the wall like a baby.

You must be having a different conversation than I am.

I said Hawk fans think Reichel is going to be a star, that I’ve barely watched him and he looked good.

Which part should I be walking back?

If you‘re paying attention I’m talking about fans making sweeping conclusions about young players before they’ve established who they are.

You know, like you are about Lafreniere and Reichel?

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Teuvo Teravainen was a 30-point man at 21.
Good thing you dumped him before the league figured out he was a bust eh?
This is your dumbest post yet. Bowman included TT to get rid of an overpaid Bickell. We all loved TT. None of this has anything to do with Lafreniere sucking and you giving uninformed opinions on players you admittedly haven’t watched.

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
This is your dumbest post yet. Bowman included TT to get rid of an overpaid Bickell. We all loved TT. None of this has anything to do with Lafreniere sucking and you giving uninformed opinions on players you admittedly haven’t watched.

Running out things to say? You've used that one before.

Someone’s doing some deflecting here and it ain’t me.

Which Reichel statement should I be walking back?

Why are you any different than any other hyperbolic fanboi gushing over your shiny toy and piling on somebody else’s slump?

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Montreal is looking to be the worst team in the Atlantic and about bottom 2-3 in the East so that would sound awfully risky
This. The Rangers would not match, and with our luck, that pick would win the draft lottery.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Running out things to say? You've used that one before.

Someone’s doing some deflecting here and it ain’t me.

Which Reichel statement should I be walking back?

Why are you any different than any other hyperbolic fanboi gushing over your shiny toy and piling on somebody else’s slump?
This isn’t that complicated. I’ve watched both players. You haven’t. Your opinion was uninformed. Reichel is very good. Lafreniere is a bust. It’s really that simple. You can live in your delusional world where up is down, left is right, and we’re clamoring to trade our good player for your bust.

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
This isn’t that complicated. I’ve watched both players. You haven’t. Your opinion was uninformed. Reichel is very good. Lafreniere is a bust. It’s really that simple. You can live in your delusional world where up is down, left is right, and we’re clamoring to trade our good player for your bust.

These are facts because you say they are. I can’t think of a better way to prove my point.

You say I haven’t watched both players. I have.

You say my opinion was uninformed. You don’t know my opinion on either player, because I haven’t really shared it.

You misread my first post as saying Lafreniere was better than Reichel and you’ve continued to double down on that even after I told you that’s not what I am talking about at all.

And somehow you’ve come to the mistaken conclusion that I’m a fan of either Lafreniere or his team?

If you watch hockey as well as you read, good luck being right on either player.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Agreed.

No matter how you want to spin it, Reichel looks like a star in a vacuum or even compared to any player from his draft’s development.

Laf is disappointing.

Could Laf become a first overall pick worthy player? Maybe.

Could Reichel not end up being the offensive dynamo he’s trending to be? Maybe.

Everything’s a possibility, I know what I’ll bet on though.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sure, but the players who have a similar development curve to Laf don't get $6 million second contracts.

If you have faith in Lafreniere from age 22+ and you have the cap structure, you take the risk/rewards. If you don't have faith he can be a very good top 6F, and you don't have the cap structure, you don't do it.

Also, It's a KK type offersheet with a handshake deal on what his next contract would be after that year. We will see where Kotkaniemi tops out at during that 8 year extension. Canes did calculate the risk/rewards on KK. Might work, might not. I felt he improved last year but we are talking modest gains season/season.

For the draft pick, you know less information today. That player could be better than Lafreniere, the same, or much worse. Top 10 or 6-12 range picks have lots of value... if you hit.

Bookmark it. I am curious myself to see how this idea today ages over time.

Why not get Lafreniere to sign at 4.2 so it’s only a second rounder in compensation? Trade to get back that second first, of course, and then make the offer sheet happen. Lafreniere isn’t worth a potential top 15 pick or higher. Especially since the Habs need high first to build some elite skill into their club.

I would try that myself but Habs don't have our 2nd rounder. Not possible with us but it is with other teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad