Proposal: Laf for Turcotte

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
The Kings have who they want to build around, it’s as simple as that.
You really think they would have taken Byfield over Laf because he was a C if they had the first pick? Because nothing has happened since they were drafted to change that opinion

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
He is 20 and LA takes their time when it comes to the kids. Too long at times but that’s how they do things. I know many fans think everyone drafted should be in the league by 19-20 but LA’s brass don’t operate like that.

He's turning 21 in 4 days, but you're right that he's still young. People write off prospects way too fast these days. I loved Turcotte in that draft, but he has been progressing very slowly. Obviously it doesn't mean he won't develop into a very solid player, but it is somewhat concerning. Are Kings fans starting to question his upside, or not at all yet?

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
You really think they would have taken Byfield over Laf because he was a C if they had the first pick? Because nothing has happened since they were drafted to change that opinion
That’s not the question that was ask..
The ask is, as of today would the Kings trade Byfield for Laf and the answer is no..
The Kings are more than thrilled with Byfield and that’s obvious to Kings fans.. I’ve never really been a Laf fan, I thought he was more Alexander Frolov than the next Crosby like everyone hyped him up to be..

But to answer your question about what would have happened if the Kings had the #1 pick..
I’m not sure but I do know Laf/Byfield/Stutzle were all pretty close in their rankings.. again, how close?? I don’t know

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
That’s not the question that was ask..
The ask is, as of today would the Kings trade Byfield for Laf and the answer is no..
The Kings are more than thrilled with Byfield and that’s obvious to Kings fans.. I’ve never really been a Laf fan, I thought he was more Alexander Frolov than the next Crosby like everyone hyped him up to be..

But to answer your question about what would have happened if the Kings had the #1 pick..
I’m not sure but I do know Laf/Byfield/Stutzle were all pretty close in their rankings.. again, how close?? I don’t know
They weren’t close at all. Lafreniere was the far and away unanimous pick by literally every single ranking that existed, including NHL scouts. Nothing has changed in the last 1.5 years since then from Byfield.

LA accepts this trade 100/100 times.

Reactions: bsu and YP44

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
They weren’t close at all. Lafreniere was the far and away unanimous pick by literally every single ranking that existed, including NHL scouts. Nothing has changed in the last 1.5 years since then from Byfield.

I mean Lafreniere isn't valued how he was predraft how he is now. And unless you're connected to the LAK organization, you don't really know how much they value Byfield. He hasn't looked great in limited time either but i doubt either team would make the trade

Jul 6, 2016
I think Laff would thrive in Montreal with St-Louis as his coach.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I mean Lafreniere isn't valued how he was predraft how he is now. And unless you're connected to the LAK organization, you don't really know how much they value Byfield. He hasn't looked great in limited time either but i doubt either team would make the trade
And Byfield has done absolutely nothing to improve his value either, likely gone down. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know the prospect who was viewed as a tier below Lafreniere 1.5 years ago and who’s value has gone down since then isn’t going to suddenly be loved more by LA.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas

You’re a fool, the rankings aren’t team rankings and while that maybe have been the case for the Kings prospects rankings, we don’t know unless you have actual proof that says otherwise??
The Kings have all but officially declared Quinton the franchises savior… how the f*** do you or better said, why the f*** do you think they’d trade their crown jewel?? It’s like suggesting the Senators should trade Stutzle for Laf because he was the higher rated player without taking into account their current fit with their perspective clubs..

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
You’re a fool, the rankings aren’t team rankings and while that maybe have been the case for the Kings prospects rankings, we don’t know unless you have actual proof that says otherwise??
The Kings have all but officially declared Quinton the franchises savior… how the f*** do you or better said, why the f*** do you think they’d trade their crown jewel?? It’s like suggesting the Senators should trade Stutzle for Laf because he was the higher rated player without taking into account their current fit with their perspective clubs..
No Ottawa shouldn’t trade Stutzle because his value has gone way up and he’s shown elite talent at the NHL level . Byfield? Nope.

You’re asking why LA should trade their prospect for a way better prospect? Seems an easy enough answer but you do you.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
No Ottawa shouldn’t trade Stutzle because his value has gone way up and he’s shown elite talent at the NHL level . Byfield? Nope.

You’re asking why LA should trade their prospect for a way better prospect? Seems an easy enough answer but you do you.
To who? To you? What are you taking about?

To the Los Angeles Kings, Quinton Byfield is a Franchise players, a cornerstone and untouchable.. He is more valuable to the Kings, understand this simple point.. He is valuable to the Kings! So why would they trade him for Laf? Because you think he’s a better prospect? That doesn’t matter, it’s what the Kings think and they all but said he’s the next One..

Reactions: kinghock

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
To who? To you? What are you taking about?

To the Los Angeles Kings, Quinton Byfield is a Franchise players, a cornerstone and untouchable.. He is more valuable to the Kings, understand this simple point.. He is valuable to the Kings! So why would they trade him for Laf? Because you think he’s a better prospect? That doesn’t matter, it’s what the Kings think and they all but said he’s the next One..
By your logic, where is the proof the Kings view Byfield as more valuable? Because going by facts, he actually isn’t

Reactions: YP44

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
By your logic, where is the proof the Kings view Byfield as more valuable? Because going by facts, he actually isn’t
I’ll stop right here, because it’s obviously you not only know more than Kings but their FO as well.. thanks for your updates

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I’ll stop right here, because it’s obviously you not only know more than Kings but their FO as well.. thanks for your updates
I’m asking you how YOU know they value Byfield more despite Laf being ahead at pretty much every single step of the way?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

Lafreniere is in no way a superior prospect. Byfield has the better physical tools and has shown much more impressive flashes of talent. That, and he plays the more important position.

If I'm LA there's no way I trade Byfield for Lafreniere.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Lafreniere is in no way a superior prospect. Byfield has the better physical tools and has shown much more impressive flashes of talent. That, and he plays the more important position.

If I'm LA there's no way I trade Byfield for Lafreniere.
:laugh:

Based on what exactly? He’s shown better talent? Did you get that from his 2pts in 16 games in the NHL or his like 40pt pace in the AHL? Or was it his back to back poor WJC?

Just 1.5 years ago Lafreniere was on an entirely different level and absolutely nothing Byfield has done to date has shown otherwise.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
:laugh:

Based on what exactly? He’s shown better talent? Did you get that from his 2pts in 16 games in the NHL or his like 40pt pace in the AHL? Or was it his back to back poor WJC?

Just 1.5 years ago Lafreniere was on an entirely different level and absolutely nothing Byfield has done to date has shown otherwise.
Based on watching them play.

It's less about what Byfield has done vs what Lafreniere hasn't done.

Reactions: kinghock

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Its always the same fans that hate kings prospects. Everyone seems to hate rangers prospects they must be tired defending them on here 24/7.
Red Wings fans are now prospect experts cause they watch every nhl and ahl game. Yzerman is the goat so they know best. This board is insane. This thread should be locked

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Laf has all the smarts but lacking physical tools at NHL level thus far, Byfield has all the physical tools but lacking smarts at NHL level thus far. They will both figure something out.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I know you're really invested in his failure since you've been criticizing Byfield across his various threads since he was barely 15...but "Kings see Byfield as untouchable" has been covered extensively across all their media and the front office said all but maybe those exact words several times this year. It's hardly an outlandish take, just one you see as offensive since you've been going in hard on a barely-teenager for over half a decade. Embarrassing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad