Proposal: Laf for Turcotte

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
the thing is, LAK folks say they need LD not RD
(Clarke soon, and still Doughty, i get it)
and they want a young upside LD w size and skill

but the guy who NYR could offer that fits that description
(just turned 22, 6'4, 216#,107 NHL games, recently scored a wicked shootout goal, then next game a wicked wraparound),
would only possibly be made available for the perfect fit of skill, age, build and meets a need -
like a recent 2OA guy that LAK has no intention at all of moving

the deal that always seemed a fit to me was Zac Jones for Gabe or Kupari
but the vocal Kings posters always argue "too small"

How many times should KIngs say NO to Zac Jones?

Reactions: KingsOfCali25

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
I think it's a pretty fair deal. Turcotte is a solid prospect blocked in the big league. Nils is a solid prospect blocked in the big league. If you want to say Turcotte can play Center, therefore 'worth more', there could be a minor add. Whether it's a mid pick or a player like Hajek/Gauthier.

LA has much deeper and more talented prospects pool comparing to NY.
Your surplus players are not needed by Kings at all.

Reactions: KingTech

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
How about Nils Lundkvist for Turcotte?
no

no, even more emphatic

the thing is, LAK folks say they need LD not RD
(Clarke soon, and still Doughty, i get it)
and they want a young upside LD w size and skill

but the guy who NYR could offer that fits that description
(just turned 22, 6'4, 216#,107 NHL games, recently scored a wicked shootout goal, then next game a wicked wraparound),
would only possibly be made available for the perfect fit of skill, age, build and meets a need -
like a recent 2OA guy that LAK has no intention at all of moving

the deal that always seemed a fit to me was Zac Jones for Gabe or Kupari
but the vocal Kings posters always argue "too small"
this ^, but like you say, size is a dealbreaker.
And this is not a shrimp under bottom of average at 5'10
cf lists at 5'11

Robertson + Gauthier

I’m huge on Robertson, so I’d hate to see him go, I also think Turcotte is a wing in the NHL. But if I’m NYR, I’d take the gamble
No, would not give up Robbie for a better return from LA and def not for Turcotte, imo not worth the gamble.

Robertson has mini-Schneider upside. Very mini at this pt, but imo there. When Lindy forced to go b'c we need cap for LaF/KK, having Robertson there will be huge.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Turcotte’s value is probably a low 2nd round pick at this point. He’s not even a good AHL player. Wasn’t that good of a college hockey player either.

I'd give up the Sens 2nd (~39th overall) for him pretty easily, so I think you're undervaluing him.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
no

no, even more emphatic

this ^, but like you say, size is a dealbreaker.
And this is not a shrimp under bottom of average at 5'10
cf lists at 5'11

No, would not give up Robbie for a better return from LA and def not for Turcotte, imo not worth the gamble.

Robertson has mini-Schneider upside. Very mini at this pt, but imo there. When Lindy forced to go b'c we need cap for LaF/KK, having Robertson there will be huge.
Robertson is bigger then Schneider, but they have different styles of play....
I’m in no rush to trade Robertson, but if they chose to keep lindgren/Miller/Jones on the left, he could possibly be moved.
They both move the puck well and are very mobile for big men, but Robertson won’t likely be as physical as Schneider.
He’ll likely take more after Staal. Sound positionally, won’t shy away from the rough stuff, but it’s not his calling card.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
as a neutral fan at least laf is playing in the nhl . i would think that if turcotte was gonna be even an average nhl player he would be playing there by now .

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Robertson is bigger then Schneider, but they have different styles of play....
I’m in no rush to trade Robertson, but if they chose to keep lindgren/Miller/Jones on the left, he could possibly be moved.
They both move the puck well and are very mobile for big men, but Robertson won’t likely be as physical as Schneider.
He’ll likely take more after Staal. Sound positionally, won’t shy away from the rough stuff, but it’s not his calling card.
concur
as I have said previously, cap crunch next season will be SO severe, Lindy may have to go to get scratch to extend LaF/Kakko/Blais
Robbie's elc will be invaluable then

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
as a neutral fan at least laf is playing in the nhl . i would think that if turcotte was gonna be even an average nhl player he would be playing there by now .

Allow me to introduce you to the LA Kings, the org who recently put on the record that they'd like to use all their AHL waiver eligibility years on said prospects.

Reactions: kinghock

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Allow me to introduce you to the LA Kings, the org who recently put on the record that they'd like to use all their AHL waiver eligibility years on said prospects.
It should suppress AAV's on 2nd contracts & leave plenty of room to run out the vet contracts like Brown.

We just can't have nice things.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
I don’t get why there are so many that talk about trading/trading for Laf. To me, I see it likely as a Jack Hughes trajectory with likely more upside.

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
LA has much deeper and more talented prospects pool comparing to NY.
Your surplus players are not needed by Kings at all.
This is untrue; the pools are comparable. Turcotte has a 3C upside at this point; his value falls as he plays; no thanks.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Rangers aren't trading Lafreniere, its not happening.

Sometimes i wonder who comes up with that idea over and over again after both parties agree this will not happening.
I am absolutely convinced, Laf will hit the 20 goal mark this year and 30 maybe 2 years after.
The rangers will have a 30 goal winger for a long time.

Including him into trade offers is nuts

Rsswmu

May 20, 2014
The pools are comparable? LOL
I wonder how many people even from NY fans will agree with your opinion.
As a Ranger fan I would trade our pool for the Kings in a heart beat. If you are talking 24 and under players it’s a different discussion. But the Rangers have or in process of graduating a lot of the blue chip prospects.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Sometimes i wonder who comes up with that idea over and over again after both parties agree this will not happening.
I am absolutely convinced, Laf will hit the 20 goal mark this year and 30 maybe 2 years after.
The rangers will have a 30 goal winger for a long time.

Including him into trade offers is nuts
Ehhhh dont see it happening

I see the proposal as swapping likely busts

laf wont ever hit 30 goals nor will turcotte

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I wouldn't trade Laf for 2 Turcottes at this exact moment. Turcotte hasn't shown much at the pro level and is always injured. Laf is playing in a smaller role than he should which is leading to some deceiving numbers. Now that he is playing with better players his numbers are going up.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
his production thus far is a joke for a first overall draft pick
He has scored 25 goals in the NHL already. Byfield has scored 2 goals in the NHL already. They are both young, you are overacting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad