Value of: Kotkaniemi extension

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What will the Hurricanes sign Kotkaniemi for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Carolina is tops in the NHL in win %. The Habs are second to last in the same category. And you gave away the draft pick to get Dvorak, who isn’t exactly lighting it up in Montreal.
:nod:
Dvorak has not played since December 7th and only has 2 less pts while playing for a team that scored 28 less goals. Dvorak remains the better player and at this point KK’s ceiling is slowly turning into a center of Dvorak’s caliber.

Maybe you should focus on your team full of stars that is barely making the playoffs where they have shown a complete inability to pass the second round instead of trolling Habs fan in every thread you can find

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Dvorak has not played since December 7th and only has 2 less pts while playing for a team that scored 28 less goals. Dvorak remains the better player and at this point KK’s ceiling is slowly turning into a center of Dvorak’s caliber.

Maybe you should focus on your team full of stars that is barely making the playoffs where they have shown a complete inability to pass the second round instead of trolling Habs fan in every thread you can find
Ya just put trolls like him on ignore. It really does help.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I think KK ends up the season with something like 45 points, and signs an extension somewhere in the 4-5 million range. And I think that contract will prove to be pretty good value. The excess money this year was to get him out of Montreal.

LaMasquerade

Mar 11, 2018
Tampere
It sounds like pointing out that a player with a total of 7 goals is leading your team 5v5 is a good thing? :laugh:

Heh, they have most W in the whole league, so I don't see what is the big problem here.. Guess which position he'd be in Habs goal scoring with those 7 goals right now..

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I think KK ends up the season with something like 45 points, and signs an extension somewhere in the 4-5 million range. And I think that contract will prove to be pretty good value. The excess money this year was to get him out of Montreal.

Mostly agree with this. I don’t think he’ll hit 45pts, but as a Canes’ fan, I’d be OK being wrong there.

I think he ends up with 40pts or so and signs a 4-5yr deal at $4.5-5.5M per year that walks him to a nice UFA payday while he’s still in his prime.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
If he gets 45 points, he shouldn't accept anything less than the QO. Someone dumb will give him big money given the desperation for centers on the open market.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
It sounds like pointing out that a player with a total of 7 goals is leading your team 5v5 is a good thing? :laugh:

That's kind of a bad take. 5v5 goals are hard to come by. Only 12 guys in the whole NHL have 10 or more 5v5G at the moment, the most is Kyle Connor with 14. Leon Draisaitl, John Tavares, Jonathan Huberdeau, Steven Stamkos, Sebastian Aho, and Jesperi Kotkaniemi all have 7 5V5G.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Seems to be a "wait and see" player. Re-signing him depends on what they are going to do with Trochek and to a lesser extent, Staal. Also, whether they see Jarvis and Necas as wings going forward, or if they think that they can be (re)converted to C.

I can certainly see them moving on from Trochek and signing Kotka, and vice versa.

Not signing Hamilton, and losing Nino's contract will give them some cap flexibility in the short term.

Then there is always the possibility that they re-sign Victor Rask, and let both Kotkaniemi and Trochek go.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Lurk Muller

Oct 11, 2018
That's kind of a bad take. 5v5 goals are hard to come by. Only 12 guys in the whole NHL have 10 or more 5v5G at the moment, the most is Kyle Connor with 14. Leon Draisaitl, John Tavares, Jonathan Huberdeau, Steven Stamkos, Sebastian Aho, and Jesperi Kotkaniemi all have 7 5V5G.
At least he had the decency to remind us to just mute the trolls in this thread a few posts later. He's been every thread doing this crap lol.

I think the poll should have had term listed but I think he signs a 4 million Bridge with the Canes or someone else.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Then there is always the possibility that they re-sign Victor Rask, and let both Kotkaniemi and Trochek go.
vietnam-flashback.gif

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
if I was KK I would go to arbitration pointing out I was paid 6 mil. Then get a 1 year contract just to get to UFA then go for the whole BANK. GO FOR 10 MIL per for 8 Years.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Heh, they have most W in the whole league, so I don't see what is the big problem here.. Guess which position he'd be in Habs goal scoring with those 7 goals right now..
Ya and i bet you think he's a big part of having the most wins in the league. :popcorn:

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
If he gets 45 points, he shouldn't accept anything less than the QO. Someone dumb will give him big money given the desperation for centers on the open market.
Someone dumb already gave him 6mil and paid a 1st and 3rd for that privilege.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

Interesting you thought this thread about the potential future contract extension of a Carolina player was somehow about the Habs. Says a lot about who the actual trolls here are doesn’t it.

I see a lot of Habs fans very obsessed with KKs 7 goals and 13 points. And his current and future earning as paid by Carolina’s owner on their cap. He’s not even one of your Montreal players. But alas, here many of you are to talk trash about him. And act like this is somehow your thread. This is what irony is.

What’s amusing is you just don’t like your trash repackaged and dumped right back in your yard.

Last edited:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Yeah, Wadell did real good. 6 million, a 1st and a third for 7 goals.
MB got you 5 goals and a deeply minus player in Dvorak for that first you moved on over to Arizona.

So in conclusion, the Habs got older, worse and added the ~90th OA pick (which, if you’re lucky, gets you a 4th liner in 2026) for their efforts. Well done MB.

KK got his money and Carolina has a contending team.

I’m failing to see how Habs fans think this one worked out well for y’all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad