Value of: Kotkaniemi extension

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What will the Hurricanes sign Kotkaniemi for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
MB got you 5 goals and a deeply minus player in Dvorak for that first you moved on over to Arizona.

So in conclusion, the Habs got older, worse and added the ~90th OA pick (which, if you’re lucky, gets you a 4th liner in 2026) for their efforts. Well done MB.

KK got his money and Carolina has a contending team.

I’m failing to see how Habs fans think this one worked out well for y’all.

As has been explained to you many times. The Habs would be bad with KK or Dvorak. The Canes would be good with KK or not.

Dvorak has better numbers and is signed longer for far less, and all it cost was a late 1st which wasn't The Habs anyways.

Keep trying tho!!

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
As has been explained to you many times. The Habs would be bad with KK or Dvorak. The Canes would be good with KK or not.

Dvorak has better numbers and is signed longer for far less, and all it cost was a late 1st which wasn't The Habs anyways.

Keep trying tho!!
How does Dvorak have better numbers? KK has more goals, assists and points. And Dvorak is signed for less for this year only. Kotkaniemi will be making less next year on a longer term deal. Also, all it cost was a late first? Thats not insignificant. Terrible arguments all around

Jan 21, 2018

Keep trying tho!!

As has been explained to you many times. The habs used a 3rd overall pick on Kotkaniemi. Just to remind you the kind of franchise changing talent that is available with recent 3rd overall picks: Heiskanen, Stutzle, Dach etc. The habs even passed on Brady Tkachuk with that 3rd overall pick.

And while other teams managed to select a franchise changing talent with their pick, the habs basically traded 3rd overall + for Dvorak, a 3rd line C.

And yet months after this trade, even after that fiasco contributed to getting your GM fired, habs fans such as yourselves are still desperately trying to convince people that you guys won the trade.

Keep trying tho!!

Lurk Muller

Oct 11, 2018
Sucks to find out Kotkaniemi sucks and we should feel bad. I thought .5 ppg was pretty good for a 21 year old.

Hopefully Habs fans lose their minds over Jordos salary for us next.

Happy New Year everybody. It's just hockey.

Reactions: Pablo El Perro

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
As has been explained to you many times. The habs used a 3rd overall pick on Kotkaniemi. Just to remind you the kind of franchise changing talent that is available with recent 3rd overall picks: Heiskanen, Stutzle, Dach etc. The habs even passed on Brady Tkachuk with that 3rd overall pick.

And while other teams managed to select a franchise changing talent with their pick, the habs basically traded 3rd overall + for Dvorak, a 3rd line C.

And yet months after this trade, even after that fiasco contributed to getting your GM fired, habs fans such as yourselves are still desperately trying to convince people that you guys won the trade.

Keep trying tho!!

I don't really need to keep trying. Its fairly obvious to anyone who isn't a Canes fan or Habs hater.

Same production for millions less and signed for longer.

You are right about one thing, that pick was terrible. I am just glad they realized their mistake and let The Canes have him. KK is their problem now.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

Keep trying tho!!
Better numbers? Dvorak does not have better numbers than KK.

Dvorak has been disappointing all around. He’s not scoring, his line hemorrhages goals and he’s probably at his absolute peak as a player. And it cost you a 1st round pick in what is projected to be a good draft.

and you don’t have anything to really show for the 2018 3rd overall pick. Ouch.

Reactions: Husqvarna

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I don't really need to keep trying. Its fairly obvious to anyone who isn't a Canes fan or Habs hater.

Same production for millions less and signed for longer.

You are right about one thing, that pick was terrible. I am just glad they realized their mistake and let The Canes have him. KK is their problem now.

Leads team in 5v5 goals, but is seen as a problem lol.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON

Keep trying tho!!

If the Habs would be bad with or without Dvorak then why’d they spend a 1st on him???

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
MTL fans are a proud bunch. Some are just straight up, vengeful and ignorant when it comes to Kotkaniemi. Easy to understand why, but very petty.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't stay in Carolina for around $4M to ufa.

Last edited:

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
This is a tough deal to get signed. Based on his production under 4mm. But qualy is at 6mm. I don’t see the Canes overpaying and think this goes to the summer

Reactions: aresknights

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
MB got you 5 goals and a deeply minus player in Dvorak for that first you moved on over to Arizona.

So in conclusion, the Habs got older, worse and added the ~90th OA pick (which, if you’re lucky, gets you a 4th liner in 2026) for their efforts. Well done MB.

KK got his money and Carolina has a contending team.

I’m failing to see how Habs fans think this one worked out well for y’all.
I'll repeat. Wadell got 7 goals for the price of a 1st, a 3rd and 6.1 million. Explain to me how this is a win for him?

Reactions: aresknights

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
If the Habs would be bad with or without Dvorak then why’d they spend a 1st on him???
Not arguing for or against Dvorak but we needed to dress 4 NHL C’s and a late first and cost controled contract is worth his trade value, he is likely worth the same today.

To understand this year for the Habs you have to recognize how squirrely it went after the Dvo trade. Never seen a year ever with this many important guys out

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
I'll repeat. Wadell got 7 goals for the price of a 1st, a 3rd and 6.1 million. Explain to me how this is a win for him?
I dislike this separation of 5on5 or PP goals, but Kotkaniemi is playing well so far. Also dislike these random comments that try to Habsplain it to "lesser hockey fans".

Reactions: NotProkofievian

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
And you’re getting 5 goals for that first and $4.5mm. You get to keep the really low value late 3rd rounder.

Carolina is a top contender and Habs went from Cup finals to outhouse.

that’s a win for Carolina and as for the Habs. That’s a big L. GM that made the deal for Montreal isn’t even employed.

Dvorak is just added to the list of upper 20 something highly paid forwards on a really bad team. Guys that lack trade value and aren’t playing up to their contracts. The Yotes are trying to tank but somehow the Habs are this awful while trying to be good.

a roster with a collection of low to negative value contracts in Price, Gallagher, Weber, Petry, Anderson, Hoffman, Toffoli, Dvorak. The team isn’t built to be tanking because it’s expensive and these players are in or past their respective primes, but it’s as terrible as a tanking team. Just without players of any value to trade for draft picks or prospects. The best hope is to retain on long term deals to be able to move them off your books. This is not a good platform by which to start a rebuild.

it’s also why other team fan bases have to roll their eyes at the many ridiculous Hab trade threads where your fans try to shed these bad contracts in order to find the cap space and picks to rebuild. But none of those deals will happen. Because so many Habs players have little to negative value. Good times.

Last edited:

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
How does Dvorak have better numbers? KK has more goals, assists and points. And Dvorak is signed for less for this year only. Kotkaniemi will be making less next year on a longer term deal. Also, all it cost was a late first? Thats not insignificant. Terrible arguments all around
"Our guy is more valuable because no one will want to pay him more than $4.5 million!"

Quite the flex

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
And you’re getting 5 goals for that first and $4.5mm. You get to keep the really low value late 3rd rounder.

Carolina is a top contender and Habs went from Cup finals to outhouse.

that’s a win for Carolina and as for the Habs. That’s a big L. GM that made the deal for Montreal isn’t even employed.

Dvorak is just added to the list of upper 20 something highly paid forwards on a really bad team. Guys that lack trade value and aren’t playing up to their contracts. The Yotes are trying to tank but somehow the Habs are this awful while trying to be good.

a roster with a collection of low to negative value contracts in Price, Gallagher, Weber, Petry, Anderson, Hoffman, Toffoli, Dvorak. The team isn’t built to be tanking because it’s expensive and these players are in or past their respective primes, but it’s as terrible as a tanking team. Just without players of any value to trade for draft picks or prospects. The best hope is to retain on long term deals to be able to move them off your books. This is not a good platform by which to start a rebuild.

it’s also why other team fan bases have to roll their eyes at the many ridiculous Hab trade threads where your fans try to shed these bad contracts in order to find the cap space and picks to rebuild. But none of those deals will happen. Because so many Habs players have little to negative value. Good times.

When ya start expanding your reasoning or justifications outside the parameters of the convo u started it really doesn't help your arguement. It seems weak, but if ya feel the need........

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Interesting you thought this thread about the potential future contract extension of a Carolina player was somehow about the Habs. Says a lot about who the actual trolls here are doesn’t it.

I see a lot of Habs fans very obsessed with KKs 7 goals and 13 points. And his current and future earning as paid by Carolina’s owner on their cap. He’s not even one of your Montreal players. But alas, here many of you are to talk trash about him. And act like this is somehow your thread. This is what irony is.

What’s amusing is you just don’t like your trash repackaged and dumped right back in your yard.

Doesn’t take the sharpest tool in the box to realise that a player that was drafted 3rd overall, that showed serious potential in it’s first year and that got taken away by an agressive offer sheet will be discussed a lot by the team that drafted him!!

The hypocrisy here is that you are literaly the first to talk about the Habs in the thread by responding to a poster who mentioned KK’s ridiculous salary with a troll comment about how the player the Habs replaced him with has not been great and how bad the team was doing. All your comments in this thread are negatively about the Habs, did a Habs player steal your candy when you were a kid or something?

Habs gave you the goalie that got your team it’s only playoff success, you should love them instead…

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad