Value of: Kotkaniemi extension

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What will the Hurricanes sign Kotkaniemi for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Notabaguette

Mar 4, 2018
Unfortunately the habs ruined him, he will be a 3rd line C who gets 15 goals and has a few good streaks.

Nothing wrong with that, but yes when picked as high as him.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
I think they come to terms on a 4.25 x 3 sort of deal where he bets on himself to cash in when the caps up and he's more developed.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
But they have Kotkaniemi and he’s likely going to be on a deep playoff run this season.

Where as Dvorak will be golfing a lot in late April the next few years.

And MB doesn’t have a job.
Habs will pick top10 with their pick, therefore AZ will get CAR's 1st this year (bottom 5 in the 1st rd)

Tell me again how's that going to hurt the Habs?

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Carolina is winning their games with KK as a regular in their lineup. Habs are losing with Dvorak in their line up.

there is a winner here. Just look at the standings. Those Ws are a big part of how I evaluate a trade.

Because the KK and DVO moves are the reason why each team is at lol.
Neither has played a significant role in where their respective teams currently sit.
Take both moves away and they probably sit exactly where they are lol.
But if ya wanna justify moves based on standings and not actual player contribution........you win lol.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Montreal just lost the Stanley Cup finals.

I really doubt Carolina is lamenting the KK signing and they’ll likely ink him to a deal with some term after this season.

they won this set of transactions. Like they win on the ice. Dvorak looks like the ill advised move in hindsight. Paying a 2022 1st for a below average 2C in his prime on a team that needs to tear it down. That’s a thesis that makes no sense. A win now trade on a high lottery team.

Dvorak has seen his value decline since the trade and no way Habs could trade him for a 2022 1st at this stage.
Lol your full of it...

Dvorak would easilly fetch a 1st in 2022 from any team looking to improve it's C depth for a playoff run. ESPCIALLY at his cap hit for another year after

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Montreal just lost the Stanley Cup finals.

I really doubt Carolina is lamenting the KK signing and they’ll likely ink him to a deal with some term after this season.

they won this set of transactions. Like they win on the ice. Dvorak looks like the ill advised move in hindsight. Paying a 2022 1st for a below average 2C in his prime on a team that needs to tear it down. That’s a thesis that makes no sense. A win now trade on a high lottery team.

Dvorak has seen his value decline since the trade and no way Habs could trade him for a 2022 1st at this stage.

A late 1st for what should be a 3rd line C ( call it a 2C if ya want) cost controlled under 5 mil, over 3/4 years is a great deal. Look around for comparable.
A late 1st + for a 6 mil 3rd line W or 4th C is a better deal? And to resign your locked in with agent having big leverage.....
Ok, got it

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs Icing

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
That's not an advanced stat lol.

He leads the Canes in 5v5 goals, despite getting way less minutes.

That's not bad for a 3rd liner. But since he's not piling up the PP points people think he's struggling.

He leads them in 5 on 5 Gs? Really wow. I'm shocked, genuinely.
And a quick check of team stats....aagghh I'll leave it.
If he leads them in goals 5 on 5 from 3rd line minutes why is he getting no PP time? Seems odd? But Id like to hear your reasoning.

Reactions: Habs Icing

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
He leads them in 5 on 5 Gs? Really wow. I'm shocked, genuinely.
And a quick check of team stats....aagghh I'll leave it.
If he leads them in goals 5 on 5 from 3rd line minutes why is he getting no PP time? Seems odd? But Id like to hear your reasoning.
NHL Stats

He plays on 2nd PP unit, because the first one is already really good.

He's still developing but he's been playing pretty well lately. 6 points in his last 4 games. His underlying numbers are also excellent.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Lol your full of it...

Dvorak would easilly fetch a 1st in 2022 from any team looking to improve it's C depth for a playoff run. ESPCIALLY at his cap hit for another year after
Not so sure about that. Dude has been held off the score sheet in 20 of 28 games this year.

Reactions: Jannik Hansen

Hoochi Papa

Oct 17, 2020
3 x 3 million. KK won't find better deal on the open market. Every nickel and penny above it is a plus.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
That's not an advanced stat lol.

He leads the Canes in 5v5 goals, despite getting way less minutes.

That's not bad for a 3rd liner. But since he's not piling up the PP points people think he's struggling.
Including Brindamour who is only giving him like 11 minutes 5 on 5 per game.

Good thing you're here to straighten us, and Brindamour, out and let us know how well he is 'ackshually' doing.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Ultimately depends on if he wants to stay in Carolina or not. If he wants to stay probably a 3 yr x 3-4 mil bridge that takes him to UFA, if not I wouldn't be surprised if he gets 2 x 5 mil on the open market as he still has that 'shiny new toy' potential.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
NHL Stats

He plays on 2nd PP unit, because the first one is already really good.

He's still developing but he's been playing pretty well lately. 6 points in his last 4 games. His underlying numbers are also excellent.

Ok, the post I responded to said he led CH in 5 on 5 goals. Not per 60/min which isn't a great stat depending on total minutes responsibility, matchups......
And if he is on 2nd PP unit and has 0 Gs in how many games? Not a great look.

Yes I appreciate he is still developimg and still young and is in a good spot in Carolina.

But again your post I responded to said 5 on 5 Gs ( no mention of per/ min which actually lowers the stat I responded to ) and the fact he gets PP time with no goals isn't a plus either.

Hopefully he does well. I wish the kid no ill will.
3 x 3 million. KK won't find better deal on the open market. Every nickel and penny above it is a plus.

Ya he can, 5 mil next year is QO if thats what he wants. Then it's it's just 2 for 2 to equal your best offer. That'll be easy.
My guess is 3 to 4 yrs at 4 mil. Or he takes QO n rolls the dice again

LaMasquerade

Mar 11, 2018
Tampere
It will be around 4.5x4 so I went with the 2nd option (could've picked the 1st as it also has 4.5M).
I've watched most of Canes games this year, and it looks like he's improving after a not so great start. Seems to be important piece and I think both parties are willing to have a fair deal. Sure he hasn't been worth his $6.1 contract for this year, but (most of us know that) that was never the issue for this season.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Carolina is winning their games with KK as a regular in their lineup. Habs are losing with Dvorak in their line up.

there is a winner here. Just look at the standings. Those Ws are a big part of how I evaluate a trade.

As usual with you its a bunch of nonsense. Car would be amazing with or without KK and The Habs would be bad with or without KK or Dvorak.

Also as per usual you pick one metric you feel makes The Habs looks bad and cling to that in the hopes that people believe you.

There was a major L here. It’s MB, former GM of the Habs.

Habs adding Dvorak at the cost of a first round pick only to be the second worst team in the NHL isn’t exactly a W either.

Carolina is winning with KK as a regular in their line up. That has to factor into their advantage as well.

KK also has 7 goals this season. Suzuki has just six goals. Caufield has 1 goal. So how bad has KK been? I can think of two guys on the Habs that have been less impressive. And Dvorak. Only 5 goals.

Ah yes, post the stats without context. Brilliant troll move!!!

KK plays on a top team and has been average at best. This cannot be argued. Dvorak and Suzuki have better numbers on a terrible team ravaged with injuries and covid. Its only normal their numbers would be affected. As for Caufield, who knows what's going on there, he doesn't look ready to me.

Last edited:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Ok, the post I responded to said he led CH in 5 on 5 goals. Not per 60/min which isn't a great stat depending on total minutes responsibility, matchups......
And if he is on 2nd PP unit and has 0 Gs in how many games? Not a great look.

Yes I appreciate he is still developimg and still young and is in a good spot in Carolina.

But again your post I responded to said 5 on 5 Gs ( no mention of per/ min which actually lowers the stat I responded to ) and the fact he gets PP time with no goals isn't a plus either.

Hopefully he does well. I wish the kid no ill will.

Ya he can, 5 mil next year is QO if thats what he wants. Then it's it's just 2 for 2 to equal your best offer. That'll be easy.
My guess is 3 to 4 yrs at 4 mil. Or he takes QO n rolls the dice again
He does lead the Canes in 5v5 goals, are you illiterate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad