Value of: Konecny

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
TK is only going to be moved for a solid deal. The blues, redwings and oilers are known to have asked about TK. Two ones will get it done. Not 25 and 29 St Louis. There is no pressure to move him if they do not get what they feel is acceptable.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Dayum....that word has become seriously watered down now I guess....
Been watching him play since his minor hockey days, and he’d be the first one to laugh off being called an “elite” player. I know he scored over 30 this year but has he ever even scored 25 before? He’s not exactly your high-end vision player either, which basically caps his point production at under 65 on average.

He’s a gamer for sure, but when theres 20 wingers teams can’t give away right now, even if they’re a notch below, it’s all about production vs cost..

He’s a 50-60 point player, who might be able to stretch that here and there with premium minutes. He likely wouldn’t get that on a really good team because he’s not the greatest 200 ft player.

He could probably get a late 1st Round pick in return. 25th overall type.

Some of the asks here are incredibly unrealistic.

He’s not a C…..

Detroit has been mentioned. Doubt they’d give up the 17th pick for him. He’s much more likely traded for a player or real good prospect at this point. Would Detroit trade Mazur for him? That’s probably your top end prospect type he’d get in return.. They have 41, 42, 43 in this draft. If he was traded for picks right now, it’s much more likely he’s traded for two of those, than two 1st round picks.

That’s just the reality of today’s market.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Been watching him play since his minor hockey days, and he’d be the first one to laugh off being called an “elite” player. I know he scored over 30 this year but has he ever even scored 25 before? He’s not exactly your high-end vision player either, which basically caps his point production at under 65 on average.

He’s a gamer for sure, but when theres 20 wingers teams can’t give away right now, even if they’re a notch below, it’s all about production vs cost..

He’s a 50-60 point player, who might be able to stretch that here and there with premium minutes. He likely wouldn’t get that on a really good team because he’s not the greatest 200 ft player.

He’s not a C…..

Detroit has been mentioned. Doubt they’d give up the 17th pick for him. He’s much more likely traded for a player or real good prospect at this point. Would Detroit trade Mazur for him? That’s probably your top end prospect type he’d get in return.. They have 41, 42, 43 in this draft. If he was traded for picks right now, it’s much more likely he’s traded for two of those, than two 1st round picks.

In the past I may've agreed on some of these points, but I think you're off base here.

There's nothing "capping" his point production at 65. His vision is above average, but most of his assists come off sheer tenacity. He's a forechecking terror who is excellent at gaining possession and finding the next wave. You don't need eyes in the back of your head to rack up assists in the NHL, there are many ways to do it.

I'm not a huge Torts fan, but he challenged Konecny this year to be a 200 foot player and TK responded admirably. Can backcheck as hard as he forechecks and looked solid in the first sustained shorthanded usage of his career. Also racked up a good amount of SH points.

Prior to his injury he was pacing for 45+ goals and 90+ points, playing alongside Noah Cates and the putrid corpse of Kevin Hayes. Neither of those guys were generating any of the offense: He was the solitary engine on his line at all times. Not to mention there was no shelter for him, it's not like there was any talent elsewhere pulling the premier defensive assignments. And in most games, he looked like the best forward on the ice for either team.

Some guys break out later in their careers. TK just turned 26. Marchand was a 40-60 point player until he was 28, and then he was an 85-point player. In terms of size, style, and tenacity, that's your dream comparable. Whether Konecny sustains that is unknown, but if he plays like he did this past season, he's gonna score 90 points in this league—especially with better linemates. He's pretty damn good.

Last edited:

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018

He’s not a C…..

Lol just wow. I’d only we could be so lucky to get Mazur for Konecny 1 for 1 lol

We want 9
Agree. If Debrincat for 1 year gets 7 then Konecny for 2 definitely gets 9

Reactions: andora

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
as redwing fan i dont care about record / playoffs this season , i care about building a young core around SEIDER ! thusly want to hold onto draft pix . and eventually a tk type winger will show up on ufa market when detroits readyy to compete .

Last edited:

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
as redwing fan i dont care about record / playoffs this season , i care about building a young core around SEIDER ! thusly want to hold onto draft pix . and eventually a tk type winger will show up on ufa market when detroits readyy to compete .
So you wouldn’t want tk for the next two years, you’d rather just get him in his highly paid years when he’s a UFA in 2 years? Interesting

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
So you wouldn’t want tk for the next two years, you’d rather just get him in his highly paid years when he’s a UFA in 2 years? Interesting
in detroit the next two years mean nothing ! im focused on building a YOUNG army around general seider , and the way thats done is with draft pix . i trust yzerman & draper to continue drafting well . its like MR I said back in the old days ''whose the best , we want the best '', he was a big thinker . i like swinging for the fences , i want to try stealing a super star with the 17 pick not trade 1st round pix for solid but not star players !

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
in detroit the next two years mean nothing ! im focused on building a YOUNG army around general seider , and the way thats done is with draft pix . i trust yzerman & draper to continue drafting well . its like MR I said back in the old days ''whose the best , we want the best '', he was a big thinker . i like swinging for the fences , i want to try stealing a super star with the 17 pick not trade 1st round pix for solid but not star players !
Then why extend Larkin? A player drafted this year may not make an nhl impact for 3-4 years

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Then why extend Larkin? A player drafted this year may not make an nhl impact for 3-4 years
because hes a great leader and the heart of this team thats setting the tone for all the young guys coming up . and when detroits ready to get serious 2025/26 he will still be there like a mark stone just was , he will be past career prime but his leadership til then and in 2025 will make him irreplacable

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

He’s not a C…..

I think your evaluation is largely correct - but a late 1st being the only asset is inaccurate, IMO. His contract enhances his value in this situation, plus GMs go nuts for his grit, so he'd bring back more than that. Probably not two 1sts, but a 1-2-and a roster player/prospect.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
As long as the 1st is top 12 then that’s reasonable

A lot of smoke around the wings right now. Pick 17 and two 2nds probably gets it done and is worth it to the wings

If the wings walked away from this draft picking at 9, one of the picks at 41-43 and Konecny, it would be hard to be disappointed about that. I could see there being some mixing and matching of instead of a second they throw in someone like Veleno, or remove both seconds and add a solid prospect with 17.

The thing to remember with Detroit is that Konecny is from Clachan. Detroit is his "hometown" team. Just like Debrincat, if Detroit lands one of these guys, they should be in the best position to re sign them down the road.

Yzerman definitely has the best war chest to make a trade like this happen right now in the league as well

Reactions: BernieParent

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Lol just wow. I’d only we could be so lucky to get Mazur for Konecny 1 for 1 lol

Agree. If Debrincat for 1 year gets 7 then Konecny for 2 definitely gets 9
It’s really simple when you try to randomly value a player. You look for comparable players. Find us a comparable player to Konecny that’s been traded recently.

Fiala didn’t get what people are speculating here, and he’s not even a comparable. He’s a much better 200’ player, and he’s been over a PPG for two years. Debrincat has scored over 30 three times and over 40 twice at 25. You’re just not getting comparable value to these guys. You’re also locking these players up, whoever is trading for AD and already with Fiala. TK is a UFA after 2 years.

Bertuzzi got a future 1st from the best team in the league at the time of the trade. That’s much more in line with what Konecny is worth. Doesn’t matter if it was at the deadline or not. He was likely worth the same last summer.

Teams can’t give away 50-60 point wingers making $5 million right now. That is a fact. Extra years isn’t a good thing, in most cases either. It’s making them harder to move. In TK’s case he’s gonna be a UFA in 2 years. In his case I don’t think the 2 years will hurt him like maybe some others, but who knows.

Much different than the two players above, people want to use similar value for.

This isn’t a rip on Konecny but he isn’t a 200’ player and he’s basically a 25 goal scorer. There’s an abundance of these guys on the market right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad