Value of: Konecny

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Agree. If Debrincat for 1 year gets 7 then Konecny for 2 definitely gets 9
DeBrincat doesn't sniff anything remotely close to 7 this year, so 9 is certainly off the table.

One difference is that Debrincat is a RFA at the end of the 1 year where as Konency is a UFA after 2.
That's the same thing. In both situations the player is UFA after two years.

• Haha
Reactions: FlyguyOX

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
TK is only going to be moved for a solid deal. The blues, redwings and oilers are known to have asked about TK. Two ones will get it done. Not 25 and 29 St Louis. There is no pressure to move him if they do not get what they feel is acceptable.

Unless Armstrong is just posturing which could be possible. His presser today pretty much shot down any notion that they're interested in Konecny. Same could probably be said for Hanifin, although it was a little blurry in regards to extensions.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
If they can get a 1st at the draft he’s a goner
Maybe another piece since they will have offers from a bunch of teams

He’s a good Ottawa fit after they move Debrincat

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
If they can get a 1st at the draft he’s a goner
Maybe another piece since they will have offers from a bunch of teams

He’s a good Ottawa fit after they move Debrincat
That's what we thought about Laughton, and it's proven false with some late 1st offers being turned down.

But you think it's true for Konecny? Laughable.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
That's what we thought about Laughton, and it's proven false with some late 1st offers being turned down.

But you think it's true for Konecny? Laughable.
Am I reading this correctly? Philly turned down 1sts for Laughton?

No wonder Fletcher got shitcanned...

• Love
Reactions: Flyer lurker

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

Yes.

Laughton honestly is a good add for a 1st at this point. Versatile, plays the right way, cheap deal for a few years.

Listen I'm surprised we've gotten here as well, but he's a guy most teams look at and say "he really is what we need for a playoff run"

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018

I think Briere has turned them down as well.

Which, you hope that with the odds of a prospect taken with a late 1st that the prospect eventually can become a Laughton, so it makes sense somewhat. He has 3x3 left on his contract so if you feel like he brings a lot of value to a young locker room, and you can get a late 1st at any TDL remaining in that contract, then it makes sense to hold out.

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011
Interesting comp is the BSchenn deal. He was 26 just like TK. At the time they knew the 1st pick (Frost) was 27th. Got lucky when the next year’s 1st pick (Farabee) was 14th. Philly had to take Lehtera’s salary for 2 yrs.

2 known late picks seems low but 8th + prospect seems high.
IMO Konecny is a far better goal scorer. He’s worth more then what Schenn brought back

Reactions: captainpaxil

Hamhuis2

Aug 21, 2014
Didn't want to create another thread, but curious if Philly would be open to moving him this year? They're currently in a playoff spot, but I feel they still need to gather a few high-end assets for the next core to play alongside Michkov and Gauthier.

As a Canucks fan, our biggest need is a high-energy 2-way winger to play with Pettersson, and Konecny fits the bill. The fact that he's signed for 1 more year is also a plus, as he fits the age of our core and should be re-signed for anything under $8m-$8.5m if possible. If he is available, what would Philly want in return?

A starting point from Van would be:
2024 1st
2025 2nd
Brzustewicz
Podkolzin
Garland

Pretty much upgrading Garland -> Konecny, though Garland is more than capable of putting up 50 points in a larger role. Too much, too little? Let me know!

*Note: If there's a deal where Konecny & Frost would be available, that would be great as well. Gives the Canucks flexibility more C/W flexibility and some added offensive depth.

• Haha
Reactions: FlyguyOX

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Didn't want to create another thread, but curious if Philly would be open to moving him this year? They're currently in a playoff spot, but I feel they still need to gather a few high-end assets for the next core to play alongside Michkov and Gauthier.

As a Canucks fan, our biggest need is a high-energy 2-way winger to play with Pettersson, and Konecny fits the bill. The fact that he's signed for 1 more year is also a plus, as he fits the age of our core and should be re-signed for anything under $8m-$8.5m if possible. If he is available, what would Philly want in return?

2024 1st
2025 2nd
Brzustewicz
Podkolzin
Garland

Pretty much upgrading Garland -> Konecny, though Garland is more than capable of putting up 50 points in a larger role. Too much, too little? Let me know!

*Note: If there's a deal where Konecny & Frost would be available, that would be great as well. Gives the Canucks flexibility more C/W flexibility and some added offensive depth.

I'd make Kuzmenko one of the centerpieces of the deal instead (not sure they'd value Garland); Konecny's the kind of gritty skilled winger Vancouver is looking for.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
I'd make Kuzmenko one of the centerpieces of the deal instead (not sure they'd value Garland); Konecny's the kind of gritty skilled winger Vancouver is looking for.
Counter:
1st 24 replaced by Lekkerimaki rw (1st 22)
2nd 25 by Raty c (2nd 21)
Brzu… off rd
Podkolzin w
Kuzmenko lw

As much as i like TK, i would look hard at such an offer.
Van 1st 24 is 29th as of today…

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019

2024 1st
2025 2nd
Brzustewicz
Podkolzin
Garland

The game with all the scouts Risto was the played that was overplayed and flyer fan speculation the player being showcased. The contract year d in Walker, Staal, and Seeler are possibles too.

If you are trading Risto and his 5m, it is fair to say you are looking to cap room for either
a free agent
b resign Hart
c re sign Konecky
d resign Walker for short term
Its what gm should be doing instead of Flusher go into panic mode every deadline and free agent period.

If given the choice of resigning Konecky or resigning Hart. I resign Konecky and trade Hart. Ersson has had a really good month and its not crazy to think he could be a 1. Ersson is a 1b at minimum. Not saying they won't resign both. But if its one or the other TK stays and Hart goes.

As far as the offer I wany zero none nada nil part of Garland and taking away the flyers ability to resign players in 24 and 25. He is a non starter. No contracts past 24. Certaintly not into 26. Not the worst offer. I have seen a whole lot worse than this. But still no.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Konecny is one of the low-cost gems in the NHL waiting to be acquired. Who is also completely retainable. Trot out 2 firsts as a starter to discussions.
That wasn’t even the starter last year. This year it’s 3-4 or equal value.

Reactions: SnS and FlyguyOX

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
The game with all the scouts Risto was the played that was overplayed and flyer fan speculation the player being showcased. The contract year d in Walker, Staal, and Seeler are possibles too.

If you are trading Risto and his 5m, it is fair to say you are looking to cap room for either
a free agent
b resign Hart
c re sign Konecky
d resign Walker for short term
Its what gm should be doing instead of Flusher go into panic mode every deadline and free agent period.

If given the choice of resigning Konecky or resigning Hart. I resign Konecky and trade Hart. Ersson has had a really good month and its not crazy to think he could be a 1. Ersson is a 1b at minimum. Not saying they won't resign both. But if its one or the other TK stays and Hart goes.

As far as the offer I wany zero none nada nil part of Garland and taking away the flyers ability to resign players in 24 and 25. He is a non starter. No contracts past 24. Certaintly not into 26. Not the worst offer. I have seen a whole lot worse than this. But still no.
Sam is not a 1b or c. He is a 2 at this point. 23 games is not enough to label him 1. Half his starts under .900

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Sam is not a 1b or c. He is a 2 at this point. 23 games is not enough to label him 1. Half his starts under .900
Its a small sample size but last month he has looked like a POTENTIAL one. 2.1g gaa 915sv% last 30 days that is a 1b at min. As of today I am comfortable that at a mimimun he is a 30-32 games 1b goalie. First month Ersson stunk and its not surprising a young goalie wasn't ready to handle time off as a backup goalie. Its early and if you say lets wait the year out, I get it.

And the one reason the reason the flyers are playing well right now is they are getting quality goaltending every night. And Hart at his best is going to be a 50 games start goalie and not 60 games. Hart 48 Ersson 34 split works for me. Light years ahead of when Martin Jones types are your backup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad