Value of: Konecny

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Yeah, it's gonna be a very hard pass for me to think that we're gonna trade our highest pick in 15 years for a winger when we just lost the guy who was basically our 1C and our defense is older, expensive, and terrible.

I get why Philly would want a king ransom of draft capital for what is their best player, but I don't think they're gonna find it here. The last deal we made that truth be told probably favored them addressed our biggest need with Schenn and our void at center and gave them our worst contract. Our right side is loaded, especially compared to our other positions and I know they don't want any part of Krug's contract.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
We ought to maximise our assets here and Konecny at 50% for two years ($2.75m hit) is an extremely valuable piece in a flat cap world.

It should start with two firsts.

Not sure what PHI would want but I would be so happy to get him in EDM.
2023 2nd, 2024 1st, Bourgault he was our 1st rounder two drafts ago.
Yamo for cap space and EDM would also have to move Foegle out but I can’t see that being an issue as he is a big body that had a good playoff run.

Our rebuild starts this summer so the deal for Konecny will be on a 23 1st, not much interest in ones for 24 really.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
He had 16 goals (not 11) and 52 points in 21-22.

I wouldnt consider 22-23 an outlier but time will tell. TK wouldnt be the first guy and wont be the last to have his breakout season in the 24-26 range.

Lastly he has two years left on his by all accounts wants to stay even with a rebuild. They will gladly keep him for the time being if the offers arent worth it.
misread hockey reference lol. It was 11 in covid year, comes out to 18 goal pace. My fault lol.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
2 good pieces like a first and prospect or a first and a second.

Cap is an issue though.. might be a cap dump included.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
2 good pieces like a first and prospect or a first and a second.

Cap is an issue though.. might be a cap dump included.
Unless that 2nd is in 2023 and it's in the first few picks the Flyers are not trading TK for a first and second. At minimum they would require a first and A level prospect or they will just keep him.

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
We ought to maximise our assets here and Konecny at 50% for two years ($2.75m hit) is an extremely valuable piece in a flat cap world.

It should start with two firsts.

Our rebuild starts this summer so the deal for Konecny will be on a 23 1st, not much interest in ones for 24 really.
He is worth 2 1sts right now at a full cap hit. No one is going to pay another 1st to get him at 50%. So save the retention on guys you really need it on like Hayes and Risto.

Reactions: BernieParent

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
I could see him going to Pittsburg with a little retention for 14 OA. They need to win with aging Crosby/Malkin. 14 wont make the NHL for years, where Konecny is on a good deal and would slot right into the top 6.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I think he ultimately ends up in Detroit.
I could see him going to Pittsburg with a little retention for 14 OA. They need to win with aging Crosby/Malkin. 14 wont make the NHL for years, where Konecny is on a good deal and would slot right into the top 6.
There would be a pens tax.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
He is not worth two firsts. No one is going to pay that for a soon to be Ufa lol.
lol 2 years left at a bargain cap hit. PPG guy that brings sandpaper intangibles. Yes they will/should unless it's for a high 1st.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He is not worth two firsts. No one is going to pay that for a soon to be Ufa lol.
Soon? 2 years. 2 playoff runs.

So upcoming 33 year old UFA Nick Foligno on a 32 point pace can fetch a 1st+4th.

But a 26 year old with 2 years on his deal coming off a PPG season, isn't worth 2 1sts?

Lunacy.

Whoever trades for Konecny now, can keep him for a year and still trade him for a 1st+2nd/prospect. He absolutely is worth 2 1sts.

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
Soon? 2 years. 2 playoff runs.

So upcoming 33 year old UFA Nick Foligno on a 32 point pace can fetch a 1st+4th.

But a 26 year old with 2 years on his deal coming off a PPG season, isn't worth 2 1sts?

Lunacy.

Whoever trades for Konecny now, can keep him for a year and still trade him for a 1st+2nd/prospect. He absolutely is worth 2 1sts.
Blues most likely will not make playoffs next year. The blues are rebuilding retooling just like Philly. So let's blow 2 first picks for koency whom isn't even a center. Lol

lol 2 years left at a bargain cap hit. PPG guy that brings sandpaper intangibles. Yes they will/should unless it's for a high 1st.
We will see. Ror didn't get that and he was dynamic for tor and a center.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Blues most likely will not make playoffs next year. The blues are rebuilding retooling just like Philly. So let's blow 2 first picks for koency whom isn't even a center. Lol

Just because you don't think it's worth it for the blues doesn't mean it's not fair value on another team who's actually trying to improve.

ROR??? The rental 32yo in the midst of a bad year and 0.5ppg?? jfc

You need to be looking at Debrincat or Meier as the comps, except I'd say Konecny brings more to the table than both. Yes, he's UFA when they were 1yr or purely playoff rentals that are RFA's, but atleast you get 2 years out of Konecny guaranteed. Sens got 1 from Debrincat and TBD on NJ.

dgaspari

Feb 13, 2008
Can't speak for the rest of Canes fans but I'd do this for TK @ 50%

- 2023 1st
- 2024 1st
- Jack Drury
Flyers WILL NOT retain money on TK
Flyers are running a special today. Trade for Tk and get Deangelo (1.5 retained) and Hayes ( 3.0 retained) for free!!!!

Reactions: dundee

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I think he ultimately ends up in Detroit.
402768.jpg

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Oh, I didn't know Philly was only allowed to trade Konecny to Stl.

Then by all means, we will take a 2nd rounder in 2025. Sorry for the confusion.

:loony:

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
Oh, I didn't know Philly was only allowed to trade Konecny to Stl.

Then by all means, we will take a 2nd rounder in 2025. Sorry for the confusion.

:loony:
I have been saying the Blues don't need or want him. I'm not trying to devalue him in any way. Blues would be better off getting a true #2 center and having buch play wing. Spending multiple assets for a winger we don't need doesn't make sense. Getting ror in off season which many analyst have speculated is happening and keeping our picks to restock the farm is a much better way to go.

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
I could see his value being similar to DeBrincat's last year. DeBrincat was younger, cost more and only had one year left, but still had team control. Konecny is older, signed for two years at a better deal but walks to UFA. Should balance out somewhat, so a 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad