GDT: Training Camp discussion - Camp now open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Just last season, Matthews hinted that he was fine with being separated from Marner, saying, "Sometimes a little change is good for everyone."

Also, in the All-Star draft, he picked Nylander and Reilly before Marner.

On top of that, Matthews produced twice as much at 5v5 with Domi compared to Marner.

It seems highly doubtful Matthews would request to play with him, especially with all the talk about Marner bwing the one particularly struggling last year when they were together.
So are you suggesting that Berube is intentionally trying to piss off his new captain ?

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
So are you suggesting that Berube is intentionally trying to piss off his new captain ?
I was responding to you saying Matthews requested to play with Marner. Which isn't logical considering he was 2x more productive without Marner last year. Why does that mean he doesn't want to play with him to you? You don't think it's possible that Matthews is gonna let Berube coach and make lineup decisions like most players?

egd27

Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I was responding to you saying Matthews requested to play with Marner. Which isn't logical considering he was 2x more productive without Marner last year. Why does that mean he doesn't want to play with him to you? You don't think it's possible that Matthews is gonna let Berube coach and make lineup decisions like most players?
You're talking in circles.

What is it I'm supposed to have said?

egd27

Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

How am I speaking in circles.
In your first sentence you say that I said "Matthews requested to play with Marner." In your 3rd sentence you ask "Why does that mean he doesn't want to play with him to you?" And finally you ask if I "don't think it's possible that Matthews is gonna let Berube coach and make lineup decisions"

I didn't say Matthews requested to play with Marner, I didn't say he didn't want to play with him, and I didn't say he wasn't going to let Berube make the line up.

I merely said I believe they like playing together, and at this moment, they are. And if for some reason 34 no longer wanted to play with Mitch, then I find it odd that they still are, given your evidence of how much more productive the line would likely be with Domi as RW instead.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Interesting that former assistant coach for the Marlies and member of the organization was there first hand when Keefe introduced it and didn't like the music idea by Keefe. He thought it was disruptive.

I think it is kind of stupid because it is not normal to most practices growing up, but also, is it really bad?

The whole thread, his only complaints are "staff had to set it up for the Marlies, and it can be disruptive to players".

The people telling him that it is helpful made better points than Han, he just sounded upset that he had to set it up for the Marlies.

Probably closer to a game situation than dead quiet though.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I think it is kind of stupid because it is not normal to most practices growing up, but also, is it really bad?

The whole thread, his only complaints are "staff had to set it up for the Marlies, and it can be disruptive to players".

The people telling him that it is helpful made better points than Han, he just sounded upset that he had to set it up for the Marlies.

Probably closer to a game situation than dead quiet though.
Crowd noise is like a game. Music doesnt play during game action.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad