Value of: Konecny

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Yeah. No way that ever happens. Maybe in the NFL.
You’re misinterpreting what I’m saying. I’m not saying teams would make that trade.
I’m talking about value of the picks with pick outcome probabilities

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
1)Blake Coleman got a 1 and 1 picked from year before with 1 1/2 years of control and Konecky is a much better player than Coleman. You have to do better than that for sure. All other offers are easy no.

(edit and if you want to say flyers would need to take back a jori lehtera bad contract for salary, I'm all ears)

2) Offer players Flyers would want and not who you want to get rid of. Logan Stanley turning into the Jeremy Bracco of trade offers.

Last edited:

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
Bringing this back because Flyers insiders are telling us on Twitter to "look at who's NOT in the unveiling pictures"

Well, Konecny is definitely missing. What we thinking? Gotta think it's a 1st and an A level prospect.

Reactions: captainpaxil

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Bringing this back because Flyers insiders are telling us on Twitter to "look at who's NOT in the unveiling pictures"

Well, Konecny is definitely missing. What we thinking? Gotta think it's a 1st and an A level prospect.
Reports say already turned down a late 1st and Broberg. Not that Broberg is A-level, but just as an fyi for all the oilers fans who kept throwing it out there

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
Curious what Philly fans think is fair value for Konecny.

The Blues have 2 later 1st round picks that could be in play. I have no idea if Army has any interest of course but Konecny checks the box of a top 6 need. It would be more beneficial if he could play center but meh.
Why would we use our two sexond round picks for koenxy. We need to get better players in the system that will be ready for elcs rather than bring in high cap.

Gotta be worth a fairly high 1st plus I would think
Not getting blues #10 sorry charlie

8th and 28th or whatever the lowest of the other two picks would work. Flyers would be wanting to go young
No way in hell that happens. Lol

Reactions: Accelleratii

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Why would we use our two sexond round picks for koenxy. We need to get better players in the system that will be ready for elcs rather than bring in high cap.

Not getting blues #10 sorry charlie

No way in hell that happens. Lol
I think your view that you waste away 3-4 of Thomas and Kryou's 8yr deals doesn't line up with your GM. In fact your view reminds me of how the flyers failed spectacularly to "be competitive while rebuild" and wasted Giroux and Voracek's prime years

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
I think your view that you waste away 3-4 of Thomas and Kryou's 8yr deals doesn't line up with your GM. In fact your view reminds me of how the flyers failed spectacularly to "be competitive while rebuild" and wasted Giroux and Voracek's prime years
Yes it does. 2 years top. Neighbors is ready. Dean and loof are ready. Why waist draft material on a guy that will cost to much and be gone in two years. When we could honestly just sign ror for a fair deal. Lol blues are better off drafting and so far most blues fans agree.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Yes it does. 2 years top. Neighbors is ready. Dean and loof are ready. Why waist draft material on a guy that will cost to much and be gone in two years. When we could honestly just sign ror for a fair deal. Lol blues are better off drafting and so far most blues fans agree.
Because the guys you draft this year may not be ready to make an NHL impact for 3-4 years and aren't guaranteed to pan out. I'm just presenting the very real risk that could be removed if you trade for proven players. With your route I'd probably just want to trade Thomas and Kyrou, too; definitely trade Buch.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I would really like to see Konecny in Detroit, he seems like a natural fit and a Yzerman type of player. Would 17th + 41st pick + Zadina / Viro be a good trade?

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Not sure what PHI would want but I would be so happy to get him in EDM.
2023 2nd, 2024 1st, Bourgault he was our 1st rounder two drafts ago.
Yamo for cap space and EDM would also have to move Foegle out but I can’t see that being an issue as he is a big body that had a good playoff run.

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
Because the guys you draft this year may not be ready to make an NHL impact for 3-4 years and aren't guaranteed to pan out. I'm just presenting the very real risk that could be removed if you trade for proven players. With your route I'd probably just want to trade Thomas and Kyrou, too; definitely trade Buch.
Robert thomas jake neighbors where ready in a year. Bolduc is ready now and our draft picks will be ready in 2 years when vrana and kapanen walk. Loof and kessel are ready. Sooooo you are just wrong my friend

Robert thomas jake neighbors where ready in a year. Bolduc is ready now and our draft picks will be ready in 2 years when vrana and kapanen walk. Loof and kessel are ready. Sooooo you are just wrong my friend
Snuggy will be ready after next year like knies and most top teir college players are.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Not sure what PHI would want but I would be so happy to get him in EDM.
2023 2nd, 2024 1st, Bourgault he was our 1st rounder two drafts ago.
Yamo for cap space and EDM would also have to move Foegle out but I can’t see that being an issue as he is a big body that had a good playoff run.
Make it Broberg instead of Bourgault and it works.

Philly - Broberg, Yamamoto (cap dump), 1st 2024, 2nd 2023

Edmonton - Konecny

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Was this past year an outlier for him? Because it is the first time he got 30x30 and previous high was 24 goals 3 years in a row. Last year only got 11 for 79 games.

Seems like he is good to ink in 25 goals, but that is good for a 1st + A Prospect? Interesting to say the least. I would assume PHI GM is trying to shoot as high as possible but will settle at the end of the day if the deals stop coming in?

Very interested to see the end result with him.

Reactions: Duck Off

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Was this past year an outlier for him? Because it is the first time he got 30x30 and previous high was 24 goals 3 years in a row. Last year only got 11 for 79 games.

Seems like he is good to ink in 25 goals, but that is good for a 1st + A Prospect? Interesting to say the least. I would assume PHI GM is trying to shoot as high as possible but will settle at the end of the day if the deals stop coming in?

Very interested to see the end result with him.
He had 16 goals (not 11) and 52 points in 21-22.

I wouldnt consider 22-23 an outlier but time will tell. TK wouldnt be the first guy and wont be the last to have his breakout season in the 24-26 range.

Lastly he has two years left on his by all accounts wants to stay even with a rebuild. They will gladly keep him for the time being if the offers arent worth it.

Reactions: Detroit Knights

CF84

I want to go home, O I want to go home!
Feb 21, 2017
The real cowtown, AB
Apparently Mark Spector believes this is the value of Konecny with his bold prediction:
-Edmonton trades its second, McLeod and Yamamoto to Philadelphia for right-winger Konecny, defenceman Nick Seeler and a third-rounder.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: BernieParent

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Apparently Mark Spector believes this is the value of Konecny with his bold prediction:
-Edmonton trades its second, McLeod and Yamamoto to Philadelphia for right-winger Konecny, defenceman Nick Seeler and a third-rounder.

All things considered, that's not the most unrealistic deal I've seen in this thread

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Wait… is PHI accepting lowball offers?

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Make it Broberg instead of Bourgault and it works.

Philly - Broberg, Yamamoto (cap dump), 1st 2024, 2nd 2023

Edmonton - Konecny
I would think if aBroberg was I. The deal the 1st might be a 2nd as he will be a legit top 4 dman, size, skating,passing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad