Value of: Konecny

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Gotcha, misinterpreted your post

I'm surprised more people didn't make that connection. Certainly, Konecny is hitting his higher plane a couple years earlier in his career than Marchand did--he was 25/26, Marchand was 27/28 when his scoring really took off. "But 30+ goal-scoring sandpaper winger who can PK and blossomed after 25" is a pretty narrow archetype in the NHL.

And I was pointing to that player to underline how stupid it is to go "well looking at their whole careers." Some players have dramatically different development curves. DeBrusk is a fine player, but he isn't on the same planet as Konecny right now. So, ask yourself: what would you have been comfortable getting back if the Bruins traded Marchand in 2017?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Is freaking debrusk being compared to Konecny ITT?? lmao.

Konecny is closer to Marner but half the salary cap and sandpaper to add.

2023 you skipped in last post.

This isn't the hot tub time machine.

Watch a flyer game TK is not just better on o he is much better defensively. Flyers d talent is poor lets call it what it is. But the top 9 forwards on the whole have been fantastic 2 way and combined with the goaltending the reason why flyers don't give up more than 3 on the road. What is shocking is not TK is scoring because he is getting more minutes. You have it backwards. What is shocking is how TK can still get a ppg with the flyers having a hideous power play. Sanheim/risto etc. aren't pp qb's. The pp system puts midgets in front of the net and the flyers coaching is shocked they can't score. You have a head coach that hates creativity. And yet despite every factor fighting to make TK a 25 goal scorer he is on pace for 40.

TK was so good in 2022 he turned Laughton into a 40 point+ player and made Kevin bleeping Hayes an all star (why Hayes was chosen over tk is still stupid). Flyers are playing TK with Foerster for a while and Foerster for a 15 game stretch couldn't score in the red light district with $500 and yet TK is still piling up the points

This is not 2021 where G is leaking out to get his ppg. NOPE. This is 2 way hockey where the coach is playing a defensive system and tk still will get 40g.

The last paragraph was all about this 1/3rd of a season, lol. DeBrusk has also grown into an excellent defensive player. Even despite his slow shoot percentage start, every line DeBrusk has been on this year has seen dramatically better defensive stats. Like TK, DeBrusk only has 6 PPG last year and does most of his work at even strength.

Look, I prefer TK to DeBrusk. He is a driver while DeBrusk is a complementary winger. But folks comparing TK to Marner in this thread are reaching too far with a guy that has produced nearly identically to DeBrusk for his whole career. Even last season, TKs best, he only slightly outproduced DeBrusk.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
The last paragraph was all about this 1/3rd of a season, lol. DeBrusk has also grown into an excellent defensive player. Even despite his slow shoot percentage start, every line DeBrusk has been on this year has seen dramatically better defensive stats. Like TK, DeBrusk only has 6 PPG last year and does most of his work at even strength.

Look, I prefer TK to DeBrusk. He is a driver while DeBrusk is a complementary winger. But folks comparing TK to Marner in this thread are reaching too far with a guy that has produced nearly identically to DeBrusk for his whole career. Even last season, TKs best, he only slightly outproduced DeBrusk.
Slightly outproduced while on a bottom 7 team versus the team with the best regular season ever. Shocking.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021

Thought you kind of gave up on that DeBrusk struff…
6.5 seasons both were in the league, TK outproduced him every single one.

Wasnt last year Jake’s best too at 50?

win some, lose some.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Nearly identical :laugh:

237 P in 414 games (0.57 P/GP)

358 P in 519 games (0.69 P/GP)

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
At this point I'd have to say the flyers have to delay their plans for a rebuild maybe look into the next stage of building a contender, they have some good pieces upfront and some solid blue chip prospects coming in as well in Gauthier and Michkov. I'd say hold off on trading Konecny in my opinion.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019

Your last 10 posts have ignored the last 13 months BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Lets ignore the present.
Lets ignore 50 points seasons each player has in the past.
Lets ignore 40 + goal pace over 93 games. Clearly Scott Laughton made the difference.

Flyers fans Sean Walker's present doesn't count

Columbus fans Johnny Hockey's horrible season doesn't count this year

Canucks fans JT Miller season doesn't count

Vegas fans Adan Hill's season doesn't count

Patrick Laine fans don't worry. the last 2 seasons don't count.

I appreciate the laughter you have brought. But now its time to shake the dust off this nonsense.

Reactions: LemonSauceD

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
He averages the same 25 goals per 82 games as Jake DeBrusk over his career and he gets an extra one assist every 10 games.

The last 90 games or so he has gotten a giant boost in minutes and has scored closer to PPG as an even player as “the guy” on not great teams.

I wouldn’t pay these prices Philly fans are talking about in a million years.

Only 7 teams have scored fewer than the Flyers. They have the second worst powerplay in the league too. Yet, he's still doing pretty well.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
tk would look good in a nucks uniform. what would it take. 1st 2024+ leramaki+pods? or kuzmenko?
Every fan base. Stop looking at what you want to trade and look at what the flyers need.

They have under age 26 wingers
brink
cutter
foerster
tk
Tippett
Farabee
2 1's in 2024 if they want another wing (probably they go d since 24 draft looks good at d)

THE FLYERS DO NOT NEED YOUR WINGERS FOR TK!
JUST STOP WE WILL OFFER YOU OUR WINGER PROSPECTS/PLAYERS NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2) If the flyers are trading a player they do not in any wise want players expiring in 2025 where they will have to over pay to keep. the Flyers in 25 will have to give raises to TK, Hart and York. If is the definition of galactically stupid for the flyers to trade for Kuzmenko. If it double stupid to think an offensive player will get it back under torts and his value will be driven up to trade in the offseason.

3) if you want to be taken seriously
a) it better be overpayment to trash a playoff year as of today
b) it better include 1's plural or top center or top defense prospects not wings
c) Pouring on fallen prospects and 2's will cause flyer fans to laugh at you not praise you to make the deal look better.

4) Based on above Canucks fans you do not have the right prospect assets to get TK. Certain teams just don't fit. It happens. Move along.

Last edited:
Reactions: captainpaxil

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
There's 32 teams that would want Konecny on their team.
Philly is in a playoff race. Why would they want to trade one of their best players for anything but a crazy overpay?
I would love to see him in a Jets' uni for the rest of his career but wouldn't want to pay the asking price to attain him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad