Value of: Konecny

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Don’t need another cam York. One that seems on the brink of busting as well, in Heinola.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Konecny isn't worth a top 10 pick when he's 2 ywars away from UFA. No rebuilding team / bottom 10 team would even consider this.

The only teams who may be interested are the bubble teams that need offense, that's about it... Like Nashville ish

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Konecny isn't worth a top 10 pick when he's 2 ywars away from UFA. No rebuilding team / bottom 10 team would even consider this.

The only teams who may be interested are the bubble teams that need offense, that's about it... Like Nashville ish
He’d be perfect for Detroit. They definitely would consider it

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
He’d be perfect for Detroit. They definitely would consider it
He's a UFA at the end or his contract.

Not saying he wouldn't be a food fit but I don't see a top10 pick team betting on a guy who's UFA at the end of his current deal (an likelly looking for a near double.digit $ after)

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
He's a UFA at the end or his contract.

Not saying he wouldn't be a food fit but I don't see a top10 pick team betting on a guy who's UFA at the end of his current deal (an likelly looking for a near double.digit $ after)
I guess my counter would be that you're getting a ppg player on a very reasonable cap hit for 2 years and that's worth the risk with UFA.

I'm not so sure about a double digit cap hit. But you never know with the cap going up.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
I guess my counter would be that you're getting a ppg player on a very reasonable cap hit for 2 years and that's worth the risk with UFA.

I'm not so sure about a double digit cap hit. But you never know with the cap going up.
Again, you are talking about a top10 pick in a stack draft.

Debrincat was traded last year for a similar return and is an RFA with team control. Konecny isn't worth the risk for a team on the top10. A team like NSH around 15? Yah probably

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Again, you are talking about a top10 pick in a stack draft.

Debrincat was traded last year for a similar return and is an RFA with team control. Konecny isn't worth the risk for a team on the top10. A team like NSH around 15? Yah probably
I'd argue there is one team in the top 10 where Konecny would be worth the risk: Washington, at 8. They're pretty public about not actually going in on a rebuild until Ovechkin's career is over, and a line of Ovechkin-Backstrom-Konecny would be something special over the next two years. (Also, it'd help take some of the pressure off Backstrom, given he's still not that far removed from a pretty serious surgery.) They could then either keep TK and try to manage a transition out of the Ovechkin years, or trade him in 1.5 years for a pretty nice return.

Other than that, yeah, I don't see anyone in the top 10 who wouldn't rather someone with more team control. Maybe St. Louis at a stretch.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
I'd argue there is one team in the top 10 where Konecny would be worth the risk: Washington, at 8. They're pretty public about not actually going in on a rebuild until Ovechkin's career is over, and a line of Ovechkin-Backstrom-Konecny would be something special over the next two years. (Also, it'd help take some of the pressure off Backstrom, given he's still not that far removed from a pretty serious surgery.) They could then either keep TK and try to manage a transition out of the Ovechkin years, or trade him in 1.5 years for a pretty nice return.

Other than that, yeah, I don't see anyone in the top 10 who wouldn't rather someone with more team control. Maybe St. Louis at a stretch.
I would be all over this as a Flyers fan. I’d even take a cap dump back to match cap hits. I’d love for the Flyers to have picks 7&8 with 2 cracks at that tier of players around that area

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
It seems to me that most Flyers fans expect to get a top 6 player in return for every player on their horrible roster. Travis Konecny is probably the best player on their roster at this point, but he is still not a top line player. Trading him away for additional draft picks would be great for Konecny, but the draft picks in return would be future prospects instead of much needed strength on their current roster. I doubt that he'll be moved.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
It seems to me that most Flyers fans expect to get a top 6 player in return for every player on their horrible roster. Travis Konecny is probably the best player on their roster at this point, but he is still not a top line player. Trading him away for additional draft picks would be great for Konecny, but the draft picks in return would be future prospects instead of much needed strength on their current roster. I doubt that he'll be moved.
Do the Flyers think they're going to be able to retool into a contender instead of rebuilding? Gonna be tough without Couturier and Ellis, with the Ristolainen contract, etc. They should rebuild IMO, at least a "soft rebuild" (keep Sanheim keep Farabee possibly keep Hart).

Reactions: BernieParent

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Curious what Philly fans think is fair value for Konecny.

The Blues have 2 later 1st round picks that could be in play. I have no idea if Army has any interest of course but Konecny checks the box of a top 6 need. It would be more beneficial if he could play center but meh.
Makes no sense. He will be UFA after only 2 seasons. Blues won't be contender during either of those seasons. He is fine player but awful fit.

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Do the Flyers think they're going to be able to retool into a contender instead of rebuilding? Gonna be tough without Couturier and Ellis, with the Ristolainen contract, etc. They should rebuild IMO, at least a "soft rebuild" (keep Sanheim keep Farabee possibly keep Hart).
Not in the slightest. At least on this board, all but like 3 of us are screaming for the team to get rid of everyone, strip the franchise down to the studs, and start again with a goal of having a functioning franchise 5 or so years down the line. Problem is, the people who would have to sign off on that seem to still be taking advice and input from the gaggle of out of touch idiots who got us here to begin with. We also appear to be going at things backwards, having hired the coach first, the (technically still interim) GM second, and the President of Hockey Ops third (well, not yet, but soon enough.)

If all goes well, they'll actually get rid of most everyone over the age of 25, and possibly a few people younger than that, but we've been conditioned not to expect things to go well.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008

Other than that, yeah, I don't see anyone in the top 10 who wouldn't rather someone with more team control. Maybe St. Louis at a str
I would be all over this as a Flyers fan. I’d even take a cap dump back to match cap hits. I’d love for the Flyers to have picks 7&8 with 2 cracks at that tier of players around that area
I bet Washington gets as excited as I do about a potential miro michkov combo maybe O'Brien or another b tier guy going back to balance the risk.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Weird post
Yes Konecny is a top 6 player on pretty much every team.
No, fans do not expect top 6 player in return for their older available players. Hayes, Ristolainen, Provorov, Sanheim, Laughton, DeAngelo.
No, they dont need strength on their current roster as they are rebuilding.
Good luck finding a Flyers fan wishing to see their own picks or young guys traded for immediate help.

Ristolainen, Ghost and DeAngelo set them back a few years. Time to move on and do more Giroux-type deal: 1st, 3rd and Tippett who is doing real good and seems poised for 30 goals 60 pts.

Tippett, Foerster, Brink all rw

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
He's easily a top line player, an elite one too. His 5v5 production since he's broke into the league matches that up.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Couturier is "healthy." He could've played the end of the year, they chose to not have him do that.

Konecny is one of the few popular people here, for an organization that has very little of those. Supposedly anything is on the table, but he's still more valuable to the Flyers, so whoever wants him is going to have to come get him. Same with Laughton. Laughton is very likely to be the captain whenever they feel like naming one, and when you're the Flyers, being captain is second only to being God. Or Bobby Clarke, whoever you think is God. They still need to ice a roster next year, and with no Bedard in next year's draft, less of an incentive to gut it with a machete.

Reactions: BernieParent

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Were you saying the 26 and 28th picks were worth the 8th overall?
Combined yes the package has the same odds of the type of nhl player you can expect from the odds at 8. There’s multiple models out there that give draft picks value based on player probabilities at the slots.

• Haha
Reactions: BlueDream

Bond

May 10, 2012
Combined yes the package has the same odds of the type of nhl player you can expect from the odds at 8. There’s multiple models out there that give draft picks value based on player probabilities at the slots.
Yeah. No way that ever happens. Maybe in the NFL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad