Kitchener Rangers 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Yes…you are correct. I’m sure London won’t be resting any players as I’m guessing they would rather play OS then KIT.

Reactions: rangersblues

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
The latest...........

1679814619553.png

We need OS to lose if there were to be a Rangers / Knights rematch. If they win, we need at least a OT loss to make that happen. The middle of the pack is settled.....It will be an all Michigan playoff series as well as Guelph vs. Sarnia.

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017
...and regarding the upcoming draft, as it stands right now it appears to me Kitchener would pick at #10 and #12.
Niagara has the compensatory pick at #5, Kitchener has the compensatory pick at #10. The Rangers finish 10th from the bottom, meaning that their pick for this season would be #12.

I believe my math / facts are correct (?)

Regarding the potential drafting of the younger Brzustewicz, are the Rangers going to consider drafting him if they were to trade Hunter Brzustewicz next season ? Are the Rangers even considering trading Hunter Brzustewicz ? If not, how the heck does MM get all the draft picks back that he said he would ?

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Well, we can’t be using a 1st on him. It’s possible he’s taken by another team in the 2nd round and we work out a deal to get him here.
Totally agree on the 1st and forgot about no 2nd. MUST take two solid 1sts who will report. No time for "hoping" someone will report.

Ethan Weir would be a nice add (if he doesn't get taken prior to 10th pick).

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Regarding the potential drafting of the younger Brzustewicz, are the Rangers going to consider drafting him if they were to trade Hunter Brzustewicz next season ? Are the Rangers even considering trading Hunter Brzustewicz ? If not, how the heck does MM get all the draft picks back that he said he would ?
Scenario:

-Saginaw is awarded the hosting duties.
-MM immediately goes into talks with Saginaw and the Brzustewicz clan.
-Henry Brzustewicz quietly makes it known that he’ll only play for Saginaw.
-Saginaw takes him in the 2nd round, the round he is currently ranked in (22nd).
-When the summer trade window opens, Rangers trade Hunter to Saginaw for the max return as they’d be getting a full year of his services.

The Brzustewicz clan is happy to have their brothers playing together. They’ll get a shot at winning a Memorial Cup. Saginaw is happy to have added a stud D for their run. The Rangers are happy as they’d be getting the biggest possible return in moving Hunter in the offseason instead of at the deadline

Then, to expand on these dealings with Saginaw, at the deadline, we move 1.5 years of Rehkopf to Saginaw for a massive package that would include the player they’ll take in the 1st round in this draft.

That gives Saginaw a stud sniper for their run who they can sell off in the next off season to start their rebuild. That gives the Rangers a third player taken in the 1st round of this draft. Great way to start the rebuild.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Yes…you are correct. I’m sure London won’t be resting any players as I’m guessing they would rather play OS then KIT.
London will ice same roster as last nights game in Windsor. They sat 7 regulars and called up several kids from B. 1st round opponent doesnt figure into it.

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017
EvenSteven:

Well thought out. I too felt that Hunter B. would be a good fit for Saginaw for a couple of reasons. Your additional sequence of events makes total sense to me.

Last edited:

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Well thought out. I too felt that Hunter B. would be a good fit for Saginaw for a couple of reasons. Your additional sequence of events makes total sense to me.
It would be a whole lot easier getting both to waive no trade clauses to go to the Memorial Cup host.

Also makes a ton of sense to move both earlier than later to maximize the return.

Reactions: Habsrule

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
It would be a whole lot easier getting both to waive no trade clauses to go to the Memorial Cup host.

Also makes a ton of sense to move both earlier than later to maximize the return.
Doesn't the scenario where trading Brzustuwicz exclusively to Saginaw have a big risk of significantly reducing the return? Kind of like Bracco.

Reactions: All the Answers

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Doesn't the scenario where trading Brzustuwicz exclusively to Saginaw have a big risk of significantly reducing the return? Kind of like Bracco.
Credit to Even for this hypothetical scenario. Good job! This year has been a bust at best and I am sure the players aren't all that pleased with the mess. What if Even's hypothetical turned out that Hunter B. demands a trade to play with his brother if he would only report to Saggy? MM would get skinned and tacked to the barn door in Saginaw. Opposing GMs might look at the Rangers as a desperate franchise with a bare cupboard. Ala Niagara. We could become the Niagara of the West.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
There’s always a danger of a player reducing his value if he says he’ll only report to one team. That being said, in this case, if I’m MM, I’m not sending him to Saginaw early if the return isn’t right. I’d wait til the last minute at the deadline to make the move. Better to get a half season out of Brzustewucz if you’re forced to deal him at a discount.

That being said, initially, the return for Bracco was bad (Burns. Carter. 3x2nds). But once you factor in that the Bracco deal was part one of a two part deal that brought us Logan Stanley….

Windsor fans could argue that the return for Stanley as a stand alone trade was light as well. (2x2nds. 3rd. 4th. 15th). That return for a full season of one of the best D in the league with vast playoff and Memorial Cup experience?

At the end of the day, the Bracco deal worked out just fine for us.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Why are we sitting players? Personally I’d think they would want to play London over Windsor? I don’t get this at all.

London playing full line up as they don’t want do play KIT in round 1.

Watch us lose today and get sweeped by Windsor.

Horrible decision I think.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Josh Brown reports that London will play full lineup.

Rangers will not. NO Pinelli, Mesar, Moore, and wait for it......Schmidt.
I originally thought the Knights would play the roster from last night in Windsor but...

Londons last home game of regular season. Makes sense they would ice full roster.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Why are we sitting players? Personally I’d think they would want to play London over Windsor? I don’t get this at all.

London playing full line up as they don’t want do play KIT in round 1.

Watch us lose today and get sweeped by Windsor.

Horrible decision I think.
Sometimes I wonder if MM is just trying to piss off the fanbase.

• Haha
Reactions: rangersblues and K2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad