Kitchener Rangers 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Ugg, Arcuri. Such a weak play at the blue line. Non factor if the puck isn't on his stick in the O zone.
Ugh! I agree. A team that cannot hold a 3 goals lead with 2+ minutes remain is not going to have success in the playoffs. Sheesh, 2 of those goals went off Ranger defenders. You would think after the game, the coaches will tell them, "Take the man rather than try playing 2nd goaltender! This finish was soooooooooooooo disappointing.

What really irked me, and still does even after the game, is that the announcers mistakenly thought that the Rangers controlled their own destiny and just needed to win their last 2 games. The fact is, or was, is that they needed to beat Flint in REGULATION! I guess it's all moot now. Try to avoid playing Sarnia, I suppose.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Hate how we lost but was kind of hoping to get London in the first round again. I feel like we could do something there.

Reactions: dirty12

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022
Both will want lose to avoid Sarnia lol

Sorry GUE one point up. Rangers control their destiny. Just lose Sunday

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022
Need a point Sunday to avoid 8th if OS wins out. Tiebreaker would keep in 7th.

But you’ll have the benefit of knowing how OS does tomorrow.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Hate how we lost but was kind of hoping to get London in the first round again. I feel like we could do something there.
That’s what I was thinking all game. What are the Rangers trying to do?!?! Just let Flint win. It’s win-win. They’ll both avoid Sarnia that way.

Ranger77

Dec 29, 2014
Such a disappointing loss! The atmosphere was great in The Aud in that 3rd period when the Rangers were pulling away, but the defensive woes that have been plaguing this team all season flared up late in the 3rd.

I watched Schmidt every time he was out there tonight and boy, did he struggle. He gave up the puck behind our net on the first Flint goal. Worst part was that he made no effort to get back in the play after the turnover. He had trouble making accurate passes and plays with basically zero intensity.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Such a disappointing loss! The atmosphere was great in The Aud in that 3rd period when the Rangers were pulling away, but the defensive woes that have been plaguing this team all season flared up late in the 3rd.
Loudest i can recall the Aud being in a regular season game.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I have this gut feeling that Schmidt will still be in the OHL next year. I know that he has signed his ELC with Tampa but I can’t see a way that he can play in the AHL next year. If he gets sent back to Kitchener next year as an over ager I can see the team trading him. Some sucker of a team will love his size and will think that they are going to get a beast of a player in Schmidt. Unless he goes the ECHL route next year.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Fans are looking in the wrong place for a goat after the armature hour the coaches put on last night. Every coach worth his salt would have gone into a defensive mode in the most important game of the regular season up 5-2 with 3 minutes left. Players should have been instructed to trap and keep Flint to the outside and hold pucks along the boards to kill off the time left. Instead they were out there trying to get Acuri his 50th goal. On Schmidt , if Deboer was coaching a 6'5" 220 pound defenseman in a developmental league he would be ready for the NHL after 2 years. Instead he is here spinning his wheels like all the other Dmen being coached to play an offensive roll and forget about the back end. Look at Hollet. On development as a Dman his skill level never moved an inch.
MM comes out after he screwed the pooch again and fluffs off the loss to junior hockey. Someone said he is a gambler. This is the bunch we are to trust with the next draft. This wasn't on the players this was totally on coaching. Constantini probably can't wait to get of this circus. MM should get a job selling Bobby Margaritas after his silly comment about junior hockey. Fans are more intelligent to fall for that weak ass excuse.

Last edited:

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
I dont really have words. I wont be going to playoff games so that was my sendoff for the year. I am ready for this rollercoaster of a season to end. Quick sweep please.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
I don’t see us drafting Henry.

First, he’s ranked 22nd. Using one of our 1sts on him wouldn’t make sense as there will be better players on the board. I don’t see a repeat of a Steve Spott type move where we take a 2nd round ranked player in the 1st round (Pederson) because we don’t have a 2nd round pick and he won’t be on the board in the 3rd.

Second, we don’t have a pick in the 2nd round and he’ll likely be gone when we pick in the third.

Third, MM has already shown he won’t pick a brother “just because”. Luca Pinelli was on the board but he took Rehkopf instead. The right move? Jury may still out but I don’t hear anyone comp

Never say never. If the family and Henry want to be here, it just might happen.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I said at the deadline that sending him elsewhere would have been a net positive. I don't understand how he has an ELC signed.
Closing in on 50 goals and a point per game in his D+1. I think that warrants an ELC shot. I think Arcuri is a top 6 or bust kind of prospect though which does not bode well for him.

Still, it 100% makes sense he got an ELC with those numbers.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Fans are looking in the wrong place for a goat after the armature hour the coaches put on last night. Every coach worth his salt would have gone into a defensive mode in the most important game of the regular season up 5-2 with 3 minutes left. Players should have been instructed to trap and keep Flint to the outside and hold pucks along the boards to kill off the time left. Instead they were out there trying to get Acuri his 50th goal. On Schmidt , if Deboer was coaching a 6'5" 220 pound defenseman in a developmental league he would be ready for the NHL after 2 years. Instead he is here spinning his wheels like all the other Dmen being coached to play an offensive roll and forget about the back end. Look at Hollet. On development as a Dman his skill level never moved an inch.
MM comes out after he screwed the pooch again and fluffs off the loss to junior hockey. Someone said he is a gambler. This is the bunch we are to trust with the next draft. This wasn't on the players this was totally on coaching. Constantini probably can't wait to get of this circus. MM should get a job selling Bobby Margaritas after his silly comment about junior hockey. Fans are more intelligent to fall for that weak ass excuse.
I completely agree about the DeBoer comment on Schmidt. He would be one of the most feared defencemen in the OHL. Andonovski would be the second coming of him. If Hollett was playing back on defence too then man that could be three big and physical defencemen to play against. That’s a nightmare for any team. Man I miss those days.

HolyRoller

Feb 1, 2010
I have this gut feeling that Schmidt will still be in the OHL next year. I know that he has signed his ELC with Tampa but I can’t see a way that he can play in the AHL next year. If he gets sent back to Kitchener next year as an over ager I can see the team trading him. Some sucker of a team will love his size and will think that they are going to get a beast of a player in Schmidt. Unless he goes the ECHL route next year.
He may actually get coached in the AHL next year and not come back.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
He may actually get coached in the AHL next year and not come back.
True. I’m not meaning to make him the scapegoat or blaming him at all. I’m just saying his size is his only professional attribute that he currently has. He makes too many mental mistakes for my liking. Bad turnovers, bad pinches.

I would not mind it at all if he took up this massive mean streak. It’s fine if he takes a bunch of penalties too. If opposing players become scared of him and don’t want to go in the corners with him or battle him in front of the net then it is a long play win.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
True. I’m not meaning to make him the scapegoat or blaming him at all. I’m just saying his size is his only professional attribute that he currently has. He makes too many mental mistakes for my liking. Bad turnovers, bad pinches.

I would not mind it at all if he took up this massive mean streak. It’s fine if he takes a bunch of penalties too. If opposing players become scared of him and don’t want to go in the corners with him or battle him in front of the net then it is a long play win.
I wouldn't blame Schmidt for his defensive short comings with the Rangers. Never had a decent coach. I really don't think MM or his staff have a clue about coaching. Especially team defense. Last nights example is proof. Schmidt is actually a plus Dman. Go figure. One glaring thing that stood out last night was physicality. Rangers might have thrown about 3 hits where as Flint hit every period. Rangers just aren't built for the play offs let alone the regular season and they aren't a small team. Last night Flint had players wide open in front of Constantini with no defense with in six feet. Guess the blind guys standing behind the players on the bench couldn't see that far. I really feel if this team was privately owned there would have been a couple of heads roll after that spectacle last night. Otherwise it's a mulligan into infinity and beyond.

Reactions: rangersblues
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad