Kitchener Rangers 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
Sometimes I wonder if MM is just trying to piss off the fanbase.
"Our mission is the same regardless of the opponent. I feel that our players deserve a rest to get ready for the week ahead" we all know this will be the response when Pope asks him post game.

K2

Jun 11, 2015
Watch us lose today and get sweeped by Windsor.
Saggy trying to help our cause by answering OS's quick start with 3 quick goals...

Screen Shot 2023-03-26 at 6.15.20 PM.png

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Pinelli, Constantini... Who else is out?

Nelli - as a knights fan question for you. If you are the Rangers who would you rather play…London or Windsor?

I think the west order is Sarnia, Windsor and then London. Do you see it as the same? I’m just dead shocked at what MM is doing here.

And that question isn’t meant to start a pissing war between fans. Just a honest question and if other fan bases see it the same way.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Why are we sitting players? Personally I’d think they would want to play London over Windsor? I don’t get this at all.

London playing full line up as they don’t want do play KIT in round 1.

Watch us lose today and get sweeped by Windsor.

Horrible decision I think.
Watching this game, I don't think it really matters if we play London OR Windsor. Either will be a short series. Time to start looking at that earlier draft pick. I know we are missing some key players but I don't see us upsetting either one of these teams.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Nelli - as a knights fan question for you. If you are the Rangers who would you rather play…London or Windsor?

I think the west order is Sarnia, Windsor and then London. Do you see it as the same? I’m just dead shocked at what MM is doing here.
I think Kitchener has a better chance of beating London than Windsor. We've struggled in the last 10 games, team chemistry is gone, defensive lapses, special teams on the decline. Think you're dead on with Sarnia, Windsor and London in that order. I can't comment on MM, don't know enough. On paper, Rangers look strong.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I think Kitchener has a better chance of beating London than Windsor. We've struggled in the last 10 games, team chemistry is gone, defensive lapses, special teams on the decline. Think you're dead on with Sarnia, Windsor and London in that order. I can't comment on MM, don't know enough. On paper, Rangers look strong.
MM is doing his best to allow London to regain their chemistry.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022

And that question isn’t meant to start a pissing war between fans. Just a honest question and if other fan bases see it the same way.

I know the ? wasn't for me but I'd go with your order of top 3 for sure. Sar/Wind/then London.
If I'm Ktown I actually might want the Spits.
Let the Hounds loose, play run n gun, n just try n outscore em.

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
My personal opinion,

I think London would have been the easiest path to the 2nd round. Saying that i'd still take London over Kitchener but nothing about that London roster screams power house. Good team yes but they aren't going to ware you down physically like a Windsor or Sarnia.

Out of the 3,

London has the edge in net.

Windsor has the better offence

Sarnia has a better offence than London and a better d core then both.

London by far is the more flawed team of the 3. They aren't an easy out but they'd be the easiest path to the 2nd round for kitchener if you ask me.

spits

Jul 24, 2013
Why did Kitchener rest so many guys today? It looks as if they preferred to play Windsor. Odd to me since Windsor outscored Kitchener 25-13 this season. To be honest, I was hoping to avoid Kitchener. Looking at this skilled roster, I have to ask, how in the world did this Kitchener squad finish in 8th???

Reactions: Section 103

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Would love to see the Rangers send this into overtime only to make the announcers look like fools. They are already promoting a Knights Attack playoff but the Rangers finish 7th with an OT loss. Unfortunately, the Knights just made it 5-1.

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
Why did Kitchener rest so many guys today? It looks as if they preferred to play Windsor. Odd to me since Windsor outscored Kitchener 25-13 this season. To be honest, I was hoping to avoid Kitchener. Looking at this skilled roster, I have to ask, how in the world did this Kitchener squad finish in 8th???
Because we are living in the chaos timeline. I'd avoid Kitchener too, nobody knows their next move, including themselves.

Mar 12, 2009
I prefer 8th. The first round against any of the top 3 is a gamble at the very best, with only a little bit separating any of them from each other. I'd rather get pick 5/6 to go with 11 than 7-9 (unless they do it strictly by points after the bottom 4, but it would be odd to have a 5th in conference place Sudbury team picking ahead of 8th place in conference Kitchener), when the result is probably going to be the same on the ice regardless of if it was Windsor or London.

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017
Watching this game, I don't think it really matters if we play London OR Windsor. Either will be a short series. Time to start looking at that earlier draft pick. I know we are missing some key players but I don't see us upsetting either one of these teams.

I agree. To me it doesn't matter. Finishing this low in the standings ensures you play 3 top west teams in a row (should they have a well-placed horseshoe) whether you're 7th or 8th. I'm not getting caught up in the recency bias thinking that since Kitchener beat London last year, that there's a good chance it happens again. This year, for whatever reason has been very much a story of underachievement. The cupboard has been emptied for what you see in the standings today. I was baffled after the 0-5 start. It baffles me after game 68.

Personally I'll take the one better position in the draft as a consolation prize (I believe now #10 and #11....maybe if I'm not mistaken). After this season we wipe the slate clean, and have a large hole to climb out of. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad