Kitchener Rangers 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Let’s talk about next year for a little bit here.

I am going with the assumption that Pinelli and Arcuri are both gone to the AHL. Zhilkin and Schmidt are both AHL eligible and have signed contracts. I am assuming that both play pro next season although I can see either as possibility returning. Neither have really dominated the OHL this year.

I am going with the assumption that Martin, Sop and Motew will be the overagers. Hollett is the only other option.

Mesar I have up in the air for a return. I think that the Habs would like him to play in Laval next year but they have Roy, Kidney and Farrell all going to the AHL next year. Maybe holding Mesar back a year and not having four rookies in the lineup would be best. Him and Beck will go pro the next season. Mesar could be a top 10 player next year in the OHL and dominate.

Rangers have Parsons, Vandenberg and DiFilece in net for next year. One could be traded for other help.

Rangers will have two top 10 picks in the draft who could be immediate help.

You never know what Rangers picks could possibly join the OHL. Longacre I think may be possible just by stat checking. He has one goal and three assists in 42 games. Next year is his NHL draft season and he may play a much bigger role on the Rangers to be scouted by the NHL.

Mesar Rehkopf Martin
Swick Sop Mercer
Bottineau Morey Misaljevic
Pugliese

Motew Brzustewicz
Hamara Andonovski
Scott

Parsons
Vandenberg
DiFilece

Love The Game

Apr 22, 2019
The only way the Rangers will have a chance at Not losing 4 straight in the first round, is if the coaches want to play to win. That means shorten the bench and play the players that want to actually play the game.

LostRangers

Feb 1, 2023
I could see the Rangers or any one of the bottom 3 seeds potentially upsetting a top seed in the playoffs. London would seem most prone to upset (like 2022) and Sarnia has always been seemingly cursed in the playoffs despite their occasional high seeding or loaded rosters. We'll see soon enough.

Great to see. Seem's he was confident enough in that shoulder to rack up 109 PIMs in 30 games this season!

Whenever I'm traveling I seek out local games to attend and sure have watched a lot of former Rangers in minor pro, Usports, etc again this year. Always great to see! Recently, I was surprised to see one time Ranger Charlie Dodero playing in France!
Petizian was named a Tournament AllStar in the University Cup tourney!

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
Let’s talk about next year for a little bit here.

I am going with the assumption that Pinelli and Arcuri are both gone to the AHL. Zhilkin and Schmidt are both AHL eligible and have signed contracts. I am assuming that both play pro next season although I can see either as possibility returning. Neither have really dominated the OHL this year.

I am going with the assumption that Martin, Sop and Motew will be the overagers. Hollett is the only other option.

Mesar I have up in the air for a return. I think that the Habs would like him to play in Laval next year but they have Roy, Kidney and Farrell all going to the AHL next year. Maybe holding Mesar back a year and not having four rookies in the lineup would be best. Him and Beck will go pro the next season. Mesar could be a top 10 player next year in the OHL and dominate.

Rangers have Parsons, Vandenberg and DiFilece in net for next year. One could be traded for other help.

Rangers will have two top 10 picks in the draft who could be immediate help.

You never know what Rangers picks could possibly join the OHL. Longacre I think may be possible just by stat checking. He has one goal and three assists in 42 games. Next year is his NHL draft season and he may play a much bigger role on the Rangers to be scouted by the NHL.

Mesar Rehkopf Martin

Swick Sop Mercer

Bottineau Morey Misaljevic

Pugliese

Motew Brzustewicz

Hamara Andonovski

Scott

Parsons

Vandenberg

DiFilece

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
Zhilkin has a much more pro ready game than Arcuri, but I agree both Franciscos are gone next year. I could see Schmidt back, he'd be hard pressed to keep up at the AHL level - pro size only. Mesar is gone. After the cluster#*(£ of a season the Rangers have had I think we're going to be in tough to get "bubble" prospects from NHL teams to report here.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
It's offical.......we're in 7th again. Thank you, Sarnia! Though It was sort of expected. Top 3 have tightened up as well. It's going to be a fun finish at both ends of the standings.

1679479406738.png

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Rangers need to remain in 7th and London in 2nd for any chance in the playoffs. Erie win tonight is a must.
A Guelph loss to Windsor would be nice. I would think that Windsor will want to hold onto 1st.

Then Friday, Windsor at London. Windsor could cement 1st here?
OS at Sarnia. Should favour Sarnia (even with players out) but OS will push to win and try to get out of 8th.
Flint at Kitchener. We'll see.

Saturday, Rangers no game.
Flint at OS. London at Windsor. Guelph at Saginaw.

Sunday, Rangers at London.
OS at Saginaw.
Depending on what happens prior will determine how important these games are for a Rangers 7th (providing London stays in 2nd). Best matchup for Rangers IMO and should be a great round no matter who comes out on top.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Rangers need to remain in 7th and London in 2nd for any chance in the playoffs. Erie win tonight is a must.
A Guelph loss to Windsor would be nice. I would think that Windsor will want to hold onto 1st.

OS at Sarnia. Should favour Sarnia (even with players out) but OS will push to win and try to get out of 8th.

OS at Saginaw.
Depending on what happens prior will determine how important these games are for a Rangers 7th (providing London stays in 2nd). Best matchup for Rangers IMO and should be a great round no matter who comes out on top.
That's what makes it so exciting and interesting. London could very well end up in 3rd and therefore Rangers would have to get into 6th! Or London could end up 1st (if they sweep their head to head with Windsor) and then we would have to pretty much tank to end up in 8th. We'll know better as the weekend progresses.

A Windsor win tonight gives them a leg up but I believe if London ends up tied for 1st, they get the tie breaker. If Windsor DOES win tonight, and London sweeps them, and Sarnia wins their final 3 (all lower ranked teams), Sarnia would sit in 1st, London 2nd and Windsor 3th. London would have to win their final game in order to finish 1st.............against the Rangers!

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
Best case scenario is Kitchener 5th and London 1st. With this result there would me a MINUTE chance the Rangers see the 3rd round. I can't see the Rangers beating SAR or WSR this year.

Unfortunately if this happens it likely means the brass (undeservedly) keep their jobs.

That's what makes it so exciting and interesting. London could very well end up in 3rd and therefore Rangers would have to get into 6th! Or London could end up 1st (if they sweep their head to head with Windsor) and then we would have to pretty much tank to end up in 8th. We'll know better as the weekend progresses.

A Windsor win tonight gives them a leg up but I believe if London ends up tied for 1st, they get the tie breaker. If Windsor DOES win tonight, and London sweeps them, and Sarnia wins their final 3 (all lower ranked teams), Sarnia would sit in 1st, London 2nd and Windsor 3th. London would have to win their final game in order to finish 1st.............against the Rangers!
London can finish no lower than 2nd in the conference as a division winner.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace

OS at Saginaw.
London is either 1st or 2nd. Also Windsor holds the tie breaker on both London and Sarnia.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
One indicator of a decent team defense is goals against. London has the lowest GA in the west and has scored 25 more goals than the Rangers. I don't see any of the top 3 being an easy out for Kitchener.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
One indicator of a decent team defense is goals against. London has the lowest GA in the west and has scored 25 more goals than the Rangers. I don't see any of the top 3 being an easy out for Kitchener.
Agreed. We are all hoping for some sort of "X factor". I.E. The Sarnia playoff curse, lingering Windsor injuries, etc.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
On the bright side for Kitchener if you get out of the first round you are on equal footing going forward..
( I don't know if this makes sense to anyone else.. it does in my mind)

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Agreed. We are all hoping for some sort of "X factor". I.E. The Sarnia playoff curse, lingering Windsor injuries, etc.
Don't forget the Mike Petizian mind trick. Little gnat the Knights players swatted at thinking he was nothing more than a pest. He stung them in the end.:naughty:

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020

Absolutely none are easy of the top 3. Kitchener has managed competitive games against London, much less so vs SAR and WSR. That's the ONLY reason I'd want to play London.

Reactions: bobber

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
Against SAR 0-4
2.25 GF 5.25GA
3 goal differential
Against WSR 0-4
3.25GF 6.25GA
3 goal differential
Against LDN 1-4
3GF 4.4GA
1.4 goal differential.
2 of the London losses, one WSR loss, and none of the SAR losses were by 1 goal. The last game will definitely matter to Kitchener, and may or may not to London so these numbers may change, perhaps in a meaningful way.

London also did not load up as much, this scares me less. However I feel that London is far and away best coached and have complete buy in to their systems.

Reactions: bobber

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Against SAR 0-4
2.25 GF 5.25GA
3 goal differential
Against WSR 0-4
3.25GF 6.25GA
3 goal differential
Against LDN 1-4
3GF 4.4GA
1.4 goal differential.
2 of the London losses, one WSR loss, and none of the SAR losses were by 1 goal. The last game will definitely matter to Kitchener, and may or may not to London so these numbers may change, perhaps in a meaningful way.

London also did not load up as much, this scares me less. However I feel that London is far and away best coached and have complete buy in to their systems.
I guess London is the lessor of the three evils. ;)

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
On the bright side for Kitchener if you get out of the first round you are on equal footing going forward..
( I don't know if this makes sense to anyone else.. it does in my mind)
Not really. Kitchener will have to play one of Windsor, London or Sarnia in each round unless they manage to work their way to 5th. That means a tough opponent each round barring a major upset. Whoever the 2nd seed is after the first round would get the winner of the 4 vs 5 series if Kitchener wins in the first round.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Not really. Kitchener will have to play one of Windsor, London or Sarnia in each round unless they manage to work their way to 5th. That means a tough opponent each round barring a major upset. Whoever the 2nd seed is after the first round would get the winner of the 4 vs 5 series if Kitchener wins in the first round.
That would all depend on how many upsets there are.

Reactions: rangersblues
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad