Proposal: Kings-Canadiens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
It actually is

I used different names with out any personal attachments to Montreal and that is how far off we see it. Point stands, it would take a lot bring in a solid Center. Let alone for a small winger who has yet to outscore our big center who get 2nd line minutes on a Super Defensive Darryl Sutter Team

Gallagher would be hard pressed to duplicate the numbers he puts in Montreal.

No not really, Gallagher has shown he can produce no matter his line mates and vs the top teams in the NHL. He actually plays his best when the pressure is on. Thats when hes at his best.

member 88115

No not really, Gallagher has shown he can produce no matter his line mates and vs the top teams in the NHL. He actually plays his best when the pressure is on. Thats when hes at his best.
What is his career high. Carter still out scores him on the 2nd line. Gally does not play for Sutter. Here Gallagher would need to forecheck and win board battles every shift versus a Big Pacific Division. Even Carter has to get down and dirty.

Last edited by a moderator:

RyderRocks73

Jul 1, 2015
Moncton, NB
What is his career high. Carter still out scores him on the 2nd line. Gally does not play for Sutter. Here Gallagher would need to forecheck and win board battles every shift versus a Big Pacific Division. Even Carter has to get down and dirty.

Right. And you're going to assume Gallagher's a floater?

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
By that logic I guess Weber is better then Subban.

Weber is better than Subban

you know who else thinks so? the Montreal Canadiens

so either the Montreal Canadiens are insane at evaluating players

or

POOCHIE

hmmm Montreal Canadiens? Poochie? who has more knowledge on hockey...Poochie?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
the easiest response to any proposal is both teams pass... because in reality very few trades happen so at least one team is passing...

as i try to judge this deal as an outsider... i think both sides could probably address their needs better with other trading partners. i dont really think montreal is needing to add that much age for what is basically a second line center. they are stuck with plekanec already in that role.

la seams stuck with dustin brown as their smallish agitator...

both teams look headed towards rebuilds to me... neither one should be dealing their prized prospects. montreal shouldnt be dealing gallager either

if LA does decide to start rebuilding carter should be used to bring back 2-3 building pieces. but LA is probably hoping for another cup run before they begin their rebuild in earnest so carter is important to keep for that

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
FIRST 4 YEARS GALLAGHER:
2012–13 Montreal Canadiens NHL 44 15 13 28pts = .636
2013–14 Montreal Canadiens NHL 81 19 22 41pts = .506
2014–15 Montreal Canadiens NHL 82 24 23 47pts = .573
2015–16 Montreal Canadiens NHL 53 19 21 40pts = .754

FIRST 4 YEARS CARTER:
2005–06 Philadelphia Flyers NHL 81 23 19 42pts = .518
2006–07 Philadelphia Flyers NHL 62 14 23 37pts = .596
2007–08 Philadelphia Flyers NHL 82 29 24 53pts = .646
2008–09 Philadelphia Flyers NHL 82 46 38 84pts = 1.02

THE LAST 4 YEARS CARTER:
2012–13 Los Angeles Kings NHL 48 26 7 33pts = .687
2013–14 Los Angeles Kings NHL 72 27 23 50pts = .694
2014–15 Los Angeles Kings NHL 82 28 34 62pts = .756
2015–16 Los Angeles Kings NHL 77 24 38 62pts = .805

GALLAGHER IN THE PLAYOFFS: 34-9-9-18pts = .529

CARTER IN THE PLAYOFFS: 116-39-35-74pts = .637

INTERNATIONAL GALLAGHER:
Junior Totals: 12-5-6-11pts = .916
Senior Totals: 10-2-3-5pts = .5

INTERNATIONAL CARTER:
Junior Totals: 19-14-9-23pts = 1.21
Senior Totals: 15-7-4-11pts = .733

CARTER's best year; 46goals as a 4th year and has scored at least 20 goals the last 5 years as a poor aging dying veteran

GALLAGHER's best year 24goals, and as a vibrating young millennial, that was his best tally and only time he reached 20 goals

Even still now, as an old aging fart, Carter is still among Canada's top choices at the Olympics, etc...

Gallagher? well he is still so fresh and young give it time, i'm sure it's a name that Team Canada will never pass up

point is, Habs Fans have amazing drinking water, and i wish you guys would sell me a bottle of that tap

Look at this guy trying to justify a god-awful trade :laugh:, so delusional. You're comparing point totals from when at least 6-7 players would hit 100+ points every season to an era where 2 players have barely gotten 100 points in the past 3 years, good job buddy!

we've already been through this in the past, you dont know anything about hockey, stick to playing beach volleyball please!

Last edited:

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Brendan Gallagher is a complementary player on a non-contending team. Jeff Carter is a core player on a contending team and a choice for Team Canada. In 2013, the strike-shortened year, he lead the league in goals while playing 1C for a Cup caliber team when Kopitar was injured.

He also scored and assisted many key playoff goals in both Cup runs. Many fans of contending teams know how dangerous Carter is especially late in games or in series.

Too many people are equating being a fan favorite as having some sort of significant trade value on the open market; it doesn't.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Brendan Gallagher is a complementary player on a non-contending team. Jeff Carter is a core player on a contending team and a choice for Team Canada. In 2013, the strike-shortened year, he lead the league in goals while playing 1C for a Cup caliber team when Kopitar was injured.

He also scored and assisted many key playoff goals in both Cup runs. Many fans of contending teams know how dangerous Carter is especially late in games or in series.

Too many people are equating being a fan favorite as having some sort of significant trade value on the open market; it doesn't.

Another no knowledge fan assessing Gallagher. :laugh: Complimentary player?? :laugh::laugh:

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I think Dustin Brown for Alex Galchenyuk would be fair.

Solid 30 point agitator for a 3rd line center with potential of being a #2.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I am a habs fan and it is a yes, for me.

Gallagher is a very nice player and i consider him a first line RW but he is not in the same level as Jeff Carter.

Kempe is a very good prospects also and Sergachev really fill the gap between Kempe-Carter and Gallagher.

Value wise i think it is a good trade, but i see no reason from both team to proceed in real life. (I'd do it being the habs GM because i think we would have a ****ing great team with Carter.)

Last edited:

Minor Boarding

Nov 30, 2011
Corleone
Look at this guy trying to justify a god-awful trade :laugh:, so delusional. You're comparing point totals from when at least 6-7 players would hit 100+ points every season to an era where 2 players have barely gotten 100 points in the past 3 years, good job buddy!

we've already been through this in the past, you dont know anything about hockey, stick to playing beach volleyball please!

Lol.
Well other then the point totals, Carter has been to the Stanley Cup finals 3 times (2 time champion) and Olympic champion.
He hasn't scored less then 60 points in a full NHL season as a King and was also named to the team Canada this year...

I am fairly sure the Kings will be more then fine keeping the 6.4 center that's one of the best skaters in the league and has an amazing wrist shoot...

Also please don't insult us with volleyball refrencess and watch a game or two.
Carter isn't available anyway.

USE Fi

Sep 20, 2007
Home

You have some stats to prove that, or is it just that nice feeling you get everytime you put those homer glasses on?

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007

OMG you're so cute when you're mad

jeffrey-dean-morgan-air-kiss.gif

just cause i'm not a fan of your midget forwards and your tourniquet defensemen i don't know about hockey?

oh i'm sorry TylerToffoli No1, i didn't think you'd get this emotional

ok, nevermind all facts ok? Gallagher has a better smile

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
you know it's time to take a break when...
OMG you're so cute when you're mad

jeffrey-dean-morgan-air-kiss.gif

just cause i'm not a fan of your midget forwards and your tourniquet defensemen i don't know about hockey?

oh i'm sorry TylerToffoli No1, i didn't think you'd get this emotional

ok, nevermind all facts ok? Gallagher has a better smile

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Lol so many children in this thread.

Habs say no because of Carters age, and their dire need for a blue chip d prospect in Sergachev.

Kings say no because Carter is the best player in the trade and they aren't really looking to dish off players for futures. The kings need Carter right now more than a Gallagher and a prospect.

Your team could not afford the price it would cost you to land Doughty. If there is even a price at which LA would move him, probably not.

Weber + Galchenyuk + Sergachev + 1st is quite easily much more than fair value for Doughty. I would almost guarantee the Kings would make that deal if it could fit under the cap. Don't think so? Add in Price as well.

If the habs really wanted to gut their team to acquire Doughty, they easily could. Saying they couldn't put together a package for Doughty is honestly laughable.

Last edited:

CanadiensforLife

Sep 11, 2010
Montreal
The Kings laugh and hang up the phone. Carter plays more minutes, scores at a higher rate, is better defensively, and wins faceoffs. Not only is Gallagher a slight downgrade (at best) from Carter, the Kings would be creating a huge hole at center for no good reason. The only advantage Gallagher has over Carter is his age, but that doesn't count for much when you're trying to win in the immediate future. Swapping prospects makes little sense to the Kings for similar reasons. Adrian Kempe is a talented young winger who has been playing professional hockey against men for the last three years, with potential to make an impact on the roster in the next season or two. It will be years before Sergachev reaches a similar point in his career.

Sorry Habs, you can keep your players.

The Kings laugh and hang up?? You mean the Habs laugh and hang up because it's a kings fan making the proposal and Carter is on the decline while Gallagher is just about to hit his prime. Sergachev is the best D prospect from the 2016 draft. Easy NO from the Habs.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Kings play a physical game. The kings are among the biggest teams in the league. They have tried to play a couple of smaller guys (vey and weal come to mind). They didn't make it. Gallagher while talented does not play a king type game So they would not want him in a trade. Its nothing against his talent Hes just not suited to play physical which is how the kings play.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Kings play a physical game. The kings are among the biggest teams in the league. They have tried to play a couple of smaller guys (vey and weal come to mind). They didn't make it. Gallagher while talented does not play a king type game So they would not want him in a trade. Its nothing against his talent Hes just not suited to play physical which is how the kings play.

Huh? Sure he's not big, but he handles physical play more than most in the NHL. Every team in the NHL would love to have him, including the Kings. Vey and Weal didn't make it because they aren't in Gallagher's league.

PS, not saying the op is the right trade for the Kings.

Last edited:

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
LA MTL trade proposals always end up in civil war

these two teams and fan bases just don't mesh well

thank God we're not in the same division

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Your team could not afford the price it would cost you to land Doughty. If there is even a price at which LA would move him, probably not.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Price? :laugh::laugh:
habs wouldnt do doughty for price. If the kings didnt hvae quick they most likely would do it. For all i know, the kings rely heavily on thier D and G

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Huh? Sure he's not big, but he handles physical play more than most in the NHL. Every team in the NHL would love to have him, including the Kings.

PS, not saying the op is the right trade for the Kings.

he may handle the physical play but does he dish it out. King players must do both and the canadian games i saw (about 25 ) he seems a little soft in that area. La again is among if not the biggest team in the league they will not bring in smaller players especially 5 8 or 9 not happening I think toffoli and purcell is good enough top 6 wingers till Kempe is ready Gallagher is not needed especially at the expense of our number 2 center who they have no one to replace him Why cant montreal fans understand why kings pass at this offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad